Weekly Debrief

Community Broadcast 009: Battlefield V Trello Board

2»

Comments

• VOLBANKER
    1003 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    sabersun said:
    Hello @Braddock512
    I was wondering if you could add Team Balancing to the Trello.
    Thank you
    And the forbidden subject which starts with a C.

Thanks
  • R0dBenn
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 17
    Hi. There are problems that should be fixed and are not in process in the "TRELLO BROAD" and are the following:
    * Stuttering,
    * Client server desynchronization and viceversa,
    * The horrible netcode continues, hit-registration is sometimes totally off / not working at all (unload bullets in enemies without any damage),
    * Since the last update there is a notable drop in performance.

• Noodlesocks
    2873 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    But yeah, if you're only going to update the Trello board as frequently as any other source of information, what's the point? You're just doing more work to achieve the same result.
  • ElliotLH
    8367 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I notice the text implying 4.6 will release at the end of the month has been removed. Figured that was an error or wishful thinking so it's probably a good thing that a correction was made.
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1543 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 19
    ElliotLH said:
    I notice the text implying 4.6 will release at the end of the month has been removed. Figured that was an error or wishful thinking so it's probably a good thing that a correction was made.
    Likely scenario not fact.

Operation Underground was meant to come out with 4.6, the 3 people still working on the game at DICE haven't finished the map yet and have spotted an unfortunately bug (can't vault through the train windows) and have decided that the update must be delayed until said bug is fixed. No one knows if the 3 people still working on this game will be able to fix it as it was spotted on Twitter that one of them has decided to leave the company. It transpires the 2 remaining people have now been drafted to try and save Al Sundan and hence have abandoned Operation Underground.  Everything is coming soon but don't worry an announcement from someone high up at DICE will appease, telling us they are working on everything and that the game hasn't been abandoned. There will be promises that Private Games will be here soon to save the day but no dates can be set. Meanwhile the player base continues to struggle with the server latency for weeks on end and finally gets restless with all the false promises from Chapter 4 and other missed deadlines and leaves to join a well supported game. This well supported game has developers that are proactively changing the game quickly from Beta feedback. Imagine that!
    Post edited by DrunkOnRedWine on
  • Noodlesocks
    2873 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH said:
    Delayed to November apparantly.
  • ElliotLH
    8367 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH said:
    On on hand that might be OK if it means we don't get yet another patch which messes up portions of the game but on the other hand it's yet another delay and more Soon™.

ElliotLH said:
    Likely scenario not fact.

Operation Underground was meant to come out with 4.6, the 3 people still working on the game at DICE haven't finished the map yet and have spotted an unfortunately bug (can't vault through the train windows) and have decided that the update must be delayed until said bug is fixed. No one knows if the 3 people still working on this game will be able to fix it as it was spotted on Twitter that one of them has decided to leave the company. It transpires the 2 remaining people have now been drafted to try and save Al Sundan and hence have abandoned Operation Underground.  Everything is coming soon but don't worry an announcement from someone high up at DICE will appeased, telling us they are working on everything and that the game hasn't been abandoned. There will be promises that Private Games will be here soon to save the day but no dates can be set. Meanwhile the player base continues to struggles with the server latency for weeks on end and finally gets restless with all the false promises from Chapter 4 and other missed deadlines and leaves to join a well supported game. This well supported game has developers that are proactively changing the game quickly from Beta feedback. Imagine that!
    Could well see that scenario being the case. I'm even considering trying that game series for the first time in a decade myself.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    1673 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH said:
    I think Chapter 5 is patch 4.7 which they said late October or early November now.  So 4.6 Operation Underground and its 4 unlocks in its own TOW's seems about right now for early October.  Still need word on 4.5 if its out next week and maybe Al Sundan conquest.  Since September 23 is first day of FALL on Monday.

• ElliotLH
    GRAW2ROBZ said:
    ElliotLH said:
    I think Chapter 5 is patch 4.7 which they said late October or early November now.  So 4.6 Operation Underground and its 4 unlocks in its own TOW's seems about right now for early October.  Still need word on 4.5 if its out next week and maybe Al Sundan conquest.  Since September 23 is first day of FALL on Monday.

Braddock did give some word on 4.5 over on Reddit from the look of things (it's in the This Week in Battlefield post from the 16th):

I guess this at least means we can stop keeping an eye out for 4.5 and instead look for news on when we might get 4.6.
  • Noodlesocks
    edited September 19
    So when is this letter from the front that has all this info that can't just be said in forum/reddit updates? This week? Next week? Delayed until late October?
  • CrashCA
    1027 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    SOON™
  • fragnstein
    489 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This whole chapter ending and staring wasn't really well thought out
  • CrashCA
    1027 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    So, earlier saw a Twitter post here about 4.6 updats notes being on Trello. Have been unable to find the . Anyone have better luck viewing them ?