Was I ever wrong!

Comments

• trip1ex
    5286 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    the red flag for me with CoD was they said they were going for more "realism."  

That to me is a big reason why BFV is less fun that past BF games.  
  • ackers75
    2652 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Huge gulf of talent between the dev teams that’s very apparent
  • gailjon
    78 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The two new maps are absolutely rubbish. It is ridiculous that professional game designers think that this is what BFV needs.
  • Tr34
    260 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The worst Battlefield is better than the best CoD for sure.
    BF:V is the worst Battlefield so far and it's because it doesn't have the classic Battlefield mechanics which old BF players liked. And most people just want modern time warfare, they are bored of old weapons.
    We were playing as a friend group for long time and about 80% of the ppl quit within just two weeks. It's almost the same for other groups that I know.

The main problems with BF:V are;
    -Very fast TTK times, almost no retaliation time (this is the main reason why many people quit)
    -Lack of spotting mechanism
    -The lack of community servers that allow alternative fun, RCON, banlists, autobalancers etc.
    -The lack of autobalance itself
    -The lack of proper weapon customization like BF3 or BF4
    -No instant reviving which is causing medic class to be almost useless
    -Even ultra graphics look blurry because of the lack of proper antialising method, some maps have outdated graphics (like twisted steel, just look at trees etc.)
    -Old weapons and no fun gadgets like BF3/BF4 because of the WW2 theme

The list goes on... They changed the core gameplay and server mentality of Battlefield series and people didn't adopt it and moved to other games.
    At least they fixed weird weapon mechanics from Battlefield 1. (like hotspot for sniper rifles and spraying accuracy mechanic for lmgs)

If they make a modern-era Bad Company 3 with Bad Company 2 mechanics and the old server rental system, then they can see how many oldschool  BF players will return.
    Even with these problems, BF multiplayer is still better than CoD. But the main opponents of BF series isn't CoD anymore, they are battle royale games(Fortnite/PUBG) because of their Twitch popularity.
    Young people nowadays just play games according to their Twitch popularity, that's all. And instead of appealing to the oldschool BF players, they brought Firestorm mode.

• GRAW2ROBZ
    2641 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ackers75 said:
    50 vs 50 was being tested a few month ago and Activision have never stated it’s a definite game mode!
    It be funny if the 50vs50 is scrapped.  Besides all the beta testers here preordered it.  Then the 50vs50 later on just turns into 100 battle royale.  hahahahahahah
  • StormSaxon
    696 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Went back to BF4, it’s a complete **** show.

Custom servers- suck.
    TTD is ridiculous from vehicles- BFV tanks and bombers are nothing compared to the Bf4 invinci-choppers.
    Gunplay- very poor.
    Weapon Customization- needless convoluted. (Here are 5 grips which all do the same thing)
    Spotting Spam- lol. Forgot how easy it is just to spam spot and see people i hadn’t actually seen.
    Sniper Spam- recon everywhere. But also engineers with SKS and other DMRs camp hard.
    Map Design- so many bad maps. Forgot how bad Operation Locker and Floodzone are. Strangely though it seems out of some 20+ maps the PS4 community left playing Bf4 like to play Haian and Shanghai over and over and over again. Already sick of these two... also terrible designs that make Fjell a joy to play on and Argonnes seem like a well thought out master map.

Though I have remembered how nice it is to actually be able to see my enemies. They can be distinguished from the walls and rubble they hide behind. Which is nice.
  • CStarfish9
    105 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Custom servers- suck.
    TTD is ridiculous from vehicles- BFV tanks and bombers are nothing compared to the Bf4 invinci-choppers.
    Gunplay- very poor.
    Weapon Customization- needless convoluted. (Here are 5 grips which all do the same thing)
    Spotting Spam- lol. Forgot how easy it is just to spam spot and see people i hadn’t actually seen.
    Sniper Spam- recon everywhere. But also engineers with SKS and other DMRs camp hard.
    Map Design- so many bad maps. Forgot how bad Operation Locker and Floodzone are. Strangely though it seems out of some 20+ maps the PS4 community left playing Bf4 like to play Haian and Shanghai over and over and over again. Already sick of these two... also terrible designs that make Fjell a joy to play on and Argonnes seem like a well thought out master map.

Though I have remembered how nice it is to actually be able to see my enemies. They can be distinguished from the walls and rubble they hide behind. Which is nice.
    bf 4 choppers was cancer
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    2641 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2019
    That dude is funny.  Still looks like the same old COD on a new engine.  Just a fast reflex twitch shooter.  Also tons of claymores.  Fast deaths.  Tons of camping.

• ackers75
    2652 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    GRAW2ROBZ wrote: »
    dude is funny.  Still looks like the same old COD on a new engine.  Just a fast reflex twitch shooter.  Also tons of claymores.  Fast deaths.  Tons of camping.

Sounds like battlefield v then!
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    ackers75 said:
    GRAW2ROBZ wrote: »
    image dude is funny.  Still looks like the same old COD on a new engine.  Just a fast reflex twitch shooter.  Also tons of claymores.  Fast deaths.  Tons of camping.

Sounds like battlefield v then!
    I'll take BF5 any day.  I barely played Black ops 4 barely a month.  I bought COD 4 remastered double pack with Infinite warfare.  But COD4 was fun a little here and there but mainly goofed around on prop hunt.  Since there was no prop hunt for COD4 on XBOX 360.  COD always seems the same no matter what era it was for other then reskinned characters.  Yeah new engine for COD MW.  But we never even seen 50vs50 in action.
    I think its just gonna be a twitch shooter like usual.  Also people keep saying balance for teams.  I doubt it.  Balance as in maybe a toss up which prestige players you get to equal it out.  Or the points added up for each player then switching sides.  But if friends get forced to opposite teams they'd leave.  Or even with friends and stomp other team.   Most likely you will get a big clan eventually to go against.
    Also this is the first time COD going over this many players from older versions of COD modes.  20vs20 will need to be tweak many times before they get it right.  Also who knows how well 50vs50 pans out.  To many what if's for the first time how its gonna work and play.  Also i'm sure it will be all quick matches.
  • CHAMMOND1992
    1411 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    GRAW2ROBZ said:
    That dude is funny.  Still looks like the same old COD on a new engine.  Just a fast reflex twitch shooter.  Also tons of claymores.  Fast deaths.  Tons of camping.

I haven't played COD since Black OPS 2. Once I got my hands on the MW beta, I was confused on what made this game, "different" from any other COD. If you played COD with simple , "boots on the ground" mechanics, nothing has really changed. When they first announced MW I thought COD was going to kill the BFV, it still might. But the series? Please. The cognitive dissonance on comparing COD and BF is on levels which shouldn't be possible. 
  • BtheReaper49
    426 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It's really not an argument as to whether BF is better than COD or vice versa. People play them for their own reasons and some play both. The difference is, this year BF5 is an absolute steaming mess and people are just looking for a game that actually works technical wise and keeps them entertained. COD will probably do that and BF5 hasn't and probably won't.
  • TFBisquit
    2284 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They're gonna have 20vs20 right, straight from the start. Same with other claims they made.
    We can find what we want about cod, love it or hate it, but they always came through with their claims.
    And lets be honest, 8vs8 as main mode just isn't enough anymore, they are bound to increase player numbers and maps.
    And just as any other online game, cod will do just fine on that department. It's not like only Dice with frostbyte can do big maps and 64 players.
    Besides, game engines come and go, they constantly change for new games and new features.
    As for the ww2 opinions, if Dice had done it right, it would be loved all the same.

• BFB-LeCharybdis
    857 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I thought MW was fun, not a patch on Battlefield though. 

The only thing that even puts it somewhat level with BFV is that it has better hit reg and TTK/TTD sync. Not perfect by any means you see in the kill cam a few times where the other guy was wailing away on you missing shot after shot yet from your perspective everything just hits at once.
    I can't imagine the horror of seeing just how bad BFV would look with this feature.

Next weekend is the big maps for all platforms so it will be interesting to see how it holds up.

Personally though I know I'll be sticking with V and continuing to put controllers through my walls, sigh  :(
  • I-Soldat-I
    1644 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Its too early to level criticism on  the new COD as what come out this weekend isn't the finished product.
  • ragnarok013
    3942 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator

Custom servers- suck.
    Gunplay- very poor.

bf 4 choppers was cancer
    I see your BF4 choppers and raise you BC2 choppers or BF2 jets.
  • ragnarok013
    3942 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    GRAW2ROBZ said:

GRAW2ROBZ I noticed that, so the guys complaining about the fast TTK or camping epidemic in BF5 won't find the new COD any better in that regard.
  • StingX71
    828 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I am enjoying it as well.

Maybe it's just because I'm bored with BF5, and MW is a change.

The TTD is faster than BF5 though.
    Same, enjoyed the MW Beta.  Game has some issues, but at its core is very solid.  Not to mention how smooth it plays compared to BFV.  A bit apples to oranges, but I've always enjoyed both BF and CoD. 

A lot of try-hard campers  in the Beta at the moment, hard to get a fair impression of the game. 

Not to mention how responsive CoD Dev's have been compared to DICE. Overall, it looks like the beta was well received.