Slebstlader 1916 (Assault)

NuttysKunKs
396 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
I’ve always overlooked this gun when it comes to assault but my goodness. On medium/long range maps it shines and can be used effectively on all maps.

3 bullets to kill at any range with 26 rounds? Holy smokes. Coming from a main medic man where it could theoretically take me 8 13hp bullets to kill at 80m. This gunis just kills galore.

I can kill 8 and wound a 9th with one magazine - quick box reload and I’m off again.

I play it with quick scope - rapid fire - vertical recoil buffer (I think not sure) and bipod with a 3x scope and I’m headshotting snipers all over the place!

Check it out.

Comments

• DaMutha1
    1341 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It's Farquhar-esque.   Meaning I like it.
  • M_Rat13
    1418 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You play medic at range, and don't use the M28?
  • CSO7777
    1478 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Just played with the ZH-29 (haven't touched in ½ a year or so) and was impressed by how good that gun is (it's perhaps the best recon gun), must try the selbstlader next...
  • NuttysKunKs
    396 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    M_Rat13 wrote: »
    You play medic at range, and don't use the M28?

If the opportunity strikes to get a couple of bullets in someone at range I will.

M28 is a beast - only gun I’ve bothered to gold out.

Love the engraving on the launcher lol
  • NuttysKunKs
    CSO7777 wrote: »
    Just played with the ZH-29 (haven't touched in ½ a year or so) and was impressed by how good that gun is (it's perhaps the best recon gun), must try the selbstlader next...

I’m talking about the 1916 assault rifle not the 1906 5 round sniper rifle - although that is a beast too.
  • BrownBreadz
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    CSO7777 wrote: »

I’m talking about the 1916 assault rifle not the 1906 5 round sniper rifle - although that is a beast too.
    The 1906 is amazing in sniper duels if you get a shot in and they miss the headshot, most will assume they are vs a bolt action and after your 1st hit will re-scope you unaware you have 4 more rounds ready to pop and remained scoped, not having to come out of ADS to reload has huge advantages as far as getting off a second shot and tracking targets - personally the only sniper rifle I will use. The damage and fire rate means you can deal with a majority of mid-range combat effectively also.

I've toyed around with the 1916 and personally prefer the Breda once you get your head around toggling single and burst fire as the burst is terrible at long range due to the recoil only the 1st shot will hit unless you have some serious mouse drag skills. Less damage (5shot kill with body shots at range I believe) - Give it a try, I instantly ditched the STG.
  • NuttysKunKs
    (Quote)
    The 1906 is amazing in sniper duels if you get a shot in and they miss the headshot, most will assume they are vs a bolt action and after your 1st hit will re-scope you unaware you have 4 more rounds ready to pop and remained scoped, not having to come out of ADS to reload has huge advantages as far as getting off a second shot and tracking targets - personally the only sniper rifle I will use. The damage and fire rate means you can deal with a majority of mid-range combat effectively also.

I've toyed around with the 1916 and personally prefer the Breda once you get your head around toggling single and burst fire as the burst is terrible at long range due to the recoil only the 1st shot will hit unless you have some serious mouse drag skills. Less damage (5shot kill with body shots at range I believe) - Give it a try, I instantly ditched the STG.

I have to say as good as the 1906 is I’d still take the ZH-29.

Same damage model but you can opt for 6 rounds and box reload. Making it able to kill 3 full health enemies instead of 2.

You can also quickly reload with 5 rounds without putting a round in the chamber - it outshines the 1906 in reloading times.

Also the annoying cartridge ejector that pops up on the last round and ruins your view isn’t there.
  • dayglowfroggy
    602 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I don't rate the 1916 at all! The recoil is bouncing around like nothing else.
    If you like that you should spend some time with the agm42 it's a two hit kill if one is a Headshot otherwise four at range,but very little recoil and hi rate of fire only down side is small mag.
    too many people think it's a downgrade from the m1a1 but that gun is weak and you might as well use an ar if closer.
  • NuttysKunKs
    I don't rate the 1916 at all! The recoil is bouncing around like nothing else.
    If you like that you should spend some time with the agm42 it's a two hit kill if one is a Headshot otherwise four at range,but very little recoil and hi rate of fire only down side is small mag.
    too many people think it's a downgrade from the m1a1 but that gun is weak and you might as well use an ar if closer.

You just need to learn recoil control. Which is predictable - it’s up and slightly to the right.

Hate the Agm42. 4 at any range where it’s 3 for the Sleb and only 11 round mag. Ok high rate of fire but that’s a poor trade off for weak bullets.

The 1916 has 26 rounds with 2 hit to the head to kill = 13 full health enemies with 1 magazine lol
  • Matty101yttam
    1259 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah 1916 is awesome, been trying to tell people but most dismiss it because they have trouble aiming, they also have trouble keeping calm i think because the slow rate of fire means you need to land your shots and not rush/spam them.
    Hits like a truck though for such a big mag.

• NuttysKunKs
    I play on PC so maybe it’s easier to control recoil idk, either way if you do it’s fantastic.

Just gotta make sure you don’t get caught out CQ. Then you’ve got to pray it’s just a noob!
  • superteds
    1205 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    turner is the better all-rounder.

if you're playing on the bipod for 2/3 hit kills you're basically just a recon at that point, and the 1916 does not do well up close.
  • NuttysKunKs
    superteds wrote: »
    turner is the better all-rounder.

if you're playing on the bipod for 2/3 hit kills you're basically just a recon at that point, and the 1916 does not do well up close.

Yeah if you are a potato.

But there are many opportunities throughout a map to use the bipod in medium/long distance engagements.

Yeah the Turner is a better allrounder but I overlooked at how capable the 1916 is.