Weekly BF

CoD Modern Warfare Beta compared to BF V

Comments

• SilkWildey
    1032 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN wrote: »
    (Quote)
    They play out great, having real fun in the Beta in Ground War and I have no doubt it will be even better in the final game, the devs are really communicating with the players and tweak everyting that is possible as fast as possible in this Beta.

I'm the same really enjoying the whole game and the variety but ground war is my favourite upto now...I enjoy that chaos just as I loved it in BF1.

Either way it's a huge step up from BF5 in my opinion, the audio is phenomenal but the lighting needs abit of work.
  • hunk2
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Bad things.

- Any weapon can kill at any distance.
    - Bases do not have respawn protection
    - Too many times respawning behind someone, behind me.
    - Tanks camping or on top of a hill. (BF1 felling)
    - Too much unnecessary sound. This makes it impossible to hear your opponent.
    - Everyonn running around in the buildings, no one is outside in the more open areas. Problem to much killstreaks.
    - Zero destructivity
    - There are squads, but why? The game does not value team play.

Good things

- Quick respawn.
    - Net code looks good.
    - I do not feel disadvantaged I'm playing against a PC player.

• Noodlesocks
    3034 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Game is blurry as heck. I thought BFV was bad but MW takes it to a whole other level. Performance was pretty poor for how bad the game looks.
  • The-Monz
    33 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I've tried ground war on numerous occasions and at different times on xbox one x.Unplayable laggy mess so have uninstalled it.Glad I've played beta as I've saved money.Just wished I'd played the cod WW2 beta too and I'd have saved on that.
    Battlefield even with it's problems is in a different league in gameplay looks and performance goodnight.
  • CloneTrooperCT
    250 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 23
    hunk2 wrote: »
    Bad things.

- Any weapon can kill at any distance.
    - Bases do not have respawn protection
    - Too many times respawning behind someone, behind me.
    - Tanks camping or on top of a hill. (BF1 felling)
    - Too much unnecessary sound. This makes it impossible to hear your opponent.
    - Everyonn running around in the buildings, no one is outside in the more open areas. Problem to much killstreaks.
    - Zero destructivity
    - There are squads, but why? The game does not value team play.

Good things

- Quick respawn.
    - Net code looks good.
    - I do not feel disadvantaged I'm playing against a PC player.

Same for me too as pc player. I am not sure if I buy it. It doesn't feel like a battlefield, with destroyed buildings ,vehicles or even craters.

And the scorestreaks makes it too terrible.
    And camping snipers on the top of buildings with smoothy rifles. Its aim and bang... it's not realistic like in bf1 or 5 or even sniper elite. The distance doesn't matter, you always get hit
    Post edited by CloneTrooperCT on
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1599 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 22
    CoD MW is laughably bad, BFV all is forgiven.

What game engine does CoD use? It looks like something from the 1990's
  • NLBartmaN
    3441 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

An engine that makes sure you can actually SEE, hear and hit your enemies ... and don't get stuck behind every crappy detail they add in a map ...
  • sabootheshaman
    1157 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN wrote: »
    (Quote)
    An engine that makes sure you can actually SEE, hear and hit your enemies ... and don't get stuck behind every crappy detail they add in a map ...

We get it. You can’t be swayed on your opinion.

You’re just repeating yourself, trying to convince everyone of your opinion.
  • NLBartmaN

We get it. You can’t be swayed on your opinion.

You’re just repeating yourself, trying to convince everyone of your opinion.
    If someone says that looking like the 1990's is a bad thing, I can try to show him the other side of that, that maybe that is a good thing ...
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1599 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN said:

Don't make me laugh pal
  • Noodlesocks
    3034 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN said:

Have you played it? I wouldn't exactly call MW a paragon of visual fidelity.
  • NLBartmaN
    I have played it a lot of hours and I can see, hear and hit every enemy in that Beta ... unlike in some other game ...
  • Jarp75
    75 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Honestly, I played the Modern Warfare Beta up to rank 30 and I must say, Battlefield 5 is much better than that game. Though BF5 has many bugs and netcode problems it is way better in my opinion than MW. The netcode of MW is even worse, I would go so far to say that is the worst of any COD so far. Movement feels some kind of clunky compared to BF5 and the graphics can´t also compete with BF.
  • misisipiRivrRat
    847 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN said:
    I have played it a lot of hours and I can see, hear and hit every enemy in that Beta ... unlike in some other game ...
    I don't understand how the visibility is bad for some guys in this beta. Even though cod isn't for me I had no issues seeing enemies. That sort of frustrates me because I can't see jack in bfv, one of the reasons I quit playing.

• Shadders_X
    484 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Hi,
    Played a few hours, and ground war this evening. 

Everything is great except that cannot hear footsteps on ground war, and the map was like a bowl - not designed for strategy, all the action was confined to in buildings, so it was a close quarter twitch shooter despite the map being large. 

Positives things to mention as opposed to reports of BF5 ( i played the beta) -

• Getting back into the action is near instant - fantastic.
    • Can see people.
    • No demolition - which means you can hide in buildings from tanks, helo's etc - fantastic.
    • Can shoot through walls and crates - brilliant. Ammo crates at the flags - so much better than playing with selfish players as per BF who do not give out ammo. Strangely - there is an ammo perk and lots of people were using it. Yet for BF, people just don't care any more.
    • I think there is scavenging too - so adds to game mechanics. 

Regards,
    Shadders_X. 
  • misisipiRivrRat
    847 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Don't know what's up with the quote function [email protected], I wasn't trying to quote you above, just trying to agree with your visibility comments 
  • misisipiRivrRat
    NLBartmaN said:
    I don't understand how the visibility is bad for some guys in this beta. Even though cod isn't for me I had no issues seeing enemies. That sort of frustrates me because I can't see jack in bfv, one of the reasons I quit playing.

NLBartmaN said:
    What I wanted to say is I don't understand how the visibility is bad for some guys in this beta .Even though cod isn't for me I had no issues seeing enemies . That sort of frustrates me because I can't see jack in bfv, one of the many reasons I quit playing 

• V2Face
    2664 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 22
    COD is trash, their take on large maps is awful and cluttered plus the lack of destruction means players can sit outside flags camping with very little penalty. Also UAV destroys any kind of flanking or tactical movement.
  • NLBartmaN
    V2Face said:
    Also UAV destroys any kind of flanking or tactical movement.
    Use Ghost perk and UAV is unable to spot you ... 
  • AssassinoX1
    269 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    After playing, I actually felt bad for whatever I have said about BFV lately. Even with the issues and horrible netcode/ping problems, I STILL rather play BFV than play MW. It was just the same arcadey, UAV infested crap. I felt like I was playing Black Ops 2 again, not something "new and improved". Why make a new engine if you are just going to make it feel so similar? I just wasn't impressed at all.