Weekly BF

Most annoying thing in Battlefield.

ProAssassin2003
3438 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Biggest Quality of Life change that needs to happen yet so small has to do with being a Squad Leader. This is so annoying.

You select to defend a Objective and when it turns Red you have to reselect the same Flag. Makes me not want to play Squad Leader ever.

For the love of God keep it selected until I select something else.

Comments

• Trokey66
    8522 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Holy jeezuz Mother of God's!

You're really scrapping the barrel of pet peeves!
  • ProAssassin2003
    3438 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Zviko0 wrote: »
    Because when it turns red it's not yours to defend anymore. Which means your squad failed your order to defend it and order is obviously gone.

It's pointless when I have to select it again. I'm not going to go oh well it's turning red let's go somewhere else. Lol
  • Tullzter
    1103 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Zviko0 wrote: »
    Because when it turns red it's not yours to defend anymore. Which means your squad failed your order to defend it and order is obviously gone.

It's pointless when I have to select it again. I'm not going to go oh well it's turning red let's go somewhere else. Lol
    But you lost it....so it makes sense for you to select it again because your "select" order is then changed from "Defend" to "Attack"...since you can't defend a flag that isn't yours
  • Sjangsung
    80 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Its annoying when squad members walking at different flags and do totally nothing with orders.
  • VOLBANKER
    1034 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Biggest Quality of Life change that needs to happen yet so small has to do with being a Squad Leader. This is so annoying.

You select to defend a Objective and when it turns Red you have to reselect the same Flag. Makes me not want to play Squad Leader ever.

For the love of God keep it selected until I select something else.
    It's something I notice too every time I'm squad leader. It is annoying. But I guess the alternative is to have an order automatically issued to attack the flag. That is kind of strange also, isn't it? That you give an order automatically as squad leader, I mean.
  • CHAMMOND1992
    1186 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 16
    Whether you defend or attack you need to occupy or be near the objective area regardless. So optimally, if you fail the defend order, the next course of action should be to attack it to take it back. The order system needs to be  smarter in that regard.
  • skypIaya
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I would like as a squad member to be able to request to the squad leader an artillery strike or one of the special tanks when we need it. 
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    1900 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I rather be squad leader then have one of those that clicks no flags.  Yesterday was horrible for squads and entire teams.  A bunch aimless playing so casual to the point it made me sick.  I even changed squads a few times.  Also seemed like a ton of recon.  So I ended up switching away from recon to medic or assault.  But when other recon aren't popping flares or placing spawn beacons they felt like a waste of space to me.  I was having a blast with the breda though.

It felt weird playing assault class.  I felt out of my element.

• DALLAS-ak-PEIPER
    457 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    NO RUSH MODE
  • von_Campenstein
    6571 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The scope inflation.
  • ragnarok013
    3322 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Zviko0 said:
    That doesn't mean that the Squad leader doesn't want to attack it again to retake it especially if it was important enough to mark in the first place. If you designate an objective it should stay designated until you designate something else IMO.
  • Zviko0
    1667 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Zviko0 said:
    That doesn't mean that the Squad leader doesn't want to attack it again to retake it especially if it was important enough to mark in the first place. If you designate an objective it should stay designated until you designate something else IMO.
    It also doesn't mean that the squad leader does want to attack it. Especially if it's the furthest one from their base (which makes it risky to attack anyway because they definitely have the number on you) or if the team still has the majority, it's better to defend the rest anyway. As a squad member I might see that before my leader does and since there aren't any orders given at that moment, I might do the right thing and not die - save the team some tickets.

I get what you mean though. 
  • NN_Buzz12
    133 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Lol, seriously? I can’t even post about my number one pet peeve. Enjoy!
  • trip1ex
    4877 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 16
    this was annoying in BF1 too.   Especially when it resulted in you losing the SL position to some random clueless joe spamming request orders all the time.  

squad orders are worthless.  Where to position yourself in BF is easy to figure out.  PUt yourself between your flags and the enemy flags and spread out.  Contain the enemy.  Slowly push forward.  And stick by your SL.  IN BF1 at least the SL was the green star icon on the map.