So, where's the shotgun hate?

2»

Comments

• SirTerrible
    1713 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    They aren't usually 80m away hidden in a bush. You can usually see them before they kill you and outside of camping in buildings they tend to promote player movement which makes for more engaging gameplay imo. I still don't particularly like 'em but I've come to terms with them a long long time ago.
  • GeneralXIV
    279 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I dislike the AT rifles and the shotguns. I don't hate them exactly, but I don't really think they are "fair" and I think the game would be better if they were removed or rebalanced. Shotguns have led to more annoying deaths than AT rifles in my experience, but both weapons seem to be used by prone people far too much. The only real difference Ive noticed is that shotguns prefer to instant death you from inside buildings/in corners (particularly upstairs where there are blindspots because of the building designs) or just next to objectives, while the AT rifle users prefer to instant death you from bushes.

I personally think shotguns would be balanced with a 2 hit kill. One is a little too much and I don't think I could ever really enjoy them being in the game until other classes can compete with them.
  • CT1924
    169 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Shotguns are not as much of a problem, as they only work within 5 meters. AT rifles work up to around 200. See the difference?
  • bran1986
    5794 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The problem with shotguns is they are nearly impossible to balance. They are always either too weak or insanely strong. Shotguns are a pain but at least the range in which they are s pain is relatively small compared to mmgs and AT rifles which can melt or ohk out to 100 meters.
  • Major_Pungspark
    1488 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    CT1924 said:
    Shotguns are not as much of a problem, as they only work within 5 meters. AT rifles work up to around 200. See the difference?

You are supposed to aim and fire and not swing at the enemy.
  • SlowOldWarrior
    460 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 13
    The shotgun balance is one of the few things BF5 got right this time - they are very effective within their scope, but trade away utility for that specialization.  They are accurately portrayed and very much "real-life", and very rarely utilized by any military world-wide - not worth the weight to carry.  Other than a specific breaching role, every rifle/carbine/SMG really out-classes them.

Why no hate?  It's obvious, they play on the flag!
  • TFBisquit
    1767 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Used the drilling on sqc for some tow assignments. It was kinda fun to play that way, and you certainly need to be around the flag.
  • Major_Pungspark
    1488 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think they are OP as **** on closer ranges thanks to the no need to ads and the insane strafe speeds in this game. But this is the way DICE likes it, after being killed three times in a row by a shotgun I just change server
  • Woodlbrad
    691 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 15
    Nerf them now I died like 3 times dice what are you doing to this game? I should be taking at least 2 point blank shots to the face what a disgrace. I’m playing assault class I shouldn’t die I’m a one man army dice!!! I hate shotguns they are the most op thing ever. Reeeeeeeeeee!
  • M_Rat13
    1379 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Woodlbrad said:
    Nerf them now I died like 3 times dice what are you doing to this game? I should be taking at least 2 point blank shots to the face what a disgrace. I’m playing assault class I shouldn’t die I’m a one man army dice!!! I hate shotguns they are the most op thing ever. Reeeeeeeeeee!

I'll be honest, it took me a while to realize this was a parody. I had a good laugh at my stupidity, at least, lol.
  • xKusagamix
    1033 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    After the nerf of APCR upgrade for AT Rifles, its not fun anymore. And people are mostly got killed by ARs and SARs way more than AT Rifles, but the hate for AT Rifles are understandable.
    I wish that DICE can implement soldier mobility base on their load out, making MMGs and AT Rifles users spint and walk the slowest while Medic with SMGs are the fastest. AT Rifles and MMGs users will get a hard time running to their spot and they hardly can get out of it easily, making them an easier target to kill.

The point of making MMGs and AT Rifles can't ADS without using the bipod because they're supposed to be too "heavy" to ADS without bipod while they can just run as fast as people with SMGs is ridiculous imo.
  • TFBisquit
    1767 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Its how Dice feels it should be. Always was.
    They watched too many Rambo movies I suppose.
  • Tullzter
    1137 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Shotguns in game modes such as squad contest or fortress are particularly efficicent because of the CQC layout of the maps..i have to say that i love them and almost exclusively run shotgun when playing these modes, Drilling, 12g or the M1897..they are both deadly at close range. I don't see why they would get hate, yes they are a 1HK but not very accurate at long ranges...they entail that players have to move around the map and that alone is a good thing for the support class that has been plagued with proning and campers
  • gailjon
    78 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The irony of course is that every weapon should be a 1HK at close range to the head. Try standing up after being shot by any weapon at close quarters. 

• GP-Caliber
    651 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    There's plenty of shotgun hate, particularly against the Drilling however since they are limited to a single class they aren't as problematic as they were in previous entries.

the drilling is awesome. its so much fun to play with. I love the versatility of the gun with the rifle round. I do have to say it is a skillgun.