This Week in Battlefield V

Hey BFV guys come give BF1 a Try!!!!!

Comments

• Ronin9572
    904 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    VOLBANKER wrote: »
    I doubt I can go back to BF1 which I played for 5400 hours already.

I’m kinda fed up with BFV though so I’m looking for something else to play.

5400hrs?? Holy guacamole! I've only got 1500+ across 3 accounts. I didn't start playing till just before TSNP released, and took from the end of October till February off to play RDR2.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    13029 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    EA_Rtas wrote: »
    Moved this to the Battlefield 1 section as even though you're inviting Battlefield V players it is still about Battlefield 1.

Can you move it back? Obviously this is meant as a topic for the Battlefield 5 players. How are they going to see this if its in the Battlefield 1 section?

Or dont you want them to see it?
    People from the BFV forums can visit the BF1 forums too you know.

• Forkbeard84
    1608 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 20
    Well sure they can.  But this thread was meant primarily for Battlefield 5 players to see and comment on.   At least that was my thought as the op...  The BF5 general discussion forum seemed the right place for that. 

The reason for the move does not make much sense to me but I suppose we can have it in the BF1 general discussion forum. 
    Post edited by Forkbeard84 on
  • Titan_Awaken
    725 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I'm gonna be the devil's advocate here:

You aren't going to find much success if you're trying to artificially convince BFV players to give BF1 a shot. Players will naturally gravitate towards BF1 when they clearly see for themselves that it is the better, more complete game out of the two.

You can put a horse and a mare together in a pen but you can't force them to breed if they don't want to. In other words, let it happen naturally.
  • Forkbeard84
    Yes we both love Battlefield  One for how great it is.   Was not trying to be artificial, just hyping BF1 to the BF5 guys.    A little advertising never hurt.  In any case we've gone full natural now.  :-)

We do have a great community and Battlefield One is an amazing and awesome game.  

• BigF33t_13
    6675 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

We do have a great community and Battlefield One is an amazing and awesome game.  

That's funny. Two years ago someone would have been flamed right out of the forums for making a statement like that. 
  • ronybaloney
    277 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Love your passionfor the game Forkbeard. :)
  • -Antares65z
    1646 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Why go back to BF1 if you can go back to BF4. The community booming there too!

Went back to BF4 a week or so ago, was a [removed]

Melee wouldn't register until the guy turned around
    That game has always been a mess since Day 1. They've put so many band-aids on it over time that they managed to actually convince some people that it's a good game. About the only thing good about it is the map variety and private servers. Other than that, it's by far my most disliked out of the BF series. 
  • FishySplat
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Moved this to the Battlefield 1 section as even though you're inviting Battlefield V players it is still about Battlefield 1.

Can you move it back? Obviously this is meant as a topic for the Battlefield 5 players. How are they going to see this if its in the Battlefield 1 section?

Contraception isn't usually advertised in retirement villages, nor graphics cards in the food section, management roles in the laborer listings, tampons under mens health..
    My point being that you advertise in the location selected for those you're advertising to. IMO it's about both games and suits both sections, with the exception of targeting the BFV audience specifically.

I'm still playing BF1, have been since Beta, enjoying it as the best one since BF2, but not better than BF2. It has it's own feel which takes getting used to, mostly due to older guns. Players often return from BFV saying, "wow I forgot how awesome BF1 was", or "BF1 looks and handles much better than BFV".

Of course SMG08 is not balanced but I out-shoot them plenty, it's more circumstance dependent. BF1 could be much better and appeal to more if we could actually customize the servers...... on which note I put up a small guide in the BF1 forum hoping people will adjust their filters and allow for more custom games in the future!
  • LOLGotYerTags
    13029 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator

Contraception isn't usually advertised in retirement villages, nor graphics cards in the food section, management roles in the laborer listings, tampons under mens health..
    My point being that you advertise in the location selected for those you're advertising to. IMO it's about both games and suits both sections, with the exception of targeting the BFV audience specifically.

Ahh,  But then a great deal of the BFV playerbase also had and migrated from BF1.

I still fire it up from time to time myself.
  • Forkbeard84
    edited September 21
    Thanks @ronybaloney.

Hey all,  I know Battlefield 1 is not a perfect game but its still a great game.  I'm judging it based on all the other games I've played.  And I bought and paid for and spent time playing BF5 but couldn't take the lack of spotting and slow limited vehicles among other things.  I keep coming back to BF1 to have fun.
    Post edited by Forkbeard84 on
  • BigF33t_13
    6675 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    It's still a pretty solid game. I wish my video card didn't take a dump. Since I'm on disability for a while, it'll be a few months before I'm back. The gtx 460 isn't going to cut it, lol.
  • sarator99
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Hi

I rented a server

Join me please

200% no explosives.

Name Hard

• sarator99
    Anyone?
  • sarator99
    Add me sarah99_ho
  • Titan_Awaken
    725 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    sarator99 said:
    Anyone?
    With all due respect, this thread isn't the place to be self promoting your server. Make a new thread and try your luck there.
  • Wikstone
    173 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited September 28
    Bf1 is much more fun, wish it had all good [ removed ] and stuff what bf4 had.

[ Mod notice : Do not attempt to circumvent the profanity filter by mis-spelling the profanity as doing so violates the forum rules ]
    Post edited by LOLGotYerTags on
  • Wikstone
    173 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    VOLBANKER said:
    I doubt I can go back to BF1 which I played for 5400 hours already.

I’m kinda fed up with BFV though so I’m looking for something else to play.
    Mw, HLL ( work in progress ), WW3 ( work in progress )
  • DANZ_SEVEN4
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Bfv is doodoo tbh
  • UraniumReaper
    577 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Well sure they can.  But this thread was meant primarily for Battlefield 5 players to see and comment on.   At least that was my thought as the op...  The BF5 general discussion forum seemed the right place for that. 

The reason for the move does not make much sense to me but I suppose we can have it in the BF1 general discussion forum. 

Battlefield 1 forum section is more fun than BFV's anyways ;D