This Week in Battlefield V

This is simply the best game ever made by EA.

NelAraby4
8 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
I personally think that this is the best because it's different. Most FPS games have modern, futuristic themes, but this one takes us to the past during a real, tragic event. It's what makes Battlefield 1 immersive. On the same token, it was released a century after World War 1 (well, 98 years, to be exact). I never played Battlefield 4, or 3, or anything before that. They were too similar to games like CS:GO, Titanfall, and Call Of Duty (I'm not saying they're bad). Most of the content in these games are made up. But Battlefield 1 shared real stories, in real places around the world. What I like is the Operation and Campaign stories, too. You truly feel like a soldier playing this game. Does anyone else like what Battlefield 1 has to offer?

Comments

• Forkbeard84
    1608 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 21
    Battlefield One is a really good game man.  Its tightly programmed as well as being historically based.  Runs like a dream and oh the colors and sounds.  I just wish it was currently supported.  We still have some great bloodbaths though.

Post edited by Forkbeard84 on
  • ronybaloney
    277 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Dilly dilly!
  • PackersDK
    757 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited September 21
    Well, I’ve gone back to BF1 because BFV is so god awful. But that doesn’t mean BF1 can’t be absolute bull sometimes. 

I only play Ops so some, not all, my pet peeves are to be seen in that light. They may not be an issue on other modes.

Ilya Muromets
    Out of bounds Mortar Trucks
    Bayonet charge
    General explosive spam
    Terrible spawns (one thing BFV did slightly better)
    Joining completely empty servers
    Joining finished games (“0 battalions left” screen)

I could go on...

So I’m not such a knee padded admirer of BF1, I still have to take a break sometimes because this game annoys me.

All that said, I’ll rather play this any day than BFV...

Post edited by PackersDK on
  • Ronin9572
    904 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    BF1 is my 3rd favorite game of all time, but that's because my 1st 2 are bigger franchises and I have played them a good portion of my life and still do. It's tough in my mind to compete against the Civilization and Romance of the Three Kingdoms series! I didn't play BF till BF3 and I thought that was really good. I wanted to enjoy BF4 but the launch was terrible and that just left a bad taste in my mouth and couldn't go back and play it. When I heard of BF1 I didn't even bother, till a friend of mine told me it was WW1 themed and than I was intrigued. I got the game just before TSNP came out and loved it, even though I was absolutely horrible at it. Finally got Premium pass many months later and I was addicted! Love the WW1 theme, the weapons, the stories, and on and on. Sure the game has a few annoying issues, but I don't care. I was excited about BFV when I heard it was WW2 themed, but than the reveal ruined all that excitement and the betas didn't change my mind on it so I never purchased it. I took a few months off to play RDR2 and now I'm back to playing BF1 daily!
  • boutneus
    2463 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    You don’t wanna grind for gold in red dead online?  :D
  • BigF33t_13
    6677 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I like 4 and bc2 better. But it's still a fun game.
  • Ronin9572
    boutneus wrote: »
    You don’t wanna grind for gold in red dead online?  :D

Just never got into RDO, have tried with every new update. Griefing is a serious problem so unless your running with a posse it's not fun for long. I understand it's PvP, but there are alot of other things I'd like to do in that huge free roam world.
  • Ronin9572
    BigF33t_13 wrote: »
    I like 4 and bc2 better. But it's still a fun game.

Wow how could I have forgotten about BC2! That was the last game I enjoyed on PS3!
  • NelAraby4
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Dilly dilly!

What does that mean?
  • OskooI_007
    769 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 23
    NelAraby4 wrote: »
    Dilly dilly!

What does that mean?

It appears to be a form of ritual toast, meant to express honor or goodwill toward someone.

• ronybaloney
    277 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Lol!  That never gets old.

• NelAraby4
    edited September 27
    OskooI_007 wrote: »
    NelAraby4 wrote: »
    Dilly dilly!

What does that mean?

It appears to be a form of ritual toast, meant to express honor or goodwill toward someone.

Well then. Dilly Dilly!
  • opsis_1
    203 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    BF1&3 most sexy bf ever. Close thread.
  • SteelHooves_MLP
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    BF1 is undoubtedly my favourite game, but the sheer amount of cheating is just ruining it for me time and time again. I will continue to spectate and report to Origin, but it feels like a lost battle at this point. It's a shame. 
  • disposalist
    8594 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    BF1 is undoubtedly my favourite game, but the sheer amount of cheating is just ruining it for me time and time again. I will continue to spectate and report to Origin, but it feels like a lost battle at this point. It's a shame. 
    I used to spectate, record and report, but I think they stopped caring a long time ago.
  • Nutcrusherr
    252 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I only found cheaters on dice official servers.
    Amg servers have pretty active admins and if theres a cheater they deal with it in minutes.
  • PuRePIaY
    183 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Every server is full of cheats, shame to it was a great game.
  • disposalist
    8594 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

I only found cheaters on dice official servers.
    Amg servers have pretty active admins and if theres a cheater they deal with it in minutes.
    There do seem to be more cheaters.  I mean, it's not rife in the EU yet like it apparently has been in Asia for ever, but it's not great.

Definitely best to go to the servers with active admin.

For the millions that EA make you'd think they could afford to pay admins to rove around servers finding and kicking.
  • Nutcrusherr
    252 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    There do seem to be more cheaters.  I mean, it's not rife in the EU yet like it apparently has been in Asia for ever, but it's not great.

Definitely best to go to the servers with active admin.

For the millions that EA make you'd think they could afford to pay admins to rove around servers finding and kicking.

Thats not gonna happen, simply cos they dont give a toilet result about it.
    I do like those fairfight messages tho.
  • SteelHooves_MLP
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    BF1 right now is the best abandonware out there.