This Week in Battlefield V

Video used by DICE to show that "cheaters" are in fact very good players shows problem with BF5.

ttth2
12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Disclaimer: BF5 is the only game I play online (used to be bf3 then 4). I love it and think DICE and EA take a lot of crap that is not always deserved. I have a good friend who worked on Firestorm for many months and have met some other guys from Criterion (EA UK) and I can assure you that everyone works really hard/ long hours.

However, I'm on a personal crusade (wild goose chase?) against simplified hit registration and simplified ballistics of sniping rifles. Sniping was difficult in BF3 and 4 and necessited pinpoint precision. it is the most forgiving system in BF5. I myself pull head shots that should NEVER connect on BF5 and I rather wish I did not.

To my main point: On that official EA page explaining how they deal with cheating on BF5, they link to that video of a very good player accused of cheating:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnOUtRUaVtI
The video is fairly old and I'm sure that the netcode has been improved since but look at 0:04 where the sniper shoots and look where the hit registers (play in 0.25 speed).
Is that a "network" thing where the enemy was indeed where the bullet tracer went. Or is that one of thoise wide-area hitbox that makes sniping so attractive to most players?

Sniping as the bane of the game came around the rease of  BF1 when they really pushed for everyone and their dog to start playing BF and a sizeable number of those new players used a controller (on console mostly). They had to simplify the sniping or it would be near impossible but in doing so created a very unfair mechanism. The simplification of sniping is baffling especially given how it jares with how tight close engagement is.

Recently, the game turned into:
Spawn, sniped, dead. Spawn, bombed to oblivion by invincible plane, dead. Spawn, sniped, dead.  Spawn, artillery strike number 1 followed by artillery strike number 2 etc... Running away from strike when sniped, dead.

Some brilliant gunplay in between though.

Comments

• ttth2
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    By the way mod, this is not a thread about cheating;)
  • impulsive_tango
    200 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The video is edited.
  • ttth2
    I am talking specifically about the first 5 seconds and where the shot hits compared to where it registers. If the hitboxes are that forgiving with sniping rifles, then I might as well stop playing!!
  • 5hadyBrady
    432 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The video that DICE use is not reflective of the community. That kid plays battlefield more than he does anything else. I'm not kidding. There's a handful of players who spend most of their life on the game. Again, not an exaggeration. Without naming names, there are players who I noticed had spent over 400 days in Battlefield 1, after it was out for 24 months. That's more than half of their life in Battlefield. Assuming they sleep and eat, and bathe themselves, that's most of their life in Battlefield. If DICE are going to use those people to showcase false positives, they are purposely trying to confuse people. They know the difference between the cheating epidemic, and the handful of skilled players who get wrongly accused. There's like a dozen of those players. The other 2 thousand are people using cheat software. Most of the people who are cheating are low ranked players, and it's obvious.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    13062 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    ttth2 said:
    By the way mod, this is not a thread about cheating;)
    I know :)

I watch him often on twitch and he gets hackused a LOT,  Same for a few other youtubers / streamers.

Many players have the mindset that they're good and nobody could possibly be better than them and if they lose multiple 1v1 engagements then that player must be cheating.
  • TFBisquit
    1634 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I don't think it's that mindset no. If all feels fair and square there can't be any issue. But when bullets don't register, people kill you with the magic bullet, then someone that's good at the game gets accused yes.
    How unfortunate that may be, it's a consequence of the game mechanics and performance in general. I wouldn't want to generalize about that by putting many players in a box.
    There are ofcourse always people that see evil in every corner.
    As for stodeh, a fine player with nice videos. He gets a thumbs up from me.

• ViolationofDerp
    112 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 9
    Notice how all the players get marked on the minimap and 3D spotted. On Twisted Steel he sees the icon of the medic and therefore takes an (un)educated guess where his head must be. As for the first shot he once again notices the enemy player is marked on the minimap and takes another guess of the player route, but this time there is obviously much more luck involved (he must have been astonished by his shot himself, because you can see how he immediately stops right after the kill). Honestly when you have 10k kills or more in this game, is it so unlikely to have some incredible luck shots as well?
    Edit: Misunderstood the message of your post, I'm sorry. Yes the hitbox and bullet mechanics are a mistery right now, often enough you can't shoot players in plain sight because their hitboxes are all over place or there is some magical invisible wall in your line of sight, then again you get killed right when you're able to see the enemy player with no chance of reacting at all. The network performance is absolute trash right now and even worse than alpha state release, constant high ping, constant high packet loss for me.
  • CSO7777
    1194 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    ttth2 said:
    I am talking specifically about the first 5 seconds and where the shot hits compared to where it registers. If the hitboxes are that forgiving with sniping rifles, then I might as well stop playing!!
    Stodeh is very very good at the game and has perfected headshot-aiming etc. Also what he shows is a "greatest hits" of "lucky" kills.

The game has a problem with "lag". I have noticed that the getting shot around corners not only happens to me, but pretty often i shoot people and the shots registers much later, on my screen the enemy has gone behind cover before the damage/kill registers on my screen.

Shooting "in the general direction" of enemies (to put them under pressure) often results in a lot of 'random' hits as well. It doesn't really always seem like the gun points at the where the bullets goes (even though they said this when launching BFV).
  • 9IronKiller
    87 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The killcam needs some love too, because due to the net code etc. players often believe they have been shot through 2 or more walls when it’s just bad camera work
  • Riflen
    26 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's my opinion that BFV has a lot of unacknowledged (publically at least) bugs concerning the player hitbox. Yes, some have been acknowledged (medic revive animation, tank gunner, vaulting) but headshot hits are just extremely inconsistent in BFV when you compare to previous Frostbite BF titles.
    During a slide or a jump it sometimes feels that your head hitbox becomes gigantic, stretched or deformed in some fashion because the frequency with which I'm hit in the head while performing these actions is too great to be explained by shooter skill.
  • ttth2
    I see.

In that case, shooting where one assumes to be the correct theoretical location leads to inaccuracy. I understand the need to lead your target at long range but at close quarter, that should not be the case.

I get it, there is lag, network packets resolution etc... but the game is difficult enough without having to guess where BF5 wants me to aim.

I moan but it is still the best fun online I have!!

My new campaign is against when you are prone above some sandbags and though your muzzle is clear, you shoot in the bags...;) I would give a lot for a more realistic physics simulation...
  • Matty101yttam
    962 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

There's so much going on, from bad object collision, lag due to patch and laggy hitmarkers, combined with slow bullets means everythings a roll of the DICE.
  • AK_Stealthy_A
    111 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

There's so much going on, from bad object collision, lag due to patch and laggy hitmarkers, combined with slow bullets means everythings a roll of the DICE.
    hey ya Matty101yttam I have played in many of servers with you.

but i have noticed since the last update the rego is absolutely shocking. but this could also be linked to the higher pings as well maybe.

• LaMafia88
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I am pretty sure the reason being that BFV is the first Battlefield to use "Aim Assist" and I believe it's even on for players that exclusively use Mouse + Keyboard as well. For better or worse lol, well better for me because I use Xbox One Controller for Windows which really helps me land shots lol.
  • research-kitchen
    354 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

LOL is it that bad?   Put 5 shots in the enemy standing still on the hill and not 1 registered, classic stuff  DICE.  
  • EXILE157
    215 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

This is what really goes on BFV compared to OP post.
  • EXILE157
    215 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    WoW, all that I wrote replying to Op didn't post... What now?... My comments are going through customs before it can be posted on the forum???
  • LOLGotYerTags
    13062 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    EXILE157 said:
    WoW, all that I wrote replying to Op didn't post... What now?... My comments are going through customs before it can be posted on the forum???
    If it's "pending" or waiting to be approved,  Hit a moderator up in PM and we'll get it back for you.
  • EXILE157
    ttth2 said:
    Disclaimer: BF5 is the only game I play online (used to be bf3 then 4). I love it and think DICE and EA take a lot of crap that is not always deserved. I have a good friend who worked on Firestorm for many months and have met some other guys from Criterion (EA UK) and I can assure you that everyone works really hard/ long hours.

However, I'm on a personal crusade (wild goose chase?) against simplified hit registration and simplified ballistics of sniping rifles. Sniping was difficult in BF3 and 4 and necessited pinpoint precision. it is the most forgiving system in BF5. I myself pull head shots that should NEVER connect on BF5 and I rather wish I did not.

To my main point: On that official EA page explaining how they deal with cheating on BF5, they link to that video of a very good player accused of cheating:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnOUtRUaVtI
    The video is fairly old and I'm sure that the netcode has been improved since but look at 0:04 where the sniper shoots and look where the hit registers (play in 0.25 speed).
    Is that a "network" thing where the enemy was indeed where the bullet tracer went. Or is that one of thoise wide-area hitbox that makes sniping so attractive to most players?

Sniping as the bane of the game came around the rease of  BF1 when they really pushed for everyone and their dog to start playing BF and a sizeable number of those new players used a controller (on console mostly). They had to simplify the sniping or it would be near impossible but in doing so created a very unfair mechanism. The simplification of sniping is baffling especially given how it jares with how tight close engagement is.

Recently, the game turned into:
    Spawn, sniped, dead. Spawn, bombed to oblivion by invincible plane, dead. Spawn, sniped, dead.  Spawn, artillery strike number 1 followed by artillery strike number 2 etc... Running away from strike when sniped, dead.

Some brilliant gunplay in between though.

EA/DICE should take a lot of crap for what they sold us and I think it's very well deserved. I have many friends and family that are BF Veterans and purchased BFV, most of them hardly play the game due to the crap this incomplete game brings along.

Now this specific player you're showing here playing the game is edited to look like if he's a "pro skilled" player with every shot is a kill throughout the whole game, but there are multiple different sessions of gameplays of the same map for example : Twisted Metal Map it's put together making it look as if he did all that in one run, if you see the actual videos they are all short clips. On the whole actual video, you can see lots of shots missing and a few shots hitting the same target multiple times to get that kill. 

Are we supposed to believe because you go on posting an edited video used by EA/DICE trying to deceive legit players to think that most (cheaters/hackers are just legit players)...

I see many players in general that are legit and very good and you also have many that are very suspicious or obvious cheat/hack going on with extreme K/D under "new account"...

On top of that, we're dealing with other obstacles :
    -Blindly joining servers straight into losing games or very unbalanced.
    -The Netcode hasn't improved.
    - Hit Registry is still a 30/70 Gamble, not in your favor.
    -All types of Glitches still exist.
    -Adding Console Controller with ((Aim Assist)) is a very unfair mechanism to PC players using raw keyboard and mouse.

Agree with how BFV game turned into...A mess.

If only EA/DICE would release BF4 to the AIX Dev, I bet everyone would run back to BF4 and forget the BFV trend.

• TFBisquit
    1634 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    There’s no video in the world Dice can use, unless if it’s filmed over the shoulder from the player.
This discussion has been closed.