Weekly Debrief

"There is no visibility issue in this game"

THERAMPAGE_ci0h
170 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/d799e0/i_dont_see_any_visibility_issues_in_this_game/

Enough with this visibility problem that exist since launch ! 

BRING BACK 3D SPOT
REMOVE DISTANT HAZE
Turn down sunlight effect
Tweak soldier's camo color for something different  that are used in the maps
Bring back the original cosmetics color
add contrast on 3D model like in battlefront 2.

Comments

• sabootheshaman
    1099 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So much stupidity in this video that the person was dead either way.

I honestly don’t see a problem. I never did before the recent change to it either.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    5441 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It's not as simple as you may think. 
    Visibility can't be fixed only by tweaking soldier models. Because all maps have issues with palette and most of the time it's one colour prevails making things harder to spot. Like Narvik is all white, Twisted Steel is green, Devastation is gray and so on. Without changing colour palette on maps, other fixes won't affect much.
  • THERAMPAGE_ci0h
    170 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 21
    @llPhantom_Limbll Yeah but if they tweak the soldier's colors for something different that what we have right now in the maps, it could be better ... 
    3D spot will end the camping meta
    Distant haze removal will bring better graphics like we had in the Alpha/beta
    Better quality cosmetics = more people potentially buying it ... 
    Adding contrast like in battlefront 2 for remove the blending effect
  • Matty101yttam
    958 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They only need to disable the forced AA.
    Other than that visibility issues are simply from overly detailed environments that are non-uniform and that have no subconscious recognition.

What i mean by that is for instance in arras streets near E there's never a visibility problem because you can instinctively discern a human shape from the expected roads and buildings.
    However rocky and natural areas don't give you that instinctive mental contrast between the two so you must now actively look but because detail is getting higher what you are looking for becomes smaller and your looking for it in an environment where detail has also become smaller and therefore multiplied.
    Then when your looking for a small give away amongst so much detail you need to focus your attention, narrowing your vision making it again harder because by narrowing and focusing your vision your sacrificing your peripheral vision for the rest of the screen.

It's the same principle that they use to hide waldo in those kids books.

So i don't think those suggestions will work, maybe the camo colour but unless it's something high vis which i'm definitely not suggesting it won't help.

What will help is sticking to more man made environments, encouraging people to move using gameplay elements and keeping visual clutter to a minimum during map design.
    Slower movement also helps since it can give more processing and scanning time for your vision.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    5441 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    @llPhantom_Limbll Yeah but if they tweak the soldier's colors for something different that what we have right now in the maps, it could be better ... 
    3D spot will end the camping meta
    Distant haze removal will bring better graphics like we had in the Alpha/beta
    Better quality cosmetics = more people potentially buying it ... 
    Adding contrast like in battlefront 2 for remove the blending effect
    Like I said, one thing is depending on another. Dice already tweaked soldier visibility back in March or something, yet there are still issues with that. Mostly because of maps being the way they are.
  • Matty101yttam
    958 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Also keep in mind it's mainly an issue for conquest which is a high movement game mode.
    If for instance there was a sniping game mode where players must hunt for each other, then the detail and ability to hide would be a great '+' to the mode and game.
  • sabootheshaman
    1099 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    He’s reloading/switching weapons. He wasn’t getting a shot off either way. He also pretty much Leroy Jenkins’ it.

It’s a known choke point. He has not given himself a chance.
  • tempo_rarity
    1055 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    "who drives like that?"
    . . oh yeah . . 'those' guys  :p
    He should've ran away with one or two bullets inside him , tops . 

^ I'd Vote you up again if I could for that Leeroy mention .

• Kongo030
    655 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I wish visibility was BF V's biggest issue.
  • TFBisquit
    1619 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Kongo030 said:
    I wish visibility was BF V's biggest issue.

I wish it wasn't, because I have little other issues, besides some that are hardly troubling my experience, and I can certainly live with.
  • Sjangsung
    80 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Something like Fjell and rocks :/ you really can not see them!
  • misisipiRivrRat
    819 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    This visibility "issue" is actually one of the best features of the game. You still can't understand that BFV is trying to make you think tactical, instead of running like a headless chicken and shooting the big red markers with whatever OP gun you like. Camouflaged soldiers should be as invisible as possible, you know? Some people still can't understand that before running in the open space, you should check if it's safe.
    I shot plenty of enemies in prior bf's even before they were spotted. But in bfv it's so hard to see the enemies, at least for me.
  • SirTerrible
    1699 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The maps would need a complete redo to fix it I assume, especially in regards to the maps where bushes and trees cause major visibility issues. It would have a dramatic positive effect on the game though I think. Might be worth the huge effort.
  • Blackidus
    229 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    No don´t put back 3D spotting, removing that is the best thing with this game, no more crutches.
    The visibility thing I think has to to with the color pallette they choose for this game, it sometimes hurt my eyes.

For example the snow and sand in BF1 whas so much better and did not hurt my eyes with it´s brightness.
  • CaptHotah
    1090 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    First of all that is a very rare situation. I dont have any visibility issue. Maybe 1 time in 10 rounds i get killed because i didnt see the enemy. Thats hardly a reason to bring back "easy mode 3d spotting" back. Get good.
  • Hawxxeye
    5506 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    CaptHotah said:
    First of all that is a very rare situation. I dont have any visibility issue. Maybe 1 time in 10 rounds i get killed because i didnt see the enemy. Thats hardly a reason to bring back "easy mode 3d spotting" back. Get good.
    Where "good" is obtaining expensive hardware for higher resolutions than 1080 and "game mode" sharpening on those high resolution screens?