This Week in Battlefield V

Was I ever wrong!

Comments

• CostanzaStan
    217 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Played the demo, it's the same CoD. Feels like a paintball arena match and not warfare just like every other CoD since whatever came after BO1. Doesn't improve my opinion of BFV in the slightest though. BFV is plenty playable and I still enjoy it more than other current shooters. So I'm still playing it for now.
  • BtheReaper49
    224 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Ss4gogeta0 wrote: »
    (Quote)
    as someone who plays COD every year and has been since COD 2: Big Red One on the PS2 (if you can find a stat site for it or any way to look up my stats online for that game, use my username)... I honestly have to tell you that MW is pretty bad... 
    Especially that British warehouse level, it is really easy to get spawn trapped in the area near the overpass by snipers on the staircase & roofs and prone campers hiding behind the wall & the cars. 

Weapon's are also lackluster due to schizophrenic damage system. I have had times where a shotgun will only slightly injure a person at close range as they tear me apart with an SMG, not to mention the campers are out in full force these days. in the other warehouse level, people will camp the alcove near the mine carts in 2 different ways depending of which direction the enemy spawns are. If your team is spawning at the train depot, then most likely the person will be prone camping the door in that alcove with an MG and Rocket Launcher, where as if your team is spawning from the parking lot, they are crouch camping in such away that they are mostly concealed by the oil drum but can see you perfectly as you round the corner near the warehouse at spawn. 

Explosive spam is also out in full force, especially with the rocket launchers. On Domination, expect to get killed by them in multiple succession as the enemy team pounds the B flag with rockets over and over and over (Very noticable on the city map.)

Basically, the game has no actual ground to stand on in terms of being better than Battlefield V... Hell, I will go as far as saying that MW3 was far better balanced than this new MW, and in MW3 I had no issue tearing people up with the P99...

if you have any feeling of doubting what I say, here is a screenshot from one of my matches where I got second number of kills + top of the scoreboards on my team. This is just to prove that I have in fact played the Beta... 

(Image)

Hey that's cool to each their own. But as someone who's played Call of Duty every year I'm curious if you find this modern warfare to be worse then their last few installments? To be fair I played a very small amount of infinite warfare and couldn't stomach it. And I only played the B03 and B044 betas. But in all of those cases I found the TTK/TTD to be some of the worst I ever experienced. As in see a guy and die. This one I find a lot more refreshing and engaging.
    Sure it doesn't have all the characteristics of a battlefield game but as far as a CoD game goes I find it to be pretty darn good. I also didn't pay attention to the map details you laid out (which is pretty impressive by the way) as I just dove in. Haven't felt spawn trapped yet nor has it been a sniper fest/rocket launcher problem either for me at least. Time will tell
  • Toxic_CA
    868 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I wonder why everyone is hyping up the 32v32 mode. It's not going to magically play like battlefield because of the increased player count

Vehicles are still limited to kill streaks

With the low TTK and that much players running around I dont think it's going to be too much fun
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    1673 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

• ackers75
    2391 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Toxic_CA wrote: »
    I wonder why everyone is hyping up the 32v32 mode. It's not going to magically play like battlefield because of the increased player count

With the low TTK and that much players running around I dont think it's going to be too much fun

How do you know vehicles are limited to kill streaks ?
  • Toxic_CA
    868 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ackers75 wrote: »

Because the devs stated that in the first multiplayer reveal stream. I've noticed a lot of misinformation is being spread around these forums.
  • ackers75
    2391 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Because the devs stated that in the first multiplayer reveal stream. I've noticed a lot of misinformation is being spread around these forums.

I had it on good authority 32vs32 has spawnable vehicles.

I guess we will see
  • A_al_K_pacino_A
    585 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Still not it's biggest fan but my new major annoyance is almost every action cancels a reload. Multiple deaths a round are caused by this "feature".
  • Jayjonah916
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Ss4gogeta0 wrote: »
    (Quote)
    as someone who plays COD every year and has been since COD 2: Big Red One on the PS2 (if you can find a stat site for it or any way to look up my stats online for that game, use my username)... I honestly have to tell you that MW is pretty bad... 
    Especially that British warehouse level, it is really easy to get spawn trapped in the area near the overpass by snipers on the staircase & roofs and prone campers hiding behind the wall & the cars. 

Weapon's are also lackluster due to schizophrenic damage system. I have had times where a shotgun will only slightly injure a person at close range as they tear me apart with an SMG, not to mention the campers are out in full force these days. in the other warehouse level, people will camp the alcove near the mine carts in 2 different ways depending of which direction the enemy spawns are. If your team is spawning at the train depot, then most likely the person will be prone camping the door in that alcove with an MG and Rocket Launcher, where as if your team is spawning from the parking lot, they are crouch camping in such away that they are mostly concealed by the oil drum but can see you perfectly as you round the corner near the warehouse at spawn. 

Explosive spam is also out in full force, especially with the rocket launchers. On Domination, expect to get killed by them in multiple succession as the enemy team pounds the B flag with rockets over and over and over (Very noticable on the city map.)

Basically, the game has no actual ground to stand on in terms of being better than Battlefield V... Hell, I will go as far as saying that MW3 was far better balanced than this new MW, and in MW3 I had no issue tearing people up with the P99...

if you have any feeling of doubting what I say, here is a screenshot from one of my matches where I got second number of kills + top of the scoreboards on my team. This is just to prove that I have in fact played the Beta... 

(Image)

Hey that's cool to each their own. But as someone who's played Call of Duty every year I'm curious if you find this modern warfare to be worse then their last few installments? To be fair I played a very small amount of infinite warfare and couldn't stomach it. And I only played the B03 and B044 betas. But in all of those cases I found the TTK/TTD to be some of the worst I ever experienced. As in see a guy and die. This one I find a lot more refreshing and engaging.
    Sure it doesn't have all the characteristics of a battlefield game but as far as a CoD game goes I find it to be pretty darn good. I also didn't pay attention to the map details you laid out (which is pretty impressive by the way) as I just dove in. Haven't felt spawn trapped yet nor has it been a sniper fest/rocket launcher problem either for me at least. Time will tell
    double post?

I replied right here
    https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/comment/1599803/#Comment_1599803
  • firechickenfan
    470 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I was was watching a dev stream a couple of days ago, where they said that there are deployable vehicles "as well as kill streak vehicles".

Maybe I misunderstood.

We will find out in a day or two.
  • MogwaiWarrior
    722 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Still not it's biggest fan but my new major annoyance is almost every action cancels a reload. Multiple deaths a round are caused by this "feature".

So no reloading while running?
  • A_al_K_pacino_A
    585 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

So no reloading while running?

I'm sure I've had them canceled by running, calling in a UAV and vaulting. The vaulting is fair enough but there are a few reloads that you think are done but aren't and you find yourself with no bullets.
  • The_BERG_366
    2320 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN wrote: »
    (Quote)
    Would be nice to see "facts" and reasoning when you make such a statement?

You can just share your "feelings", but how will that "help" other peoples make up their mind/giving them useful info ... ?

as you said... its for the most part just expressing his feelings and not objectively arguing. just that he posted it on twitter where it belongs...
    now despite twitter not allowing for long arfumentations he actually already gave the reasons why he doesn't think that the new cod will be the replacement bf players hope it is. he says it in his second sentence: "it's cod". cod mw is still cod and feels like cod. over the past couple of years two very different communities for cod and bf have formed thst have an intersection but are mostly distinct. the "average bf player" typically doesn't like cod very much. now as the new cod still very much is a cod the average bf player will still dislike what he disliked in previous titles. hence why he argues that its not the replacement of bf that a lot of bf players are waiting for.

it's rather hypocritical for you to critique a guy for sharing his thoughts on the game on twitter without going in depth as to why he came to the conclusion he came to, while you post your feelings in a very similar matter in a forum.
  • Toxic_CA

Huh so turns out I was wrong. Ground war plays more like battlefield. Vehicles are already there but there's killstreaks. It's actually kinda fun
  • SirTerrible
    1703 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Ground War is Metro with less fun gunplay, no classes, and killstreaks. That is to say it's real bad.
  • StormSaxon
    658 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Ground War is metro lol.
    Worse.
    And these tanks, make Bfv tanks feel like indestructible beasts.
  • HawkeyeAM47
    1353 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Playing the 32 V 32 now, and holy cow, its AMAZING!! Fast paced gun mechanics? Sure, but very realistic and similar to how Medal of honor war fighters gub mechanics
  • CostanzaStan
    217 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Playing the 32 V 32 now, and holy cow, its AMAZING!! Fast paced gun mechanics? Sure, but very realistic and similar to how Medal of honor war fighters gub mechanics
      how does the spawning work? do you spawn randomly like in other modes or only with your team?
  • ackers75
    32vs32 is simply just fun!
    This is what I wanted dice but you gave a frustrating pain in the bottom of a game
  • StormSaxon
    658 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)

how does the spawning work? do you spawn randomly like in other modes or only with your team?

You can spawn on a green squadmate, which is usually suicide, or on flags.