Was I ever wrong!

Comments

• A_al_K_pacino_A
    668 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Definitely not for me.
  • firechickenfan
    472 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Spawning in ground war is EXACTLY the same as conquest.
    Spawn on:
    Friendly flag
    Squad mate not in combat
    Or vehicle
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    2152 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

• BURGERKRIEG
    978 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    In my opinion Ground War is a poor mans BF. I’d say the critics will say it has “potential”.

Almost all the gameplay criticisms levelled at BFV are present here too, some of them magnified. What this beta map shows is obvious in retrospect. You can’t just make a BF like game mode without the years of in house experience.

COD has given birth to a new mode, they have to make all the mistakes before they can refine the product into a viable contender in the future. It really depends on if the COD faithful enjoy it or not to make it worth while putting resources into.

It may always be a sideshow. Only time will tell.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    2152 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

• BeastofBourbon84
    374 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Well it was kinda to be expected. It was cods first few steps in "battlefield terrain".
    And just like bf falls short in being a battleroyal game cod falls short in being battlefield.

But i preloaded the Bata yesterday and see for myself.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    I was gonna download the open beta. Then noticed its like 37GB for XBOX1.  I was like nah.
  • NLBartmaN
    3714 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The spawns need some work, but wow the visibility, netcode, sound and vehicles are so nice.

Players that are done with the poor technical state of BF will be happy with the new CoD and can you imagine it is just a first Beta test and their first try at this, not a company that is doing this for ages and still manage to make something that plays terrible even after a year ...
  • ForbidRhyme
    140 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    How does the voice chat work in Ground War? Is restricted to squad only or is there something like proxy chat?
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    How does the voice chat work in Ground War? Is restricted to squad only or is there something like proxy chat?
    Don't know about squads or mics.  But the two videos I posted above more less sounds like no team work.  Seems every man for them selves.  So more less 1 vs32.  Besides random friendlies running around.  They mentioned hectic chaotic play.
  • Jayjonah916
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    In my opinion Ground War is a poor mans BF. I’d say the critics will say it has “potential”.

Almost all the gameplay criticisms levelled at BFV are present here too, some of them magnified. What this beta map shows is obvious in retrospect. You can’t just make a BF like game mode without the years of in house experience.

COD has given birth to a new mode, they have to make all the mistakes before they can refine the product into a viable contender in the future. It really depends on if the COD faithful enjoy it or not to make it worth while putting resources into.

just here to play devils advocate and say Ground War isnt really all that new for COD. I used to play it alot on the older games especially MW3.

On here it is literally a bootleg battlefield that plays horribly. I hate it tbh
  • ackers75
    2480 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 21
    [removed due to being Bait]
    Post edited by LOLGotYerTags on
  • EoG_Alchemist
    83 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    When a beta runs better than a game that has been out for year....
  • TFBisquit
    1767 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Well, I gave it a go and don't like it. Feels clunky. It's not gonna threat any battlefield game either. Plays totally different. Spawns are next to your enemy, there is little time to get your bearings, although on small maps that shouldn't take long anyway. Not my kinda game, and yes, it's definitely a cod game, like from this decade. Nothing in common with old mw and mw2.
  • OskooI_007
    928 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 21
    The positional audio is so good, I went 27-1 in team deathmatch just listening to footsteps.
    Post edited by OskooI_007 on
  • BURGERKRIEG
    978 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

just here to play devils advocate and say Ground War isnt really all that new for COD. I used to play it alot on the older games especially MW3.

On here it is literally a bootleg battlefield that plays horribly. I hate it tbh
    Fair enough.

Was it 64 player? I think that’s what all the fuss is about.

We will have to see what the maps are like. This one is not great. A standard industrial setting is not exactly interesting. No character. 
  • CHAMMOND1992
    1260 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Ground war is ok. Definitely doesn't feel like its even close to conquest. Might pick this one up for the traditional COD game modes but I will probably never go into ground war. Tbh ground war doesn't really hold a candle to BF's conquest. 
  • CaptHotah
    1122 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This is Modern Warfare

• The_BERG_366
    2456 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN wrote: »
    The spawns need some work, but wow the visibility, netcode, sound and vehicles are so nice.

Players that are done with the poor technical state of BF will be happy with the new CoD and can you imagine it is just a first Beta test and their first try at this, not a company that is doing this for ages and still manage to make something that plays terrible even after a year ...

"the vehicles are nice". Well there you see what kind of tinted glasses you're wearing. you just like everything a priori don't you? these vehicles are the most basic arcady thing ever. the tanks can drive and shoot (in a bad third person view), that's it... nothing else. litterally every game ever that featured driveable tanks provided this...
  • NLBartmaN
    3714 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    "the vehicles are nice". Well there you see what kind of tinted glasses you're wearing. you just like everything a priori don't you? these vehicles are the most basic arcady thing ever. the tanks can drive and shoot (in a bad third person view), that's it... nothing else. litterally every game ever that featured driveable tanks provided this...
    I can defend and take an objective with them ... unlike some other game ...