Weekly BF

Should tickets bleed faster when holding majority.?

mike2289
32 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited September 16
Playing a round of conquest mid game we were losing 150 -400 give or take, we took over 5 out of 6 flags for a good 80% of the rest of the match (15min) yet we still lost 0-80.
I just feel you should be able to turn things around holding that many flags for that long. Looking at the flag ticket bleed i was like, thats it.
Just curious in previous games was it the same ticket bleed? I cant remember.
Post edited by mike2289 on

Comments

• mike2289
    32 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    trip1ex wrote: »
    you'd think you would be able to turn that.  but they made conquest worse starting in BF1.   Especially when they went back on part of their initial change to Conquest.  They were going to make it so kills don't take off tickets.  But they caved on that due to fear of change from the internets.  

If kills didn't take off tickets, you'd have a more strategic game.  less about pure farming.   then their change would have worked out better. 

/tangent

anyway the whole flag bleed thing in bfv seems too subtle and not as clear as to what is happening as past bf games.

I noticed this a few times but playing this match i really noticed. Its relying to much on kills than objectives. Like at the end i was like all that work that entire time holding all those flags for what.

• Halcyon_Creed_N7
    1329 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I know losing teams cap flags much faster, so even if you're winning and holding the majority seemingly most of the game, because you can lose flags so quickly and it takes longer to take back control in the end score can mostly come down to just kills due to the fact that for a good portion of the match flags are just neutral or switching sides, that they're not helping either team.
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    3397 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I know losing teams cap flags much faster, so even if you're winning and holding the majority seemingly most of the game, because you can lose flags so quickly and it takes longer to take back control in the end score can mostly come down to just kills due to the fact that for a good portion of the match flags are just neutral or switching sides, that they're not helping either team.
    I thought the catch-up mechanic was removed a long time ago? I was fairly sure that DICE responded to complaints about it early on.
  • DukeSan27
    1163 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I thought the catch-up mechanic was removed a long time ago? I was fairly sure that DICE responded to complaints about it early on.
    It’s alive and kicking. As fun as grinding your teeth.
  • Zviko0
    1631 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yes they should.
  • ProAssassin2003
    3367 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Bad Players dying over and over lost the match for you. Guarantee if you saved the game look at scoreboard and you will find your answer.
  • VincentNZ
    2972 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

It is still there. They turned it down though, and we have no idea what it actually does besides increasing capture rates. You will mostly not notice it and it is more a way of tweaking the end score a bit than a means to turn the round.
    On the topic itself: Difficult to answer, as a large portion of the ticket bleed comes from player deaths. So kills have a large effect and that effect is enhanced with the high playercount. Also players would like tendencially longer matches. Maps also have a large impact, as does flag count. Large maps with many flags will have less bleed than 3-5 flag maps.
    I exclusively played 32 player conquest in BF4 and that was quite ideal for turning rounds, while kills still counted. In BF1 kills at first did not count, then they changed it to allow for more comebacks, but it had no effect since you could not outkill the bleed and the conquest system was broken in the first place.
    You could take the kills out of the equation, then the game would be solely about flag possession. Then there was no benefit of reviving though. Faster bleed in turn would speed up the rounds, and the time for comebacks to happen.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    13100 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Bad Players dying over and over lost the match for you. Guarantee if you saved the game look at scoreboard and you will find your answer.
    But on the flipside,  If his team has very few medics that are actually reviving,  Then that could also contribute to the loss.

Sure,  you can't out-revive the ticket bleed,  But more medics reviving whilst his team was eventually holding majority of the flags would have resulted in a win.

What's the betting that when his team were being steamrolled,  That most of the players switched from whatever class they were using all round to the scout class?
  • DigitalHype
    775 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It wasn’t removed. It was reduced.
  • SirSpectacle
    796 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    It wasn’t removed. It was reduced.

Now it only triggers when one team is clearly losing, unlike at release when it triggered when one team was slightly behind, giving that team a huge advantage that often handed them the win.
  • CHAMMOND1992
    1135 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Capturing flags is still the most effective way of winning conquest by a large margin. You certainly did not hold the majority of the flags for 80% of the match at, "mid-game", that just didn't happen. Regardless of when this turn around occurred, you were getting steam rolled for a period of time, then recovered to an extent in which the time remaining was the only barrier to a win. It happens, and it will continue to happen regardless of any changes to conquest mechanics.

Of course, some will blame this prevention of a comeback on DICE caving in to, "unreasonable" internet demands on kill vs flag ticket mechanics, but 5 (may be 10?) seconds of rational thought would determine that the catch up mechanic had a hand in your team turning the game around, which really invalidates any conclusion of ticket mechanics being the culprit in this scenario.

• DukeSan27
    1163 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    VincentNZ said:

It is still there. They turned it down though, and we have no idea what it actually does besides increasing capture rates. You will mostly not notice it and it is more a way of tweaking the end score a bit than a means to turn the round.
    On the topic itself: Difficult to answer, as a large portion of the ticket bleed comes from player deaths. So kills have a large effect and that effect is enhanced with the high playercount. Also players would like tendencially longer matches. Maps also have a large impact, as does flag count. Large maps with many flags will have less bleed than 3-5 flag maps.
    I exclusively played 32 player conquest in BF4 and that was quite ideal for turning rounds, while kills still counted. In BF1 kills at first did not count, then they changed it to allow for more comebacks, but it had no effect since you could not outkill the bleed and the conquest system was broken in the first place.
    You could take the kills out of the equation, then the game would be solely about flag possession. Then there was no benefit of reviving though. Faster bleed in turn would speed up the rounds, and the time for comebacks to happen.
    Not really turned down or bugged. If you are winning at 350-250, then mostly it will result in loss or near loss by the time game ends.
  • mike2289
    (Quote)
    But on the flipside,  If his team has very few medics that are actually reviving,  Then that could also contribute to the loss.

Sure,  you can't out-revive the ticket bleed,  But more medics reviving whilst his team was eventually holding majority of the flags would have resulted in a win.

What's the betting that when his team were being steamrolled,  That most of the players switched from whatever class they were using all round to the scout class?

Ya that could be a possibility, maybe even with more flags captured, getting killed and not killing more and not enough revives was the reason for the loss. Wasnt enough to catch up.
    I expected more of an impact i guess with more flags captured for that long. But good points thanks. 👍
  • full951
    2465 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Back in my day, if the losing team took majority and held it, they could come back from even the biggest of deficits. But that's not how it is anymore.
  • Turban_Legend80
    4605 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Yes.

The conquest ticket system took a dive in BF1 and hasn’t recovered.

Bf3/BF4 conquest ticket system worked best. Stomps ended rounds quickly. Close games could last for an hour. No artificial rubbish to make you think it’s a close game.

You can’t please everybody, but that way pleased most people IMHO.

And it’s the respawning in that should always cost your team a ticket, not when you die.