Hackers/Cheaters on PC Platform (What's up?)

Toolguns
13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
Can Dice come up with some sort of VoteKick and VoteBan mechanic to kick blatant cheaters (Live during gameplay).

The community is smart enough to know when we have a cheater in-game, I would imagine it SHOULDN'T be that hard to implement a votekick or voteban for 3 hours from a particular server?

It's hard enough to find a good populated server with low latency, but then when you do, it's ruined by a hacker... Everyone going off in the chat about it... Annoying as hell. 

I find it ridiculous that I have to revert to playing my favorite shooter on Console (PS4) to avoid hackers on the PC Platform...

So much for "PC Master Race"!   

Comments

• STOPchris
    572 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 20
    The vote kick option in other games does work to get rid of OBVIOUS cheaters. The problem is that it also works to get rid of people who don't cheat. People ruined this option in previous games, where they would randomly vote kick players for any reason. They also ruined dedicated servers with admins, as you had rampant admin abuse. Where admins would ban players they just didn't like. 
  • Jeffmaxs6
    226 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    STOPchris said:
    The vote kick option in other games does work to get rid of OBVIOUS cheaters. The problem is that it also works to get rid of people who don't cheat. 

I remember in BF3 I would get spawn killed by the same guy no matter were I spawned. That was obvious. And I've been accuse of hacking just knifing someone or someone said I was facing the other way when I shot him, but not on my screen. : /   Yeah their experts at detecting hackers alright. lol.

• STOPchris
    572 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 20
    In reality, you are right, they are great at spotting obvious cheaters. Players are just also great at abusing that power. Just imagine having a clan that takes up more than 50% of the server. They just don't like you because you "camp". They fire up a vote and kick you from the server. This type of situation used to happen all the time. 
  • Matty101yttam
    1124 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 20
    I do agree with a voting system.
    I don't agree with bans/kicks.

Voting is a good way to bring attention to suspect players, but no good for convicting only the guilty.

I've been kicked/banned from plenty of servers for playing clean, even had some games become totally unplayable because all the low ping servers in my area had banned me.
    When it comes to hacks people also have a herd mentality and once one accusation starts people get suspicion in their heads and then it doesn't stop.
  • heffmeister
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 20
    I don't think DICE see themselves as a supplier of games for the PC platform and therefore cannot be bothered with anti-cheat mechanics. They are just going to wait until the PC community die so they can relax in the arms of 12 year old console players throwing money at them for skins rather that content. And if a vote system can prolong my PC-game for a while, I am all for it since I do like the game, flaws and all
  • MOSSAD-RECRUITER
    337 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Votemap Yes.
    Votekill Yes.
    Votekick Yes.
    Voteban No.

I don't think community should have the power to BAN players from official servers. Not even time limited.  But voteKICK is an efficient way to limit cheaters and improve the gameplay for everyone. No cheater script or report system can beat a vigilante community. It is also not true that it will be abused to get rid of good enemy players, because the kick option could also include the requirement of a certain number of team members voting. Abuse in some few cases, yes, but this will not make up for the improvement of such system.

Reason I mention voteKILL, is because cheaters are not the only problem. For instance, if someone is wasting tank slots by camping in base and not doing anything good for the team, the team (and only the team) should be able to boot player from the tank.

Anyway, I don't think these things will be implemented. Because EA sadly enough only care about money now, including what they make from cheaters. Last time I proposed the vote options, thread got locked without any replies at all or explanations.
  • Matty101yttam
    1124 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Votemap Yes.
    Votekill Yes.
    Votekick Yes.
    Voteban No.

I don't think community should have the power to BAN players from official servers. Not even time limited.  But voteKICK is an efficient way to limit cheaters and improve the gameplay for everyone. No cheater script or report system can beat a vigilante community. It is also not true that it will be abused to get rid of good enemy players, because the kick option could also include the requirement of a certain number of team members voting. Abuse in some few cases, yes, but this will not make up for the improvement of such system.

Reason I mention voteKILL, is because cheaters are not the only problem. For instance, if someone is wasting tank slots by camping in base and not doing anything good for the team, the team (and only the team) should be able to boot player from the tank.

Anyway, I don't think these things will be implemented. Because EA sadly enough only care about money now, including what they make from cheaters. Last time I proposed the vote options, thread got locked without any replies at all or explanations.
    This is why voting doesn't work, right here is someone trying to kill other people for not playing how they want.
    It is true it would be abused because it's happened before, regardless of team members people just look at your k/d and nothing else when others complain. It's actually the process they use, someone calls hax...teammate checks score...see's 50-4 kd boom your gone.
  • YourLocalPlumber
    3104 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 21
    Toolguns said:
    The community is smart enough to know when we have a cheater in-game
    Boy do I have new for you.
    https://imgur.com/3GfdNMS
  • MOSSAD-RECRUITER
    337 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Votemap Yes.
    Votekill Yes.
    Votekick Yes.
    Voteban No.

This is why voting doesn't work, right here is someone trying to kill other people for not playing how they want.
    It is true it would be abused because it's happened before, regardless of team members people just look at your k/d and nothing else when others complain. It's actually the process they use, someone calls hax...teammate checks score...see's 50-4 kd boom your gone.
    Nah, in the past when servers had this option, I rarely saw abuse happening. Sometimes yes, but most players did then not vote for kick. Thing is, there will be very few players with high k/d, because cheaters will leave game. Good legit players will then also have better gameplay and chance of not being kicked. Because more will not rush to judgement based on k/d only.
  • 287martin
    198 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    The only people complaining about proper rental servers with ban lists are those who quickly get found out and banned from them all
  • Matty101yttam
    Votemap Yes.
    Votekill Yes.
    Votekick Yes.
    Voteban No.

Nah, in the past when servers had this option, I rarely saw abuse happening. Sometimes yes, but most players did then not vote for kick. Thing is, there will be very few players with high k/d, because cheaters will leave game. Good legit players will then also have better gameplay and chance of not being kicked. Because more will not rush to judgement based on k/d only.
    You may not have seen it, but it happened never the less. I already stated for myself it was such an issue i couldn't even play certain games because people in my region votekicked/banned me for playing 100% legit.
    This also was from all players as well, clans and non alike, clans actually were worse in some cases because if one did they all did, and when other players also see high vote numbers that also encourages that herd mentality as well.
  • 287martin
    198 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    From my personal experiences on clan rental servers (1000s of hours from Bfbc2 to BF4) most were legitimate and totally devoted to providing a great time for whoever played on them, with clan websites free to join chat forms, discord, teamspeak etc etc there were bad ones but you just didn't go back there because you had plenty of options including official ranked servers to play on if you wanted to test your skills against the aimbot superstars. You have to keep in mind these clans needed paying members to cover the costs of the servers if it really was that bad of an experience none would survive long. The clan servers were almost always the best to play on because they always got the best provider not the trash servers that we have in this edition of battlefield. There are much better server providers out there dice/EA won't pay for them the clans did when it was an option
  • g0merpile
    686 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Did not work in bf4 wont work in bf5. Since these forums prevent nameshaming, I believe banning is suitable for the garbage they are.
  • 287martin
    Usually if you get kicked from a clan rental server it's for a good reason. The rules of the server are clearly displayed while the game loads if you can't follow the rules you will be kicked simple as that it's on you. Best thing about teaming by clans is teaming up against them to beat them that in itself was fun if you even played games back when that happened. Sick of hearing people moaning about bad admins on rental servers when the reality is you couldn't play on them with hacks and you couldn't play on them if you were being a team killing noob ruining everyone else's fun. If you are a straight up gamer not being a noob and using suspicious software to make getting kills easier you wouldn't get banned from a clans fully paid for rental server. All the idiots who have complained about being banned from someone's paid up rental server should be banned from playing battlefield games. They are the problem not the community's of gamers who want to play on their own servers local to them. This ignorance of these community's to appease the cheaters has gone on long enough for God sake dice who's side are you on these days ? Loyal fans who keep buying your games or noob cheating idiots who only by your games because there is nothing in place to deter them from cheating ?
  • TyroneLoyd_TV
    1457 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    287martin wrote: »
    Usually if you get kicked from a clan rental server it's for a good reason. The rules of the server are clearly displayed while the game loads if you can't follow the rules you will be kicked simple as that it's on you. Best thing about teaming by clans is teaming up against them to beat them that in itself was fun if you even played games back when that happened. Sick of hearing people moaning about bad admins on rental servers when the reality is you couldn't play on them with hacks and you couldn't play on them if you were being a team killing noob ruining everyone else's fun. If you are a straight up gamer not being a noob and using suspicious software to make getting kills easier you wouldn't get banned from a clans fully paid for rental server. All the idiots who have complained about being banned from someone's paid up rental server should be banned from playing battlefield games. They are the problem not the community's of gamers who want to play on their own servers local to them. This ignorance of these community's to appease the cheaters has gone on long enough for God sake dice who's side are you on these days ? Loyal fans who keep buying your games or noob cheating idiots who only by your games because there is nothing in place to deter them from cheating ?

Who are you talking too in the thread that's arguing there shouldn't be that in rental servers?

All i see is people giving reasons why they shouldn't be on official servers.
  • ragnarok013
    3428 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    I'm leaving this thread open because it's actually about vote kick\ban instead of cheating so keep on topic gents.  Regarding the issue at hand it can, has, and will be abused if implemented which is why it's not in the game. Have a guy who's legitimately on a kill spree? He'll be vote kicked or banned by salty players. That being said I am all for rented server admins being able to kick and ban as the power is in the hands of the admin(s) as opposed to the masses of players who have a vested interest in eliminating their killer so there is less room for rampant abuse. Has admin abuse happened before, yes it has but those servers don't remain populated for long.
    As one who runs Battlefield events weekly for several years I've been extremely frustrated when I couldn't remove someone in BF1 when there was no RSP or currently in BF5 who is spewing racist nonsense in the chat or other ToS breaking behaviors that are outright ruining the game for the server. Active admins normally enhance the Battlefield experience instead of detracting from it.
  • zerweast
    26 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 21
    A perfect multiplayer fps is probably not possible. No racist nonsense, no cheating, good team balance. Vote/kick is the most sensible feature for a playable battlefield game currently. Sure, some legit players will be kicked. But try playing in asian server now. Its unplayable, its a handful of player ruining almost all servers, its really bad. that means about 60 players will have a bad time because of a handful, so without vote/kick, the people that are having fun are the handful of people ruining the game for everyone else. The current situation is really bad.

Or have the vote/kick only for asian servers. Or have only some servers with vote/kick implemented along side the current situation. Its a good experiment to see which type of server is more popular.

• NavyVet15
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    On Official servers vote/kick/ban systems just don't work. Too much abuse. There could easily be just as much abuse from these systems as their are cheaters in the game. That all being said, I removed BF from my PC and Xbox today. I'm done playing with cheaters. When you spawn in (not on an objective but in the "home area" and are headshot immediately, that is one clear sign of cheating. Happened back to back by the same player and I spawned in at two different locations. Until DICE/EA is willing to do something to combat this issue, I refuse to play their FPSMP products on any system. Since I am a Premier Subscriber, it doesn't cost me anything to do this, on either platform. I have always enjoyed the BF series, especially for the campaigns, but MP has always been plagued with cheaters. Rented servers weren't so bad, but the official servers are terrible. I can't imagine that it would be that difficult to have an anti-cheat system or a system that could detect when someone was using a background program to gain an in game advantage. 
  • Shadow0nTh3Sun
    123 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Toolguns said:
    The community is smart enough to know when we have a cheater in-game
    Boy do I have new for you.
    https://imgur.com/3GfdNMS
    Well? Were you cheating or no?
This discussion has been closed.