Weekly Debrief

BFV compare too CoD MW

Comments

• ragnarok013
    3237 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Serious ? you think that genderfield 5 is part of battlefield franchise ?
    uz_bolderaju do not derail the thread with political comments.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    5484 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Still have to wait until Ground War mode to make proper comparison. For now it's just regular cod game.
  • barnesalmighty2
    1520 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I tried the beta and it was disappointing at best. Its the same old COD, barely a graphics improvement and slow movement.

Boring and tedious. The 2v2 was more fun strangely.
  • uz_bolderaju
    290 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 20
    Serious ? you think that genderfield 5 is part of battlefield franchise ?
    uz_bolderaju do not derail the thread with political comments.
     words : " genderfield V " are political comments ? :lol: 

you are one funny moderator :smile: 

p.s. I understand you , this is your job to delete all posts and comments from people who buy this product , but don't like it !
  • Jeffmaxs6
    225 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I've been waiting to hear from PB for 3 weeks now to lift a ban against me on BF3-4. I can still play using this account and BFV, but it ends in 30 after my Origin Access runs out. Paid 100 bucks and only have 30 hours in BFV to show for it, since I already own all the games I like. I've been falsely ban twice from BF3-4 and even if the ban is lifting I still probably won't buy BFV. BF shot themselves in the foot. I'll try COD this week end, but I probably learn to like BF1, like I did BFV or play 1 of my 40+ other games.  I'm with warslag and I'll just keep rocking my i7 2600k 980ti 1440p and don't think upgrading my PC or paying full price for games is worth it any more. PC took a nose dive after BF4 came out.

• Sjangsung
    80 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Well gonna tell the truth: Battlefield 2 was my first game (in that time with mods) Battlefield 3 was simply amazing! Battlefield 4 had a false start but after that is was absolute a top game. My interest in Battlefield flow away when they announced Battlefield 1 played the beta and yes i was convinced it will be a good game. So BF1 is a good game. And now it comes BFV female soldiers i really don't care, but game play and new mechanics was disappointing. The visibility of enemy's on certain maps are terrible, planes on certain maps are terrible, campers are more worst then ever. Tanks and planes are really overpowered in BFV.

I'm for now done with Battlefield:

1: Spotting was a important thing that's now gone.

2: Visibility on maps like fjell are terrible!

3: Weapons are in my opinion terrible to 

4: The real Battlefield experience is gone! and that has started with BF1 (BFH was fun by the way)

5: KD compared with BF4 looks like i'm a total noob in BFV

Have never played COD but have buy Black ops 4 and modern warfare.

Gonna play BF4 sometimes but the rest i'm done with. 

I hope that they come with a new Battlefield that looks like BF3/BF4 will always come back for a Battlefield game.

• LOLGotYerTags
    13078 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    @uz_bolderaju
    Last chance,  Stop posting "genderfield" comments or you will lose the ability to post.

These forums are not the place for political content,  Take that nonsense elsewhere.
  • dbasshooker
    151 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    MW Beta has got my attention. I played it and I really like the feel of it with modern weapons and gameplay. I just can’t get into BF5 any longer.
  • viper63x
    122 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield V Member
    personally cod is not my kind of game. i will continue to stick with battlefield
  • MogwaiWarrior
    723 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Would I be wasting my money buying BFV for $20?
  • SlowOldWarrior
    452 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 20
    No, it is easily worth that.  It is actually a "good" game,  BF has a history of being a "great" combined arms game, unfortunately BF5 has not carried on that tradition.  They chose to de-emphasize the vehicles, in favor of infantry game play.  Not what I, or many loyal BF fans wanted.

It seems to me that BF is heading towards COD gameplay, and that COD is heading towards BF gameplay.  I would rather both diverge, instead of converging, and stick to what they both do best.  I always liked BF, and did not like COD at all - Actually, I despised it.  A lot of my clan has switched to the current COD, and I think the rest of us will switch if the new COD makes a better "BF" game.  

I will say it again, the game, even in it's current state, is easily worth $20, but you may find it frustrating if you are a classic BF fan - I do.
  • BFB-LeCharybdis
    819 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    What platform are you on? 

Don't bother at the moment as the lag issues on PS4 have made the game unplayable.

Wait and see if 4.6 improves things, it'll only get cheaper after MW drops.
  • uz_bolderaju
    290 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    @uz_bolderaju
    Last chance,  Stop posting "genderfield" comments or you will lose the ability to post.

These forums are not the place for political content,  Take that nonsense elsewhere.
    Read forum rules !
  • LOLGotYerTags
    13078 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    @uz_bolderaju

Read forum rules !
    Yes,  You should.

Political content is a no-go.

Let's keep it "game related",  Ok?

Cool.
  • TyroneLoyd_TV
    1380 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hated it
  • c-s-t-r-i-n-i-x
    95 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    With ALL DUE RESPECT TO BOTH SIDES!

Speaking honestly I swore off COD in 2013 when BF4 came out. Ghosts was a complete $hitshow and Advanced Warfare was a joke. To me it just went down hill from there.

In saying all that; this is the first COD I and many others have been excited for in several years. A new system and modern/present gameplay.

BFV and even BF1 trailed further and further from the gameplay I originally came to love. BF3/4 were the ultimate sandbox where anything was applicable.

While I originally wasn’t a fan of BF1’s timeline it was closer to the play style of the BF games I enjoyed. However; it did have it’s own modifications I wasn’t a fan of.

With the advent of BF1/V tailored gameplay customization was limited. We said it from day one. (This would be one of its downfalls.).

The other problem was in an attempt to re-invigorate the series they developed styles which didn’t suit players. I.E. Machine Guns which performed only at their best while prone.

The other issue seen with BFV is the lack of content. I heard a YouTube say it was a last minute decision to release BFV and possibly save Bad Company for the new Gen consoles. I don’t know how true this is but with the lack of content I’m starting to believe it.

There is a fine fine line to walk in a creative world. You want to keep a series interesting but in saying that. The saying goes “if it ain’t broke don’t fix it”.

COD was in a major need of a revamp.

BF I think needs to seriously reflect on what has worked and what hasn’t.

Sometimes simple is better.

I’ve seen several YouTube gamers recently replaying BF3/4 and commenting on how it just feels right.

My advice to Dice/EA would be to go back and replay those games thoroughly. Take a step back to what worked and was known to be fun.

Also in my opinion. Take BF3/4’s formula and go back to present day gameplay and update equipment.

I seriously hope EA/Dice listen to some of this rambling.
  • yamurbina
    15 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Just played the beta, and it is nice.
    It almost feels like a finished game.
    It has matchmaking based on latency.
    In large map games, everyone plays to kill and the objective.

It’s sad because BFV already feels like a 2/3 years old game, so little content and player count seems seems to be downhill.
  • c-s-t-r-i-n-i-x
    95 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited September 21
    yamurbina wrote: »
    Just played the beta, and it is nice.
    It almost feels like a finished game.
    It has matchmaking based on latency.
    In large map games, everyone plays to kill and the objective.

It’s sad because BFV already feels like a 2/3 years old game, so little content and player count seems seems to be downhill.

I just played my first game of ground war. It was a blast.
    Post edited by c-s-t-r-i-n-i-x on
  • panzermo1
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 21
    I had play the CoD beta, and as others are saying, the game runs very good in older systems, (my specs: CPU i5:4690k/M.16M R/GPU RX580/2K Monitor), is just another Call of Duty all over again, the only differences: 64 players, biggest map, and graphics not that different than others of the same series.
  • jroggs
    439 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    My take on CoD MW Ground War: it's a good try, but it's definitely no Battlefield killer.

Some stuff doesn't really come across in these clips. For starters, there are always UAVs active pinging everyone. Always. But you can select an always-active perk called Ghost that makes you permanently invisible to them. It's pretty much mandatory unless you want to be constantly spotted.

I only saved a couple examples, but my framerate was nosediving frequently. Laggers had some annoying advantages. Performance is an overall concern. The engine really struggles to handle chaotic moments, which are plentiful.

And the chaos itself... it's not exciting so much as frustrating. ****'s just happening all around you and it's confusing a lot of the time. The only thing that spares you from it is how fast TTKs are, so you're dead long before you can make sense of crazy situations. I managed to mostly avoid killstreak deaths, but they're there and they will feel very arbitrary and unfun to die to.

If you've tried the other modes in the alpha or beta, you already know how godawful the weapon balancing is. Pretty much no one in the five or so matches I played used anything other than assault rifles or the 1HK sniper, with maybe a couple SMGs (mostly used by snipers as a backup). Shotguns, LMGs, DMRs, and even pistols were very rarely touched, and for mostly good reason.

Vehicles actually seemed somewhat well-implemented, although far more simplistic than any Battlefield in recent memory. The APC I got to try was offensively quite powerful and pretty beefy in terms of armor. But I didn't feel completely helpless fighting armored vehicles, either. You're not able to carry enough AT ammo to solo a tank, but they can't heal from what I can see, so all that damage means something.

Ironically, I feel like this is a mode that will push CoD players towards Battlefield at least as much as the other way around. It's a poor man's Conquest through and through, and players who get a taste of this style of gameplay will find themselves drawn to Battlefield to experience a more fulfilling vision of combined arms warfare.