Ping Increase, explanation DICE?

BrownBreadz
18 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Can anyone explain why the ingame ping has doubled over the past two weeks? It's not clientside as everyone I know has had a 20+ ping jump, really not enticing me to spend much time on BFV tbh.

Comments

• MrCamp121
    882 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Patch 4.4
  • KrullBorg
    109 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    new feature... to make the desire to play lose even more
  • TFBisquit
    1915 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    In all fairness, adding 1hk weapons as tow rewards stopped the TTK/TTD discussions. So maybe they thought it would end the netcode debates by giving everybody a higher latency.
    But on the bright side, fix will be implemented by the end of this month. Fair is fair.
  • NLBartmaN
    4085 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    TFBisquit said:

But on the bright side, fix will be implemented by the end of this month. Fair is fair.
    And the issue will be back the patch after that ...
  • VincentNZ
    3874 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I do not see how a ping increase of 20 (not universally, mind you, it varies, some people/servers do not have problems) has an impact on individual gameplay. I mean there are many people across the world that can only play at a ping of +40.
    If there is an influx of issues with the netcode, I very much doubt the increased ping is the reason. Just a symptom of the issue.
  • BrownBreadz
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    VincentNZ said:
    I do not see how a ping increase of 20 (not universally, mind you, it varies, some people/servers do not have problems) has an impact on individual gameplay. I mean there are many people across the world that can only play at a ping of +40.
    If there is an influx of issues with the netcode, I very much doubt the increased ping is the reason. Just a symptom of the issue.
    It's double, having played competitive games elsewhere (tourny level) I can tell you it makes a huge impact, it makes reacting to x or y within 1/2 a second much more difficult and I could instantly notice the increase it has essentially annihilated my ability to twitch effectively (not the streaming site) 
  • dcs500
    1478 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Just another step to make the game as unplayable as possible, they’re doing a great job, good game, well done.
    🙄
  • BrownBreadz
    Vince check out this site https://faculty.washington.edu/chudler/java/redgreen.html then double your latency and you will see what I mean.
  • Matty101yttam
    1332 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    VincentNZ said:
    I play at a ping of about 60 normally, now is 90, before the patch i was getting around 3kd average, at 90 its about 2kd, also when ping was 60 and i played smaller modes like squad conquest my kd would go much higher and gameplay felt much smoother.
    So i would say every 30 ping = 1kd roughly, which is about right when i scale it up when playing distant servers as well, after about 130 i need to start using specific weapons and play differently to deal with lag better which works up until about 190 but that 30 ms rule still sits about right.
  • CSO7777
    1542 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I haven't got any change to my ping (still 21 ms), but something is weird with the "netcode" and the hit-registration is sometimes totally off / not working at all (unload bullets in enemies without any damage).

In general I get less one-frame-deaths after patch 4.4, but it seems like damage from my own gun is more erratic. Often on my screen it doesn't give any damage numbers, and then suddenly the enemy die very fast, like the "TTD bug" but reversed...

And I get the 'latency variation' icon sometimes, which I didn't get before the patch.
  • Carbonic
    1703 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Update to fix the issue releasing later this month:
    https://trello.com/c/NJmo7ctJ/50-increased-pings-for-all-players
  • BtheReaper49
    347 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Carbonic wrote: »
    Update to fix the issue releasing later this month:
    https://trello.com/c/NJmo7ctJ/50-increased-pings-for-all-players

Later this month as in Sept 30th? So much for the "live" service they touted....
  • xXHappy_PuppyXx
    194 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Wish mine only jumped 20 I went from 100ms avg to now avg 180 making not worth playing.
  • MrCamp121
    882 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2019
    Just did some rounds..ping between 64-100. The final round before i rage quit because of ping....187. Lmao this game is..idk how to describe it
  • BrownBreadz
    Wish mine only jumped 20 I went from 100ms avg to now avg 180 making not worth playing.
    If my regular ping was 100ms in an FPS, I'd uninstall.
  • xXHappy_PuppyXx
    194 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2019
    (Quote)

And yet I don't need a sub 50 ping to out play most people....

There is hardly a difference between 50ms to a 100ms. In BFV though you get around 160ms+ odd things start happening. People ghosting into the air and warping.

I'm starting to feel the ping being shown isn't even accurate.
    Post edited by xXHappy_PuppyXx on
  • BrownBreadz
    edited September 2019
    (Quote)

And yet I don't need a sub 50 ping to out play most people....

There is hardly a difference between 50ms to a 100ms. In BFV though you get around 160ms+ odd things start happening. People ghosting into the air and warping.

I'm starting to feel the ping bring shown isn't even accurate.

lol - 50ms makes no difference but 60 does??? I've not played with 100+ ping so I cant comment (same may be applicable if you have never played under 50) I'm not even going to get baited into the other part of the comment.
  • xXHappy_PuppyXx
    (Quote)
    lol - 50ms makes no difference but 60 does??? I've not played with 100+ ping so I cant comment (same may be applicable if you have never played under 50) I'm not even going to get baited into the other part of the comment.

Reading comprehension is not your strong suit is it...

Maybe you should reread it more slowly...

Fyi I have played at a sub 10 before... no it wasn't better becuase everyone else lags. You want to be in the median of the collective ping times. Most people are in the 50 to 100ms. When you break 160ms you start see abnormal game play issues..

But it's to funny as you have lesser stats then me on battlefield tracker.... what's your excuse?
  • Matty101yttam
    1332 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I guess it depends on your playstyle but every 30 ping is 1kd ratio for me roughly, i sit at about 3-4 kd average and it goes up by 1 every 30 ping i lose, or down by 1 for every 30 i gain.
    So maybe it depends if your playing a high heat style like i do or a more laid back style like sniping.
    (Quote)

But it's to funny as you have lesser stats then me on battlefield tracker.... what's your excuse?
    Also don't bring stats into it, they are a joke and are pointless for anything apart from stroking a try hards ego, good players experiment, good players don't stress, you can't do either if your worried about dying.