Weekly BF

BF1 is almost 3 years old and is still thousands of times better than BFV

someguy12121
467 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
Its because DICE actually cared about the game they produced and when it had issues they actually addressed the issues and started putting out patches every other week until it got fixed. The game looks better, plays better, feels better, etc then the train wreck that continues to be BFV

Comments

• Ronin9572
    926 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I believe they put alot more effort into BF1 because it was a FPS genre that had rarely been done before. They thought that by making BFV a WW2 theme that they'd have the support of older BF fans, but their version of WW2 was not what players wanted. On top of thinking they'd attract all the BR fans at the same time. Can't please everyone all at the same time. Completely redoing BF every title all the while working on Battlefront at the same time has taken a toll on quality and it clearly shows! EA's live service is a complete joke, you think they'd learned a lesson from Battlefront 2, but it's clearly evident they didn't. Least SWBF2 had Disney pushing EA to do more. PR disasters, bad media/marketing, giving us less gear, maps and modes isn't a recipe for a good game. After SWBF2 and now BFV I doubt I'll ever buy another EA game!
  • boutneus
    2474 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    What surprises me most is that so many sheep’s still fell for it. 1 look at the beta was enough for me to decide not to buy it. Same thing with hardline. Skipped bf4 also cause of the broken launch
  • Emporer2
    294 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    My first battlefield game was BF3 and I enjoyed that, even though I wasn't very good. I waited until BF4 was only $20 and all the DLC was free (just before the release of BF1) before I bought it. But after playing the beta for BF1, I was hooked. It has become my favorite battlefield game, and the only online FPS that I have invested the most time with (207 hours, small compared to most other players). I love the feel of BF1, the planes, the simpler weapons (no lock on with stingers and javelins), the maps, the sounds, and just the over all experience of the game. I even enjoyed Hardline (the change of pace and setting was refreshing).

I love the WW2 era of games; I have several of the older CoD games that were based on that time period (when COD was at its prime), but after seeing the reviews and reading comments from other players, I have refrained from buying BFV. I had hopes that BFV would be a great WW2 game since we hadn't had one in awhile but it seems my hopes were misplaced. Oh well, back to BF1.
  • TheGM86
    783 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    boutneus said:
    1 look at the beta was enough for me to decide not to buy it.
    Them tanks beeping must have really got to you.