This Week in Battlefield V

The breda M1935PG

Comments

• VincentNZ
    2895 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    VincentNZ said:
    well clearly the assault-class needed another weapon to dunk on medic and recon with
    DICE only loves the Assault. No love for the Medic is the norm. The last time anything good came out for the Medic was the ZK-383 then they went and nerfed it as it was too good against said preference.

Hmm, the MAB is also a top-tier weapon, along with the Suomi and since the update the EMP, ZK Tommy and MP28 even.

DMG drop off, velocity,sights,recoil-patterns,spread and drag all make SMGs next to useless beyond 30m sure you can try but you are at a clear disadvantage eventhough you are engaging first.
    having the medic stuck at almost exclusively SMGs was and is a bad move. players clearly care more for versatility and variety in their gameplay.
    medic can do extreme CQC or CQC and that is is.

Yeah and 75% of all engagements happen in that rangeframe so you are well equipped for fighting in that niche. And of course you have the Carbines that outgun snipers in all relevant ranges, while you can always heal yourself AND control engagements through your gadgets. The medic is perfectly reasonable as long as attrition is still in the game.
    ARs suffer from the same issues, they have awful recoil patterns, SIPS and also rarely have access to the full set of hipfire specs which are so very important in this game.
  • Major_Pungspark
    1466 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Haha, it is complete **** without leveling it up, maybe it gets better because at start settings throwing it at an enemy would be better.
  • SlowOldWarrior
    450 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:
    VincentNZ said:
    I hate DICE for making so many weapons arcade easymode. It shallows the game even more.

The Breda is hardly an easymode weapon, hence Westie suggested to use it in semi-auto, which makes it a worse SAR. Burst weapons are rather hard to use because they take control away from the player and engaging targets feels extremely akward when you can not decide when to stop firing.
    For some reason I always liked them, especially the AN-94.
    Perhaps because they are semi auto varaant that do not need one to have macro-like fingers to fire at max RoF
    I was just posting about "that Russian gun" on another post!
  • xKusagamix
    945 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Having the left ROF upgrade, i suprised that it's extremely faster than the default one.
  • VincentNZ
    2895 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Having the left ROF upgrade, i suprised that it's extremely faster than the default one.

It is not a ROF upgrade, it increases the ROF of the burst. The right spec increases the overall ROF by decreasing the delay between bursts.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    5463 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The gun feels a bit broken if used in single fire mod. During the first full round with Breda yesterday I managed to get 70 kills with it. It seems to me that the gun was balanced by Dice around burst mod mostly because single fire mod sertantly feels like lazergun with mininal spread and recoil. Currently it's a better version of M1A1 or gewehr 1-5.
  • BeastofBourbon84
    227 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The gun feels a bit broken if used in single fire mod. During the first full round with Breda yesterday I managed to get 70 kills with it. It seems to me that the gun was balanced by Dice around burst mod mostly because single fire mod sertantly feels like lazergun with mininal spread and recoil. Currently it's a better version of M1A1 or gewehr 1-5.

It feels good in semi but statwise the m1a1 is the better choice.

NoctyrneSaga FTK analysis:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/d3m3qv/breda_ftk_chart_and_analysis/
  • BeastofBourbon84
    227 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Not sure what's the problem.
    I simply gave credit for the work he put into it.
    Assault doesn't have any bad guns the Breda simply falls in line.

And yes I have tried both, what makes the Breda better then the m1 in your opinion?
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    5463 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Not sure what's the problem.
    I simply gave credit for the work he put into it.
    Assault doesn't have any bad guns the Breda simply falls in line.

And yes I have tried both, what makes the Breda better then the m1 in your opinion?
    It feels better because it feels like the gun has almost no recoil to it and very accurate compared to M1A1.
    But I think it's Dice's fault because the gun is balanced around burst fire while nobody paid real attention to single fire mod probably. And that's why it's a bit imbalanced, let's say.
  • TFBisquit
    1629 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Without the specs it's not that good imo.
    Single shot is fast, but so are some other sar's.
    For the rest it suffers from the same as the AN94, which is close combat, where the burst stands in the way. But I will see when I have all specs enabled, maybe then it's as fun to use as the m1907sf.
  • GrizzGolf
    987 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    CSO7777 said:
    These "one-hit" weapons only makes the game even more frustrating to play than it already is. Getting killed by one-hit-kill weapons will never feel fair, no matter what, and these weapons should be kept at an absolute minimum. Having a "shotgun" with longer range sounds really stupid to me.

People who are good at using them, "abuse" them and people that are not, just drag their teams down from trying (Boys AT is a good example of this)... 

WE have another 1 hit weapon? Come on Dice...

• VincentNZ

It feels good in semi but statwise the m1a1 is the better choice.

NoctyrneSaga FTK analysis:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/d3m3qv/breda_ftk_chart_and_analysis/
    Have you tired it yourself or just brought some guy from reddit for some reason? My experience with the gun tells me go single round or ignore the gun. I'd say that Dice didn't want or ignored properly balancing it so we have another SAR with little to no drawbacks instead of AR.

Then you are ignoring the facts and the gun mechanics of this game. He is also not "some guy on Reddit". He does all the FTK charts since BF3 in collaboration with the other symthicians. The stats are that of a worse M1A1.. The damage model is better, the mag capacity is better, the specs are better or are not obsolete, the hipfire is better. You have SIPS, and H-Rec to deal with, too. It simply has no outlying qualities when used as an SAR. You could use all other select-fire ARs in semi-auto and get a similar performance.
    Use it as a burst rifle, or use the M1A1. Or if you are really accurate, use the AG/42.
  • X_Sunslayer_X
    858 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    VincentNZ said:
    VincentNZ said:
    well clearly the assault-class needed another weapon to dunk on medic and recon with
    DICE only loves the Assault. No love for the Medic is the norm. The last time anything good came out for the Medic was the ZK-383 then they went and nerfed it as it was too good against said preference.

Hmm, the MAB is also a top-tier weapon, along with the Suomi and since the update the EMP, ZK Tommy and MP28 even.

DMG drop off, velocity,sights,recoil-patterns,spread and drag all make SMGs next to useless beyond 30m sure you can try but you are at a clear disadvantage eventhough you are engaging first.
    having the medic stuck at almost exclusively SMGs was and is a bad move. players clearly care more for versatility and variety in their gameplay.

Yeah and 75% of all engagements happen in that rangeframe so you are well equipped for fighting in that niche. And of course you have the Carbines that outgun snipers in all relevant ranges, while you can always heal yourself AND control engagements through your gadgets. The medic is perfectly reasonable as long as attrition is still in the game.
    ARs suffer from the same issues, they have awful recoil patterns, SIPS and also rarely have access to the full set of hipfire specs which are so very important in this game.

mhm 0-30m being the average engagement distance is not true imo.
    CQC on flags maybe but you still need to transition in between flags and that is almost as much time as spend on objectives as well.
    well i still believe if medic gets the option to pick between any AR and any SMG i doubt more then 10% would pick an SMG over said AR. sometimes you just need a tad bit more versatility. medic has no versatility the carbines are a joke as long as players can accelerate faster then the bullet flies towards them.
    smoke is situational at best, i mean i get more and more missfires on the launcher apparently almost every round i play has at least 1 or two smokes that do not pop killing me in the process.
    i mean what other reason is there to medic being the least played class on almost all maps on almost all servers i join in? if you balance a class around one gadget you need to go back to the drawing board.
    if self-healing was that good on FJELL everyone should play the class same with MARITA but alas support and assault reign supreme anywhere everywhere.
    even DEVS i've talked to in the game said they dislike the class balance
  • VincentNZ
    VincentNZ said:
    VincentNZ said:

mhm 0-30m being the average engagement distance is not true imo.
    CQC on flags maybe but you still need to transition in between flags and that is almost as much time as spend on objectives as well.
    well i still believe if medic gets the option to pick between any AR and any SMG i doubt more then 10% would pick an SMG over said AR. sometimes you just need a tad bit more versatility. medic has no versatility the carbines are a joke as long as players can accelerate faster then the bullet flies towards them.
    smoke is situational at best, i mean i get more and more missfires on the launcher apparently almost every round i play has at least 1 or two smokes that do not pop killing me in the process.
    i mean what other reason is there to medic being the least played class on almost all maps on almost all servers i join in? if you balance a class around one gadget you need to go back to the drawing board.
    if self-healing was that good on FJELL everyone should play the class same with MARITA but alas support and assault reign supreme anywhere everywhere.
    even DEVS i've talked to in the game said they dislike the class balance
    We can only extrapolate from the data we have:
    For BF4 this means that the average kill distance is at 17m, the 75% sits at 35m (meaning 75% of all kills happen at this range or below).
    In BF1 we ar elooking at 15.6 as the average kill distance. and 75% at 37m. And that is with all the sweet spot shenanigans.
    BF1 was rather renowned for maps with wide open areas, and BFV significantly dialed back on this, although it is still wide and open. Now what they still have as design premise is to cramp players into very small structures and houses, especially on or near flags. This is where most kills happen.
    If players pick a STG44 right now over the MAB I think they are not aware of the weapon stats, gun mechanics and can not analyse their regular rounds, engagements and gadget use. They are playing inefficiently. The Medic does not need versatility when health attrition is irrelevant for them and they can close gaps with smoke that make their primaries very good in the relevant engagement range. Personally I've seen two smoke grenade duds, I do not often use the launcher, but I have seen no duds there either. More likely is them going off a tad late, because they still bounce before exploding or because the throw was inaccurate.
    The Trombocino is a gamechanger weapon, it offers a OHK in 90% of all kill distances, while having a higher ROF than the BAs. You do not have to use them, but if you can use them proficiently you have nothing to worry about.
    I doubt you have the data to show that the Medic is indeed the least played class. You would have to monitor many rounds to gather statistically relevant data. I do believe that Assault is the most played class and Medic might be the least played class, but I do not think the difference between the other three is big. The positive gameplay impact of a medic however is undebatable. Class distribution is also heavily dependent on map and, even more so, on the ToW. This week you see a lot since two assignments pretty much rely on playing the Medic. The only reliable date we have on it is this:
    Which is from release to december when the TTK change was done and SMGs were at the weakest with 9 BTK etc.. Medic was indeed the least played class, but it still outscored all the other classes.
    Individual maps is a little tricky, since the issues are mostly within poor map design and visibility. Marita on Conquest is an issue, because fights only happen along the crevasse of C to D. Still the smokes of medics are essential to make any push. This is the same on asymmetric modes like BT and Rush, where stationary defending trumps movement, as this is very limited with a stable frontline and limited map areas.
    Lastly I do not say that class balance is not broken, the issue solely lies within the 360 RPM SARs, the dominance of 3x scopes and the lack of visibility. The Medic issue is a perceived issue resulting in players using the class wrong, as in refraining from using hipfire (including not using the specs) and not using the gadgets to their benefit, which includes healing and exploiting health attrition of others.
  • TEKNOCODE
    10835 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    How does this compare to the BR from Halo?
  • TFBisquit
    1629 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Dice no doubt has the data from each class and how much it's played. I figure that's where the little love for smg's come from in last patch.
    We can't proof it though, it remains speculative.
    As for personal observation, there are usually several medics running around, while not overwhelming, I usually don't feel like there are none.
    From those medics there is usually 1 or 2 doing really well in terms of kdr. Whether that is through commitment or something else I leave in the middle. Because I do believe if you commit yourself to one weapon and class, you eventually become very good at it.
    The majority though seems to go for a "safer" class like assault. Which does show classes are unbalanced.
    It's not black or white either imo, some extra finetuning can help all classes, despite some moaning from people getting annoyed when they are killed by some weapons, which also doesn't help in balancing.
  • TheyHaveScissors
    697 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    TFBisquit said:
    Dice no doubt has the data from each class and how much it's played. I figure that's where the little love for smg's come from in last patch.

I actually rarely play the most used SMG's because how easy they've become. There's not challenge to them, thus boring (at least for me). I hope DICE takes this into consideration, that players have other reasons to NOT pick a weapon.
  • X_Sunslayer_X
    858 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

We can only extrapolate from the data we have:
    For BF4 this means that the average kill distance is at 17m, the 75% sits at 35m (meaning 75% of all kills happen at this range or below).
    In BF1 we ar elooking at 15.6 as the average kill distance. and 75% at 37m. And that is with all the sweet spot shenanigans.
    BF1 was rather renowned for maps with wide open areas, and BFV significantly dialed back on this, although it is still wide and open. Now what they still have as design premise is to cramp players into very small structures and houses, especially on or near flags. This is where most kills happen.
    If players pick a STG44 right now over the MAB I think they are not aware of the weapon stats, gun mechanics and can not analyse their regular rounds, engagements and gadget use. They are playing inefficiently. The Medic does not need versatility when health attrition is irrelevant for them and they can close gaps with smoke that make their primaries very good in the relevant engagement range. Personally I've seen two smoke grenade duds, I do not often use the launcher, but I have seen no duds there either. More likely is them going off a tad late, because they still bounce before exploding or because the throw was inaccurate.
    The Trombocino is a gamechanger weapon, it offers a OHK in 90% of all kill distances, while having a higher ROF than the BAs. You do not have to use them, but if you can use them proficiently you have nothing to worry about.
    I doubt you have the data to show that the Medic is indeed the least played class. You would have to monitor many rounds to gather statistically relevant data. I do believe that Assault is the most played class and Medic might be the least played class, but I do not think the difference between the other three is big. The positive gameplay impact of a medic however is undebatable. Class distribution is also heavily dependent on map and, even more so, on the ToW. This week you see a lot since two assignments pretty much rely on playing the Medic. The only reliable date we have on it is this:
    Which is from release to december when the TTK change was done and SMGs were at the weakest with 9 BTK etc.. Medic was indeed the least played class, but it still outscored all the other classes.
    Individual maps is a little tricky, since the issues are mostly within poor map design and visibility. Marita on Conquest is an issue, because fights only happen along the crevasse of C to D. Still the smokes of medics are essential to make any push. This is the same on asymmetric modes like BT and Rush, where stationary defending trumps movement, as this is very limited with a stable frontline and limited map areas.
    Lastly I do not say that class balance is not broken, the issue solely lies within the 360 RPM SARs, the dominance of 3x scopes and the lack of visibility. The Medic issue is a perceived issue resulting in players using the class wrong, as in refraining from using hipfire (including not using the specs) and not using the gadgets to their benefit, which includes healing and exploiting health attrition of others.
    true the numbers are not available. i believe DICE keeps them locked up simply because it would highlight the issues of the game even more.
    yeah BF4 was in terms of weapons a lot faster paced then any other BF up to this point. BF1 slowed it down a lot and BFV imo failed completely to make it an actual fun mechanic because certain weapons seem to be more viable for the community then others.

now i do agree the SPM on the medic is beyond broken point income is absurdly high and easy to maintain if you know what you do. KDR too can be easily boosted as a medic because if you play your cards right you can stay alive longer. but then again these are a lot of "ifs". and i believe we are in agreement that assault and support offer to few drawbacks even in engagments the medic should be more viable i mean there is only one AR that has a lower ROF then 50% of the SMGs. and the ones that do go toe to toe with the SMGs in these regards then offer more versatility and efficiency  to be had 8/10 times.

gadgets are a tough one imo. medic is purely build as a passive gadget role. smokes are great i use them exclusively but again the variety and versatility is limited at best. you either go all out smoke or you should pick a different class.

speaking of the M28... sure its "better" then BAR but that is it. every other weapon in the game will have a far superior TTK and handling. and lets bve honest the 1 hit kill HS is at best absulute best happening once or twice per round in a moving engagement if its a stationary camper the number will increase. but again flexibility is limited.

i'd just love for DICE to come out and say we have a class-balance problem or better an overall balance problem but they will never admit it. their approach to "bring back physicality" was bad at best. animations are a not working in games this fast paced. by the time you start a revive animation regardless if its a medic or not the entire engagement can shift and you are then pushed by someone you didn't even know is coming since sound-design and visibility is a joke at the best of times....

i am well aware that DICE can't give the medic any other weapon type atm since self-healing in addition to LMGs or whatever would make any other class obsolete. but i still wished they'd do something other then carbines and SMGs. i and many others would even agree to take a hit to how much you can use the self-heal and i have given ideas on how to do it. put it on a timer for example once activated it takes 5-10s to recharge/slow down the regeneration rate maybe to half what other classes have and lock this trade off to a new combat role or make the field-medic the versatile one and the combat medic as the one with fast healing and SMGs....

BFV will not change in this regard that ship has sailed after the BETA but maybe DICE does see attrition does not fit in a casual shooter at least at this magnitude. since the ALPHA the entire idea of attrition was changes so much to water it down they might as well have removed it for infantry entirely. what would be an interesting idea is implementing attrition into a HC setting for maybe

• SgtStav
    89 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    is the breda assigments bugged? lol not getting tracked here....