Ok, I think medics finally have to be nerfed

Squad_Cohesion
910 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited September 2019
- they heal themselves endlessly, instantly

- class that gets SMG's, they can ADAD-spam all day long and hipfirespray accurately

- the buffs to the most easymode handful of SMG guns were too much. Now this IS is in a game with already very easy gunmechanics. For example I never, ever had to  need to use the hold breathe function, as sway is pretty much non-existent. Recoil is too controllable in this game in general for SMG's.

- ranges where most firefights take place at are dominated by SMG ranges. SMG's that are even well controllable on medium to long ranges if it were not for their damage drop-off, we'd see alot more of countersniping medics.

This is THE class now that breathes CoD gameplay with a bonus of  healing instantly.

I cant remember the medic class was that strong in a BF game, although perhaps its on par with BF3 (because they got the easymode-M16A3 laserrifle in that game, that gun alone tips it into favor of this choice).

Comments

• SteveZee
    359 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The medic class in this game is a joke. They have always needed a nerf. Instantly getting everyone up over and over again is just pure stupidity. They should simply have limited revives, and/or just revives for their own squad mates. Beyond that it should force them to spawn on the medic and not to just get revived over and over. Far too much medic stacking results in 16 player game modes where you have 4 medics on the other team who  use easy mode smgs. 
  • Squad_Cohesion
    910 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    MrCamp121 said:
    Lol. Dont even know where to start. Laughable at best
    Solid arguments.
  • MrCamp121
    1122 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    Solid arguments.

Stick to your assault noob class. It clearly isnt good enough. *rolls eyes*
  • ChickenTheTank
    834 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Medics are only overpowering if they're present in large numbers. The easiest counter is any vehicle with a covered MG seat (including most transports front gunner seat).
  • BeastofBourbon84
    728 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2019
  • VVaxDaddy
    135 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    SMG's that are even well controllable on medium to long ranges if it were not for their damage drop-off, we'd see alot more of countersniping medics.

Ok but the damage drop off does exist so why are we complaining about it? No sense in giving horrific recoil to guns that take 8 bullets to kill at range. I mean you're shooting pistol rounds at middling rpms, it should be controllable.

Sorry you're actually being killed by SMGs for once but you're probably being outplayed. SMG handling is maybe easier now than other guns but you have to get headshots to keep your ttk competitive at range. Seems fair.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    2636 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Well medic is a bit rare in most matches i've played.
  • SirBobdk
    5318 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    GRAW2ROBZ said:
    Well medic is a bit rare in most matches i've played.
    Agree. If the class was op most would be playing medic and this is not the case in CQ. Devastation is the only map where I see more playing medic.
    I could imagen them being op in small game types with close combat, but I dont play those, so I wouldn't know.

• A_al_K_pacino_A
    1095 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Someone dies to a weapon and it's op. Name a rubbish weapon?
  • M_Rat13
    1505 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Search up 'medic train bf1'. This game pales in comparison.
  • SunnyTheWerewolf
    394 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It largely depends on the game mode. In normal conquest assaults still rule over others, but in squad conquest medics can be borderline op.

Still, supports with shotguns and assaults with the 1907 or the SG 1-5 can compete toe-to-toe with medics at close range.
  • warslag
    1606 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited September 2019
    The thing with Battlefield is that personal scores may reflect an individual's prowess on the battlefield but that Battlefield is really a team game, and is always at it's best when teams are working to their collective potential. So obviously there is an underlying conflict between personal and collective goals.

But when it comes to the medic class, the team needs its medics to be contributing an enormous amount in keeping ticket loss at bay through keeping players from dying. It's essential in Battlefield to keep your team alive to save tickets and to have players to contest flags. That's why medic should be a strong class which in the hands of a proficient player will make for some pretty amazing personal scores as well.

You have to also take into account that each player has different potential. Which means that the contribution to your team of each medic differs. So the medic has to have enough potential to contribute the bare minimum required in the hands of the average player. A good player using the medic class can get good scores because they are able to reach the potential of the class.

But in BF:V I think the medic is probably a poor version of what it's been in previous Battlefields.
  • NightSkyn3t
    120 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Is that so hard to try to improve instead of asking DICE to nerf something I see a lot of battlefield V players are really bad at the game they have no situationnal awareness no map knowledge and cry about getting wrecked and ask for unnecessary nerfs you just met good medic players who rush a lot because SMG don't give that much option at range 
  • Raspu71nG
    136 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    whats the penalty for medics? none.
    infinite quick autohealing, good weapons, ammo on the floor.

• warslag
    1606 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Raspu71nG said:
    whats the penalty for medics? none.
    infinite quick autohealing, good weapons, ammo on the floor.

But it's not a competition between classes it's a battle between two teams, and the medic needs strong attributes to fill a critical role in keeping the team in the battle.
  • SunnyTheWerewolf
    394 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    warslag wrote: »
    (Quote)
    But it's not a competition between classes it's a battle between two teams, and the medic needs strong attributes to fill a critical role in keeping the team in the battle.

True, if medic lost all gunfights by default in a FPS game - the population size choosing the class would be quite small.

And that is one of the problems with the class at the moment, since it's quite 1-dimensional running with an smg and smoke grenades/rifle in order to be most helpful to one's team.