Weekly Debrief

Was I ever wrong!

Comments

• A_al_K_pacino_A
    587 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I think most of the people here giving it the great reviews just really like giving BFV a good kicking. BFV deserves it in it's current iteration because the last patch basically broke it but to say CoD doesn't have the one bullet deaths or getting shot around corners and the teams have even numbers is patently rubbish.
  • NLBartmaN
    3321 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I think most of the people here giving it the great reviews just really like giving BFV a good kicking. BFV deserves it in it's current iteration because the last patch basically broke it but to say CoD doesn't have the one bullet deaths or getting shot around corners and the teams have even numbers is patently rubbish.
    Played some hours yesterday and the TTK is very fast (I think half of BF V?), so one bullet deaths is matching the TTK, unlike in BF V ... the big diffrence is: I see and hear the enemies BEFORE I die ... and 99 out of 100 times the other players was just faster or more accurate, unlike in BF V ...

Dying around corners is impossible, since the movement is very slow and TTK very fast, there is not time to get in cover.
  • A_al_K_pacino_A
    587 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN wrote: »
    (Quote)
    Played some hours yesterday and the TTK is very fast (I think half of BF V?), so one bullet deaths is matching the TTK, unlike in BF V ... the big diffrence is: I see and hear the enemies BEFORE I die ... and 99 out of 100 times the other players was just faster or more accurate, unlike in BF V ...

Dying around corners is impossible, since the movement is very slow and TTK very fast, there is not time to get in cover.

I've experienced and witnessed on stream clear ttk/ttd difference, sure it's less obvious with the ttk but I'm not sure that is a good thing. Same with being shot around a corner, it will be much rarer with the ttk but I've seen it first hand.

Campers and head glitching is also the order of the day.
  • mrtwotimes
    764 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Why is it an either or situation?  Don't people play both and have fun?
  • A_al_K_pacino_A
    mrtwotimes wrote: »

I quite agree. I normally have more than one game on the go at a time and you'd assume BF and CoD would attract the same type of players.
  • X_Sunslayer_X
    870 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    ackers75 said:
    I have played the 10 v10 and if the larger player count modes play as good I am all in on this one.

No one bullet deaths
    No amazing bendy bullets
    I can see all enemies

It’s already a more polished game in beta form!

this is the state of affairs we have deteriorated into.
    MW will simply be praised now for not being an absolute train-wreck on launch and judging by the BETA they wouldn't even need to do much anymore.
    i can't think of a sadder state of affairs atm. DICE did not just dropped the ball. they slamdunked it into the earths core and out the other side....
  • BURGERKRIEG
    936 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 13
    Well those of you that played the latest beta, you bought into the hype and pre ordered the game. That suggests you had a predisposition towards looking at the game in a positive nature or you previously enjoyed COD multiplayer. That’s perfectly fine.

My my own tastes differ, which is allowed. I don’t like COD specifically because of it’s recognisable brand of gameplay. I’ll try the open beta again tomorrow. Even if the game is limited to 6v6 I’ll be able to extrapolate what larger modes will be like.

I’m open to trying it again before making up my mind.
  • NLBartmaN
    3321 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Well those of you that played the latest beta, you bought into the hype and pre ordered the game. That suggests you had a predisposition towards looking at the game in a positive nature or you previously enjoyed COD multiplayer. That’s perfectly fine.

Nope, got an early access code, did not pre order.

Did not play CoD since CoD2 and if BF V would have been a good game I would not even have given the Alpha and Beta a try.
  • CHAMMOND1992
    1131 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Because its not about playing both or having fun,  it's just an ego trip of giving DICE the finger for having an unpolished game and/or implementing a design philosophy which isn't inline with what they *believe* Battlefield should be. So now since COD has increased the player count, and has now added vehicles which spawn in, all of a sudden its something, "they can get into" despite it still being COD. Are vehicles strong or weak? Doesn't matter, there's vehicles in it. Does the map design allow free traversal of vehicles? Doesn't matter, there's vehicles in it. How many maps will there be to support Battlefield type of players?

This is literally them trying to make their BF ex jealous in hopes they become a better person.
  • SirTerrible
    1705 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Never been a fan of perks and killstreaks so that'll always be a negative for me when playing CoD. The TTK in Modern Warfare is probably one bullet too quick for my preference too. Overall though it's still a fun beta and I can see myself playing it over BFV until they get their footsteps, visibility, and general gameplay jankyness fixed. The cons in BFV are far worse than the cons in MW so far. It also doesn't hurt that it's got cross play so I will be able to play with everyone I used to game with before we split between PS4/Xbox this gen.
    Nah I haven't pre-ordered it. I made a PSN account set to a region (Saudi Arabia lol) where the beta is open and used that. That work around is all over reddit so I would imagine a lot of people got into the beta that way.
  • ChickenTheTank
    349 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    SQHDP wrote: »
    thamac15 wrote: »
    Please elaborate I will wait for the beta on pc although I have a bloodbornestation4.

Tiny maps as usual.
    TTK and TTD is literally hardcore mode.
    Head glitching corner campers everywhere.
    It truly is the same old CoD crap.

Tiny maps? It literally has a 50v50 game mode, something that we've been asking for for years, TTK is muuuch better than BFV's, because you don't see everyone camping and camping afraid of dying. And no, CoD is not crap, until Ghosts, it was BF's father, far far away

Lol your statement makes ne think you have no idea what the legacy and history of these games are when you compare them. Or it's warped.

Other than both being military shooters, and EA wanting to get in on the piles of cash CoD makes, they don't share anything aside from starting near the same time.
  • ackers75
    2395 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I will say it again ....:
    Not once have I died from a super bullet
    Not once have I been well behind cover and either taken massive amounts of damage or being killed.

I know as a battlefield player you may find it a strange concept!
  • elliott316
    33 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Played the beta of MW it felt sooooo arcadey, so much so I thought I was playing Operation Wolf
  • MogwaiWarrior
    723 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    First off, I don't care for BFV at all. I was sort of excited for the new MW. Then the more I thought about it I came to the conclusion that it probably won't appeal to me. I've grown to love BF1's version of Operations. I don't think MW will have anything compared to that. I love destruction, MW won't have that. I love BF's unique classes, MW won't have that. I love vehicle gameplay, MW won't have that unless it's kill streaks from what I've heard. I don't care for arcade shooters. I don't get bored with a BF game and like to really play it for years, MW will maybe be a nine month game before they are already talking about a new one. I'll try the beta when it comes out on XBOX and maybe my mind will change?
  • BURGERKRIEG
    936 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The marketing/hype surrounding the game is huge. It’s like the exact opposite of what happened last year with BFV. 

I wonder if DICE have any marketing ready for the Pacific content. Isn’t it due before Christmas?
  • firechickenfan
    470 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Just to be clear, I have thousands of hours in at least 3 different BF games each. I dont believe it when I say I'm bored with BF. But starting with BF1, it has lost something since BF4. And for me, everything that was wrong BF1, is e landed on in BF5.
  • SlowOldWarrior
    452 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Not pre-ordering anything (thank you BF5 for teaching me that lesson), and I have never liked COD gameplay - always preferred BF.

It's almost like BF5 is intentionally trying to drive me away.