This Week in Battlefield V

5 things that Modern Warfare does better than BFV

CaptHotah
1090 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited September 21
1. Modern setting. Yeah this version of WW2 is really underwhelming (so far, for me)

2. Gun customisation. Was really impressed with this ever since they showed it. Miles better than what we have in BFV

3. Cross platform. Having PC and console players play together is really awesome.

4. Realism mode. This is what i always wanted hardcore mode to be. HUD off for everybody.

5.Reload weapon while aiming. This is such a cool feature. A but dissapointed that COD came out with this before BF.

Apart frome these, i didnt like MW beta at all. Same old arcady COD style. Hard pass from me.

Comments

• spychodelics
    218 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    1. - agree
    2. - agree
    3. - nogo for me
    4. - dont care 
    5. - have seens this in some other game before, cool feature! 

• Draxonfly
    177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 21
    I think the cross platform and the gun customisation is cool and interesting. I'm not a fan of the modern setting, realism mode is uninteresting to me (done enough fighting for real, like just relaxing playing a game) and I feel reloading while aiming is just quite silly thing to do.
  • NLBartmaN
    3295 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    You forget: you can see, hear and hit enemies ...
  • ChickenTheTank
    328 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Why would you disagree with cross platform @spychodelics? It will let PC enjoy the wonders of no hackers, which is miles better than BF5 right now. And Halo 5 and Halo MCC have shown you don't need to sacrifice custom maps and modes to have it.

And last I'd heard their plan was to match make based on aiming peripheral, which would be the most balanced way to do it.
  • UraniumReaper
    577 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Why would you disagree with cross platform @spychodelics? It will let PC enjoy the wonders of no hackers, which is miles better than BF5 right now. And Halo 5 and Halo MCC have shown you don't need to sacrifice custom maps and modes to have it.

And last I'd heard their plan was to match make based on aiming peripheral, which would be the most balanced way to do it.

How would it remove hackers? Wouldn't pc players playing against console players increase the cheaters for the console users?
  • ChickenTheTank

How would it remove hackers? Wouldn't pc players playing against console players increase the cheaters for the console users?

A unified build would definitely be in the shape pf matching the consoles. And that means you wouldn't see hackers, but would lose a lot of mod ability.
  • MachoFantast1c0
    2033 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

A unified build would definitely be in the shape pf matching the consoles. And that means you wouldn't see hackers, but would lose a lot of mod ability.

Lol this is so wrong.
  • ChickenTheTank

No, they would force standardized files on PC players to play. The exact way consoles force standardized files to curbe cheaters. You can basically expect a bigger lock down of what parameters could be customized and the game still be allowed to launch.

No custom files, no cheaters. At least got the most part.
  • ChickenTheTank

Lol this is so wrong.

How is it wrong? PC's have hackers, consoles don't. It's the best reason to game on a console imo (not saying there aren't other reasons to enjoy PC instead, I just prioritize this for my personal experience).

It comes down to the operating system and the game files being under much more stringent checks to be able to load and launch the game. I would bet money you'll see something similar in cross platform games.
  • MachoFantast1c0
    2033 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Lol this is so wrong.

How is it wrong? PC's have hackers, consoles don't. It's the best reason to game on a console imo (not saying there aren't other reasons to enjoy PC instead, I just prioritize this for my personal experience).

It comes down to the operating system and the game files being under much more stringent checks to be able to load and launch the game. I would bet money you'll see something similar in cross platform games.
    You are so close but at the same time so far off. Cross-play does not magically transform an open system platform into a closed one. In other words, these two aspects are totally unrelated and independent.