This Week in Battlefield V

Do not purchase Weapons (They are SKINS)

fsmaf3lip3
1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
I just bought today the Cavalleria, thinking it was a weapon, there is no disclaimer that it is a skin! Totally disappointed! That seems like a scam, I tried to contact via chat, requesting a refund but they cant refund me due to the in-game currency policy.

Felipe (7.9.2019, 15:46:54): I was playing BF V, and I decided to purchase a weapon, however I could not equip it after the purchase, I found out online the reason is because it is a skin and not a weapon which totally diverges from the what the game describes inside, as there is no disclaimer that it is referred to a skin 
Felipe (7.9.2019, 15:47:48): considering this situation, I feel scammed, and I would like to request a refund of this purchase, you are allowed to take out my BF V inside purchase and remove my BF V remaining currency in order to proceed with the refund. 
Anchal (7.9.2019, 15:49:25): Oh ! that might be very inconvenient for you that you were not aware that it is a skin and you purchased it  , but do not worry I 'll try my best to help you . 
Felipe (7.9.2019, 15:49:57): I appreciate it 
Anchal (7.9.2019, 15:50:32): Can I ask you few question so that I can able to locate the account ? 
Felipe (7.9.2019, 15:50:38): Sure 
Anchal (7.9.2019, 15:50:38): Thank you ! 
Felipe (7.9.2019, 15:51:14): The order number is 1004702300726 
Felipe (7.9.2019, 15:51:29): It was paid via paypal 
Anchal (7.9.2019, 15:51:47): Thank you ! 
Anchal (7.9.2019, 15:52:16): Lemme check . 
Felipe (7.9.2019, 15:54:29): Ok  
Anchal (7.9.2019, 15:55:01): Please allow me a minute . 
Anchal (7.9.2019, 15:58:19): Thank you for staying connected . 
Anchal (7.9.2019, 15:58:59): Unfortunately , we are not able to initiate the refund for the in-game currencies . 
Felipe (7.9.2019, 15:59:22): It is very sad, as I feel scammed by not being advised that was not a weapon 
Felipe (7.9.2019, 16:00:08): That cant be true, considering I am always purchasing the latest version of the games, and in this unfortunate case you cant help me 
Anchal (7.9.2019, 16:01:23): I am afraid , however we do not have any option to remove the points or initiate the refund for in-game currencies . 
Felipe (7.9.2019, 16:01:47): Is it at least possible to undo my purchase of a skin so I can have that currency for another thing? 
Felipe (7.9.2019, 16:01:54): Or at least leave it as a bonus in the Origin account... 
Felipe (7.9.2019, 16:02:11): I just wanted to not have purchased that, there is nothing, but nothing saying it is a skin 
Felipe (7.9.2019, 16:02:29): everything leads you to think it is a real weapon to be used right after the purchase.... 
Anchal (7.9.2019, 16:03:56): I really understand the situation , however this is something which is not in our refund policy . 
Anchal (7.9.2019, 16:04:42): For more information regarding our refund policy please refer to this link :

Felipe (7.9.2019, 16:05:11): Isnt there anything you could do, such as giving it as a bonus instead? The money will still be with EA 
Felipe (7.9.2019, 16:05:19): ... I just dont feel right the way it is... 
Anchal (7.9.2019, 16:06:23): AHh! I wish I could help you with this.Ireally do. But this is something which is not possible from our end. I hope you understand my limitations as well. 

The attendant was very supportive, however that does not change this feeling of being scammed.

I kindly request the moderator to analyse this case, that is very sad to see EA not supporting in this case!

Comments

• YourLocalPlumber
    2886 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Sweet God in heaven.....People STILL haven't learned that you cannot buy weapon for Boins?!

Besides, ToW weapons cost like what....2k CC? Its not that much.
  • NN_Buzz12
    112 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Anything for a buck EA. Petty company. Scripted reply all the way through “so sorry”.

They’ve been taking our money without delivering since launch. Cash is king and they won’t be getting anymore of mine until I see serious change and heads roll.
  • HydroExcursion
    207 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    been there, done that.

• DaveTheBrave_USA
    151 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    In the heat of "battle" who notices what skin another player has on their weapon? Who even notices what weapon they carry at all?Why buy any skins? Buying weapon upgrades or more powerful weapons might make sense but then there might be an unfair advantage created by players with fatter wallets being more effective in the game.
  • EXILE157
    215 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    That's why BF4 is by far the best BF game in general.
  • EXILE157
    215 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    We know.

Sadly,  People spend money first and ask questions later.
    A perfect example of how EA/DICE feels about their customers.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    13045 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    EXILE157 said:
    We know.

Sadly,  People spend money first and ask questions later.
    A perfect example of how EA/DICE feels about their customers.
    Not really,  People need to examine exactly what it is they are buying.

It clearly states here what you CAN purchase with battlefield currency :  https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/battlefield/battlefield-5/news/battlefield-5-currency

"What Can I Use Battlefield Currency to Get?

Inside the Armory, Battlefield Currency can be used to acquire:

• Cosmetic customization items
    • Elite sets
    • Time savers

Elite sets and time savers will not be available on April 4 but will arrive later in Battlefield V.

Cosmetic Items
    Today, you can get cosmetic items of all rarity levels through direct progression, such as Chapter Rewards or Career, Class, and Weapon Ranks. You can also get other Common, Uncommon, and Rare items through Company Coins."

Nowhere does it state that you can purchase weapons  ( this would make the game Pay to win ) 

• Mhill2029
    121 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I knew that it was purely skins, it even says so. I don't understand the confusion...
  • Jinko_itx
    715 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Our school systems are failing that bad huh? what a shame...
  • Jinko_itx
    715 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    most comments are blaming EA when it was the impulse buyer at fault...either this is your first time playing an online game or you have been living under a rock, EA stopped Pay to win a long time ago with Battlefield
  • MrMennagio
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Nowhere does it state that you can purchase weapons  ( this would make the game Pay to win ) 
    Except exactly at the point of doing so;

-----------

From what I gather, the original poster's issue is not that they got a skin per se, is that, to them, it wasn't clear that that's what they were going to get beforehand. They thought they were going to get a new weapon; they got a skin for an existing one. 

Imagine you're completely new to the game/series - you launch it for the first time and that's what you see - is it clear that you're not getting a weapon? I'm not sure it is.

In my opinion, you shouldn't have to have prior knowledge of a game/series - or to have read 'news updates' from 6 months ago - for it to be apparent that "weapons" actually means "skins".

If the OP feels that aggrieved about it all then PayPal's chargeback process (as a 'product not as described') might be an available option - although I suspect the likelihood of success of such action is low as the actual "purchase" was for in-game currency - not a weapon/skin directly. 

• LOLGotYerTags
    13045 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator

-----------

I can see where the confusion is,  but I literally found that page about what is purchasable with boins within seconds.

I agree the wording needs fixed though from "weapons" to "weapon skins"
  • fragnstein
    491 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I work in retail, and I don't know how many customers I have had to deal with that can't read. They like to read the sale price on the sign and think that anything around it is what's on sale. "This was sitting under the sign, why does it not ring up right?" Because you didn't read the sign nor read what you picked up.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    I work in retail, and I don't know how many customers I have had to deal with that can't read. They like to read the sale price on the sign and think that anything around it is what's on sale. "This was sitting under the sign, why does it not ring up right?" Because you didn't read the sign nor read what you picked up.
    This is not the first time this has been brought up on the forum either.

customers who purchased boins expecting to be able to purchase weapons without the needed tow grind.
  • EXILE157

-----------

From what I gather, the original poster's issue is not that they got a skin per se, is that, to them, it wasn't clear that that's what they were going to get beforehand. They thought they were going to get a new weapon; they got a skin for an existing one. 

Imagine you're completely new to the game/series - you launch it for the first time and that's what you see - is it clear that you're not getting a weapon? I'm not sure it is.

In my opinion, you shouldn't have to have prior knowledge of a game/series - or to have read 'news updates' from 6 months ago - for it to be apparent that "weapons" actually means "skins".

If the OP feels that aggrieved about it all then PayPal's chargeback process (as a 'product not as described') might be an available option - although I suspect the likelihood of success of such action is low as the actual "purchase" was for in-game currency - not a weapon/skin directly. 

A+   For taking the time defending OP, those that are new to the game or that kid wasting his allowance thinking he's getting a complete weapon set under weapons... Right away OP gets ridiculed with sarcastic comments.

• LOLGotYerTags
    EXILE157 said:
    A+   For taking the time defending OP, those that are new to the game or that kid wasting his allowance thinking he's getting a complete weapon set under weapons... Right away OP gets ridiculed with sarcastic comments.

I didn't see anybody ridiculing him.

It is true though that people should first check what they're buying before purchase.