Weekly BF

Two Levels of Play

xHonest_Abe
137 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
This happens all the time, a game were the lead player (maybe up to 3) at the end of the game has 3 times the kills compared to the majority of the players during the game. You look up their stats and most have a k/d of 3.5 to 5.0+ and some show only 3 or 4 days total playing the game. When they are on, it is quite noticeable because the auto balance rarely works after the game starts, and the smart players start leaving half way before the game ends (this allows more dumb unsuspecting players on the server, lol). I would say there are two types of players, for fun and competition. Why can't  Battlefield V have two types of servers. Players with k/d 2.0 and lower would be allowed on the fun server, and the rest on the competition server. So the ones on the competition server would have some real challenges for a change instead of slowly emptying the server. By having a few competition servers, this would prove if a gamer is really that good or not. You tube heroes should not fear this competition server, but it would boost their credibility.

Comments

• LOLGotYerTags
    13320 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Why not just hold tight for RSP and then players can run their own comp servers.
  • NN_Buzz12
    141 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Ya I’ve been holding out for over 4 months. Tell you the truth, I don’t think I want to come back. EA blew it and I hope the usual clans that had servers don’t come back either.

EA l ft us out in the cold on this one.
  • SirTerrible
    1710 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The people topping the scoreboards round after round want to just relax and have fun too though. Forcing people into a sort of skill based system wouldn't mesh all that well with Battlefield's more casual nature I don't think. Optional ranked servers with skill based matchmaking could be something worth looking into but I am not sure it'd be popular.
  • YourLocalPlumber
    3028 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    And then there would be so called "Stat padders" who artificially keep their stats low so that they can join low k/d servers to slaughter you all.
  • BeastofBourbon84
    320 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 16
    One or 2 "Whales" might not be that big of a problem in 64player games.
    I certainly had a lot of good games and still lost.

In scq it's really bad though either you get stomped or stomp the enemy, match after match...
    I don't think I ever had a close game in this mode.
    Post edited by BeastofBourbon84 on
  • ElliotLH
    8563 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Sorry OP but this doesn't sound enjoyable to me.  
  • ProAssassin2003
    3450 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 16
    I can say with certainty that I'm having a worse experience on top of the scoreboard carrying the Team on my Back trying to capture objectives by myself and watching Blueberries "have fun".
  • X_Sunslayer_X
    987 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Why not just hold tight for RSP and then players can run their own comp servers.

why should we hope to get any decent plug ins like before.
    DICE has not answered a single solid question since the announced the feature i wouldn't even be surprised if they cancel it sooner then later with some more excuses of not wanting to deprive the game of much needed dev-time or needing to re-rout the work time towards a new project....
  • StormSaxon
    670 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    You see that in every FPS.

Some guys are just VERY good with certain weapon.

Some spend the whole game bombing the map with a friend happy to be their rear gunner on a day where no good fighter pilots are there to bring them down. Some are on a map which enables them to sit safely in a good position in a tank. That can kill from afar.

Some are accidently or purposely exploiting lag

Some are just lucky they played a team that couldn’t handle their tank.

Usually those guys don’t get me much. If they are too good I go to a different sector of the battle field. If they are genuinely good I like having them about, good to test yourself against, and eventually you end up on the same team.
    M

• xHonest_Abe
    137 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    And then there would be so called "Stat padders" who artificially keep their stats low so that they can join low k/d servers to slaughter you all.

Over time those who would keep their k/d low to play on the fun server would not have the outrageous scores that are current now. No slaughter or their k/d over time would place them out of the server. I can see some players giving up their hacks just to play on such a server. Some are just good players without hacks but lack real competition. Oh well from past experience, nothing will change as long as the gaming clans are left out of the picture to control a fair server.
  • TyroneLoyd
    1423 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    For alot of us that are on top of the scoreboard 9 times out of 10 are kind of in auto pilot mode(bad term but idk what else to call it). We kind of go with the flow of the game and end up capping/defending and killing all in rapid succession. It tends to ruins people experiences but what else are we supposed to do not play a bf game? We are having fun (usually) so I'm not sure what else we could do.
    I think alot of these gripes are due to not having a skilled based ranked matchmaking system but that would come with a heavy amount of headaches and wait times.

A good comparison to "Autopilot mode" would be when I'm on iracing mid race and my times are within .500 to .600 of my fastest consistently till the end. We call that a flow state or autopilot. Its just the way it is. *shrug*
  • Desyatnik_Pansy
    1465 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So I play for fun, but because I perform at "competition" level, I should be forced to play in the competition server. I dunno, that doesn't seem really fair for me. 
  • NN_Buzz12
    141 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    LoL
    TyroneLoyd wrote: »
    For alot of us that are on top of the scoreboard 9 times out of 10 are kind of in auto pilot mode(bad term but idk what else to call it). We kind of go with the flow of the game and end up capping/defending and killing all in rapid succession. It tends to ruins people experiences but what else are we supposed to do not play a bf game? We are having fun (usually) so I'm not sure what else we could do.
    I think alot of these gripes are due to not having a skilled based ranked matchmaking system but that would come with a heavy amount of headaches and wait times.

A good comparison to "Autopilot mode" would be when I'm on iracing mid race and my times are within .500 to .600 of my fastest consistently till the end. We call that a flow state or autopilot. Its just the way it is. *shrug*

LOL - thanks champ
  • TyroneLoyd
    1423 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    NN_Buzz12 said:
    LoL

LOL - thanks champ
    Is there a problem with an explanation? I don't get it.
  • NN_Buzz12
    None, thank you. I took notes.
  • RedlineRacer93
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I used tp love fun noobs servers on bf3 bcz with my team we used to do the fast and the furious with jeeps. However.... The kd filter thing was something that made bf3 so rich and requested... Since if you had a kd lower than 0.80 you could play the server.... And no nolifer that plays 16 hours daily and has a toilet water instead of chair... Using a flebo with vitamins instead of eating... That has a kd of 6.89 would hs with his bipod,s grenade........ You don't realize but the.. Being thrown to the wolves system im bf5 just made tons and tons of players leave due to the incredible frustration.
  • RedlineRacer93
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    You lost me at abusing glitches.

:c what about at the tank on the roof?... I'm just trying to say.... Experienced and acknowledged players.. Will do that always amd always and this will just increase the frustration of newcomers. Its not being fair in there... Just 95% of over lv70... Use extremely unfair techniks against newcomers
  • TyroneLoyd
    edited September 17
    (Quote)
    You lost me at abusing glitches.

:c what about at the tank on the roof?... I'm just trying to say.... Experienced and acknowledged players.. Will do that always amd always and this will just increase the frustration of newcomers. Its not being fair in there... Just 95% of over lv70... Use extremely unfair techniks against newcomers

I think it's the opposite tbh
    You may see those type of players every once in awhile but I highly doubt they are on top of the scoreboard and if so it's extremely rare (at least from my experience)
  • ShevermiN
    391 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Dude how much longer can we hold out ????   
  • YourLocalPlumber
    3028 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

This basically explains it. I never understood people who call me a "tryhard" or excuse their own incomitance as "I'm not even trying, I'm playing for fun". I'm also just playing as everyone else on the server, use same guns, have same character stats as everyone else.  I just play normally without doing anything unusual to my playstyle. I just log in, pick my character and start playing the way developers intended.