Weekly Debrief

Let us control the servers

F1re77
16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
Well we all know you guys have given up on banning  and auto ban, hackers that use exploits. Why cant we control our own servers just like back in the good ol days? I miss being able to kick a hacker or it having auto kick by anti cheats. I ran a bf2 server for a few years and everybody knew it was going to be hack free, we just dont feel like that anymore. I've seen hackers play more than just one round and not being caught, with scores like 70-1.  Why cant we control the servers to deal with this? 

Comments

• NN_Buzz12
    141 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You are 100% correct.
  • 287martin
    196 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    EA can't afford such luxuries for gamers anymore or simply can't be bothered to cater for pc gamers. Games like Rising Storm 2 Vietnam, Postscriptium and Hell let Loose.. have no or very little official servers they are mostly rental servers run by clans. These games aren't available on console, pc only so thats probably the main reason. Battlefield is on consoles and is set up to be console friendly.
  • xX-ALeIaQ-Xx
    322 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Agree , with you. @F1re77 ;

PLEASE you have to Back into the old server management .
    In my mind i think that you can easly deal with any third-party (serious) server provider in the globe and start to sell Servers as Service and add more feature as service.
    +Service +Money

For example a great feature can be a Map Editor as Service that users can run in private server or public , feature that you can sell as well.Community can will increase and consolidate with unique maps, will be awesome to play on a map created by someone , think no more absurde map to develop , only a few sometimes , of course we need a battleog 3.0 to share and comunicate where a community can increase seriously.

But i have thousand ideas as any battlefield lovers here or on reddit or ... you do a survey where you can collect all this and more.

Advantages to have server managed by the owner (the sweet dear BAD Admin should to back) :smile: 
    are multiples : hackers population will get troubles by this , and dont talk to me that the fair , PRO, user got shame.

Is the best , the major rewards when you got a kick from a server for cheating when not , is true?
    The ban ofc is the supreme.

Hackers problem go away from DICE/EA and becomes a admin problem .... what is wrong with this?

The absurde that i know servers with battlefield :) who remember battlerecord?

come back on your steps
  • g0merpile
    681 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 13
    F1re77 said:
    Well we all know you guys have given up on banning  and auto ban, hackers that use exploits. Why cant we control our own servers just like back in the good ol days? I miss being able to kick a hacker or it having auto kick by anti cheats. I ran a bf2 server for a few years and everybody knew it was going to be hack free, we just dont feel like that anymore. I've seen hackers play more than just one round and not being caught, with scores like 70-1.  Why cant we control the servers to deal with this? 

I do agree to have private servers however, if the reason is to chop hackers from playing, well, humm, bf4 clans died because of that. This takes lots of money to run.
  • ragnarok013
    3346 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    edited September 15
    RSP which is called "Private Games" is releasing in the autumn.
    Post edited by ragnarok013 on
  • MagentaDepart
    4 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Full of cheaters in Asia server
    Please release Rsp
  • FierceBrosnan007
    1016 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Id like to see an option of RSP with EAC available as an add-on to the server, payable by the renter. It would weed out some of the more obvious cheaters and take some of the workload off clan leaders. = more time to play and have clean fun.
  • Mojey09
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    guys here is the explanation for cheating in BFv, cheating = more money for DICE
    i wouldn't bother to talk anymore about the frustration about cheating in-game as its been more than 1 year since release and nothing seriously been done.
    btw check COD modern warfare as its the new BFV that is a kick to DICE for not listening to community 
  • LOLGotYerTags
    13302 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    @MagentaDepart ; @FierceBrosnan007 ; @Mojey09
    Let's not turn this into a cheat discussion as you should know what happens as a result..  

• EXILE157
    233 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    F1re77 said:
    That's nothing, I've seen a few players go 120 kills and 0 deaths on BFV... Nothing will change.

After BF4 they washed their bloody hands and were born again "clean" taking away the Anti-Cheats, Independent Servers, BF Forum Gaming Communities, Official Game Stats... Their  #1 priority is the Console Players - (( That's where the $$$$ is at ))

Now they have full control of your gaming experience, so it's either deal with the issues or "_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _"
  • Mojey09
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    EXILE157 said:
    F1re77 said:
    That's nothing, I've seen a few players go 120 kills and 0 deaths on BFV... Nothing will change.

After BF4 they washed their bloody hands and were born again "clean" taking away the Anti-Cheats, Independent Servers, BF Forum Gaming Communities, Official Game Stats... Their  #1 priority is the Console Players - (( That's where the $$$$ is at ))

Now they have full control of your gaming experience, so it's either deal with the issues or "_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _"
    leave the franchise is the best solution if the loyal players when we ask for decent features that been ignored. 
  • XChodeOfDestinyX
    80 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    BF4 had it's issues but the server rental and tools we had helped a lot. I had so much fun playing in a moderated server who had good admins. Procon and bf4db helped keep the game legit for the most part. Now we get nothing except locked threads when the word cheater is mentioned.  Their silence on the issue speaks volumes 
  • 287martin
    196 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I don't understand why we lost all the features bf4 had. Battlelog was good, the server browser was good, the rsp was good. Ditching all of that killed off most of the clans that played on battlefield that's decreased the number of people buying battlefield games. Real bad decision whoever it was. I don't think I ever saw a suspicious player in bf4 probably because server admins did a good job keeping their server clean and fair.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    13302 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    287martin said:
    I don't understand why we lost all the features bf4 had. Battlelog was good, the server browser was good, the rsp was good. Ditching all of that killed off most of the clans that played on battlefield that's decreased the number of people buying battlefield games. Real bad decision whoever it was. I don't think I ever saw a suspicious player in bf4 probably because server admins did a good job keeping their server clean and fair.
    Battlelog wasnt the best idea in reality,  one reason is because of certain procon plugins which displayed higher player counts than were actually connected to the server.

In fact some servers I joined quite recently showed a full server and when I entered the server there was just me connected.

You would actually need to install better battlelog and THEN install a script which showed the true player counts.

Bf1 didnt have battlelog yet platoons functioned just the same as they did in bf4.

• Matty101yttam
    1054 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I wasn't a fan of battlelog, although i do believe EA should integrate a standalone server browser into origin with similar functionality, battlelog relying on external software/web browsers seems like a bad way of doing it.
    By having a standalone browser in origin it means that they can use it for multiple games(never understood why they design a new browser each game) and also means development and improvement can be an ongoing process rather than devs constantly forgetting that people like numbers rather than bars to represent lag for example.
  • 287martin
    Platoons ? Most of the clans who had servers in bf4 and previous battlefield games haven't bothered with BF1 or BFV because of the lack of proper rsp. These clans started with some of the 1st battlefield games and up until BF1 exclusively played only battlefield. Most have moved onto other games that provide better rental servers.
  • S1n31ra
    131 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    RSP is coming soon ™
  • C0baIt
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I cant believe that Dice and or EA would continue to ignore or care about the gaming experience that exists today. I just have to wonder, what or how do they measure success when the gaming community has been screaming since BF1 release about quite a few issues. Does anyone read the feedback that comes through these forums. Would it not stand to reason that when everyone is complaining about the same thing, something should be done about it. I'm to the point now where if the BF franchise folded, I wouldn't even be disappointed.  BF2, 3, and 4 where good games and had servers that meant something. This chicken **** idea they have now about servers is beyond stupid for a gaming community.  Who sits around thinkin this **** up. Thats all they got to do is sit around and think this **** up, and this is the best they could come up with.

The PC community along with hardware mfg's should be screaming loud and clear about these clowns. What I payed for my video card , you could by 2 crappy consoles that aint worth a ****. PC gaming is where it all started and have been pushed out in the cold because little Johnny's mom cant afford a decent machine. So little Johnny gets stuck with a crappy console of which he doesnt know it's crappy cause he's never played on a real machine before. So he's ignorantly happy and his little life goes on cause mom is cheap.  

Shame on you decision maker at the BF franchise. Shame on you indeed. It's easy to hide behind your anonymity when you make these stupid decisions. You think it doesn't affect people but it does. It's frustrating, but I've slowly come to realize you have no intention of listening, caring , or changing your way of  thinking about the PC side of things. Ironic as it is, thats where  you started in the first place. And the PC gamers gave you that start and now all you do is **** on them by not listening to anything that they have to say, ever. 
  • NN_Buzz12
    141 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    EA is less about entertainment and more about counting beans. Money or loyalty? They took the money and broke up the community.