Weekly Debrief

BFV compare too CoD MW

13»

Comments

  • SlowOldWarrior
    451 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    jroggs said:
    My take on CoD MW Ground War: it's a good try, but it's definitely no Battlefield killer.



    Some stuff doesn't really come across in these clips. For starters, there are always UAVs active pinging everyone. Always. But you can select an always-active perk called Ghost that makes you permanently invisible to them. It's pretty much mandatory unless you want to be constantly spotted.

    I only saved a couple examples, but my framerate was nosediving frequently. Laggers had some annoying advantages. Performance is an overall concern. The engine really struggles to handle chaotic moments, which are plentiful.

    And the chaos itself... it's not exciting so much as frustrating. ****'s just happening all around you and it's confusing a lot of the time. The only thing that spares you from it is how fast TTKs are, so you're dead long before you can make sense of crazy situations. I managed to mostly avoid killstreak deaths, but they're there and they will feel very arbitrary and unfun to die to.

    If you've tried the other modes in the alpha or beta, you already know how godawful the weapon balancing is. Pretty much no one in the five or so matches I played used anything other than assault rifles or the 1HK sniper, with maybe a couple SMGs (mostly used by snipers as a backup). Shotguns, LMGs, DMRs, and even pistols were very rarely touched, and for mostly good reason.

    Vehicles actually seemed somewhat well-implemented, although far more simplistic than any Battlefield in recent memory. The APC I got to try was offensively quite powerful and pretty beefy in terms of armor. But I didn't feel completely helpless fighting armored vehicles, either. You're not able to carry enough AT ammo to solo a tank, but they can't heal from what I can see, so all that damage means something.

    Ironically, I feel like this is a mode that will push CoD players towards Battlefield at least as much as the other way around. It's a poor man's Conquest through and through, and players who get a taste of this style of gameplay will find themselves drawn to Battlefield to experience a more fulfilling vision of combined arms warfare.
    I still have not played the new COD, not really a fan of Betas in general, I'm not a fan of half-baked anything.  Your description of "chaotic" pretty much describes my despising COD gameplay, not really coordinated at all, a squad of solo players at best - BF seemed had more communication and realistic squad coordination.

    I'm curious, what are your thoughts about classic BF vs current BF?
  • c-s-t-r-i-n-i-x
    95 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    jroggs wrote: »
    My take on CoD MW Ground War: it's a good try, but it's definitely no Battlefield killer.



    Some stuff doesn't really come across in these clips. For starters, there are always UAVs active pinging everyone. Always. But you can select an always-active perk called Ghost that makes you permanently invisible to them. It's pretty much mandatory unless you want to be constantly spotted.

    I only saved a couple examples, but my framerate was nosediving frequently. Laggers had some annoying advantages. Performance is an overall concern. The engine really struggles to handle chaotic moments, which are plentiful.

    And the chaos itself... it's not exciting so much as frustrating. ****'s just happening all around you and it's confusing a lot of the time. The only thing that spares you from it is how fast TTKs are, so you're dead long before you can make sense of crazy situations. I managed to mostly avoid killstreak deaths, but they're there and they will feel very arbitrary and unfun to die to.

    If you've tried the other modes in the alpha or beta, you already know how godawful the weapon balancing is. Pretty much no one in the five or so matches I played used anything other than assault rifles or the 1HK sniper, with maybe a couple SMGs (mostly used by snipers as a backup). Shotguns, LMGs, DMRs, and even pistols were very rarely touched, and for mostly good reason.

    Vehicles actually seemed somewhat well-implemented, although far more simplistic than any Battlefield in recent memory. The APC I got to try was offensively quite powerful and pretty beefy in terms of armor. But I didn't feel completely helpless fighting armored vehicles, either. You're not able to carry enough AT ammo to solo a tank, but they can't heal from what I can see, so all that damage means something.

    Ironically, I feel like this is a mode that will push CoD players towards Battlefield at least as much as the other way around. It's a poor man's Conquest through and through, and players who get a taste of this style of gameplay will find themselves drawn to Battlefield to experience a more fulfilling vision of combined arms warfare.

    I would have to RESPECTFULLY disagree sir.

    I thought that finally COD did something right. I was able to navigate ground war and have a lot of fun. My last game I was able to call in a Warthog to destroy a tank and several people on a hill.

    Also I finally got fly my friend around on a helicopter. We haven’t really done this with that much enjoyment since BF4.

    True the graphics on the map are not BF quality but the weapons looks amazing.

    As for the balancing. The only gun I’ve remotely seen unbalanced is the MP7.

    Also I like the gun bench. That’s something I haven’t seen since Hardline(which I thought was an outstanding idea).
  • ProAssassin2003
    3361 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    COD MW has Ground war out now and it sucks big time. Go play it and then you will appreciate Battlefield so much more. 
  • SilkWildey
    1031 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 21
    I thought it absolutely took a dump on BF tbh, having 32 v 32 so polished already. BF still cant do it.

    Ground war on COD is better than anything BF5 offered up in my opinion especially bearing in mind this is a beta.
    Post edited by SilkWildey on
  • Renamed1536220819
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    this should be named BattleHacked V or BattleCheated V,just go to COD now
  • jroggs
    430 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    SlowOldWarrior said:
    I'm curious, what are your thoughts about classic BF vs current BF?
    I'm really not the one to ask. The first BF I really got into in terms of multiplayer was BF1, which became probably my favorite multiplayer game ever. I got exposed to BF3 back in the day when my IRL USMC platoon used it to practice fire team communication, but as a game I guess it didn't really appeal to me. I picked up BF4 recently and it was okay, but the gameplay didn't feel as tight to me as BF1 and BFV, especially with the way vehicles stifled infantry gameplay. As for older titles like BF1942 or Bad Company, I either missed them or only played the single player.
  • jroggs
    430 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    c-s-t-r-i-n-i-x said:
    I would have to RESPECTFULLY disagree sir.

    I thought that finally COD did something right. I was able to navigate ground war and have a lot of fun. My last game I was able to call in a Warthog to destroy a tank and several people on a hill.

    Also I finally got fly my friend around on a helicopter. We haven’t really done this with that much enjoyment since BF4.

    True the graphics on the map are not BF quality but the weapons looks amazing.

    As for the balancing. The only gun I’ve remotely seen unbalanced is the MP7.

    Also I like the gun bench. That’s something I haven’t seen since Hardline(which I thought was an outstanding idea).
    To each his own. I just think that someone who likes the gear, aesthetics, and gameplay of Ground War would probably find a richer and deeper experience in a game like BF4.
  • c-s-t-r-i-n-i-x
    95 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited September 21
    jroggs wrote: »
    (Quote)
    To each his own. I just think that someone who likes the gear, aesthetics, and gameplay of Ground War would probably find a richer and deeper experience in a game like BF4.

    I love LOVE LOVE BF4 but for what it is. It’s days of being in its prime have come and gone.

    I played strictly HC and last time I looked there are virtually a handful IF ANY American HC servers. One of the servers that was still around was hosted by a complete tool.

    When and if EA/Dice choose to make another game spot on similar to that game or BF3. I PROMISE I’ll be first to clamber back in line to buy it.
  • CaptHotah
    1095 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Played for 2 hours. Making the maps bigger and throwing in 64 players doesnt make it a Battlefield killer. Its still COD.
    Sorry, hard pass.
  • ackers75
    2393 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ground war is fun plain and simple!
    Battlefield v frustrating mess
  • TyroneLoyd_TV
    1380 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Ground war is a good attempt but honestly just isn't what I like. Killstreak spam , odd ttk, clunky vehicles , one sided stomps (you can literally base camp the entire construction side) , flag capture zones are too small for my liking.

    It just makes me want to play bf4. Ill play some more but I'm really just not able to get into cod.
  • ackers75
    2393 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This is just one map from a beta.
    With a little fine tuning it can only get better.
  • misisipiRivrRat
    821 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ackers75 said:
    This is just one map from a beta.
    With a little fine tuning it can only get better.
    I hope so. I mean it is good but I really , really hate killstreaks. And honestly , it feels like cod to me because it is.Based on this beta I'm not buying it unless like you say it only gets better. But 
    If I was into bfv I wouldn't even consider cod. But I don't play it. 
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    5483 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 21
    Not sure who thought that enabling killstreaks on 32v32 game mode is a good thing. Now it's not only players spamming them like every 10 seconds but stupid annoucer is also spamming the game with "ENEMY UAV IS DEPLOYED!"
  • ackers75
    2393 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Only big issue is that aim assist ridiculous
  • ELIES-EH
    127 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Anything is better than BFV.
    This is not the first time Ea gave us unfinished game.
    After Anthem, BFV, and battlefront 2. Enough is enough. I did not found my money on the street.

    I WILL NEVER BUY ANY GAME THAT HAS EA LOGO.
  • dbasshooker
    151 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 22
    While BF and COD are both their own games, I really can’t compare them but I can say that COD MW is what I’m going to be playing. I think that BF going to old war was the wrong move.
    Post edited by dbasshooker on
Sign In or Register to comment.