Was I ever wrong!

Comments

• NLBartmaN
    4484 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I know you have the COD blinders on, but this statement is incredibly inaccurate. Any person who has played ONE game of ground war can see how kill streaks allowed in that mode is a mistake. Not only that, but having any player call a reinforcement as opposed to only the squad leader clearly makes it more likely that stronger kill streaks will happen more often.
    You can get an atillery strike much easier and more often in oneround, takes no effort at all, 90% on a CoD server is unable to do more than 1 reinforcement, because they can't make it to the needed kill streak and kill streaks don't double (doing 2 times 4 = 8 does not give you 2 times the 4 reinforcement.)

I died less than ten times to them in lots of hours of Beta, unlike in BF V where Idie to them multiple times a round, since I play the objective and they are in the open ...

Lethal reinforcements (not uav) in CoD happen a lot less than those in BF V, the last 25% of every CoD round in artillery and V1 spam at its max.

So put of your BF V blinders ...
  • trip1ex
    5183 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
     i tried it.  probably  not for me.  But there's a lot to like.   I feel like the game is more reliable.  That you can trust everything in the game compared to BF.   It's also more straight forward with less bloat than BFV has.  No partial health regen depending on your damage and carried medpacks plus bleed out screen, revives and then buddy revives with their annoying 5 second animation.  There's none of that and that's refreshing.  

But there's too many players.  Go down to 32 or 40.  

Also the buildings have so many areas in them that you can't really play a strategy game across the whole of the map.  This one of my complaints about BFV.  BFV had too many little corridors and bushes and clutter  (mixed with poor visibility) so gameplay was more random than past games.   
  • CHAMMOND1992
    1375 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN said:
    I know you have the COD blinders on, but this statement is incredibly inaccurate. Any person who has played ONE game of ground war can see how kill streaks allowed in that mode is a mistake. Not only that, but having any player call a reinforcement as opposed to only the squad leader clearly makes it more likely that stronger kill streaks will happen more often.
    You can get an atillery strike much easier and more often in oneround, takes no effort at all, 90% on a CoD server is unable to do more than 1 reinforcement, because they can't make it to the needed kill streak and kill streaks don't double (doing 2 times 4 = 8 does not give you 2 times the 4 reinforcement.)

I died less than ten times to them in lots of hours of Beta, unlike in BF V where Idie to them multiple times a round, since I play the objective and they are in the open ...

Lethal reinforcements (not uav) in CoD happen a lot less than those in BF V, the last 25% of every CoD round in artillery and V1 spam at its max.

So put of your BF V blinders ...
    This is simple math. A person can call in 3 types of lethal kill streaks with 5 kills. Most common ones are the cruise missile and cluster strike. 90% of the server doesn't need to use more than one kill streak. All it takes is a party of 4 good players to completely overwhelm the team with kill streaks. Anyone who has played any COD game ever has had this happen to them. I honestly don't even know why I'm arguing with you, you have a response for just about every nonsensical thing you say.
  • NLBartmaN
    This is simple math. A person can call in 3 types of lethal kill streaks with 5 kills. Most common ones are the cruise missile and cluster strike. 90% of the server doesn't need to use more than one kill streak. All it takes is a party of 4 good players to completely overwhelm the team with kill streaks. Anyone who has played any COD game ever has had this happen to them. I honestly don't even know why I'm arguing with you, you have a response for just about every nonsensical thing you say.
    It is simple math: there are a lot more lethal reinforcements in BF V.

Every sqaud gets at least one, without any effort, just playing is enough.

Things like a missile 9 out of 10 times hit nothing because there is a lot of cover in houses and you actually have to aim, unlike a V1 or artillery strike ...

Gettting a 9 or more kill streak happens very rare and maybe 2 players on every 64 player server get that far and even than those reinforcements do not work in houses, unlike the reinforcements in the very wide and open BF V maps.

As said: the last 25% of every BF V game is a big artilllery and V1 spam fest and there is nothing you can do about it except staying far away from the objectives, unlike the big (9kills) reinforcements in CoD, which you can shoot out of the sky and you can stay inside on the objectives.
  • Trokey66
    8951 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm having flash backs to BF1"s Heavy Bomber.

Apparantly there was nothing wrong with that......
  • NLBartmaN
    When you go full Bartman I know there's no point in continuing. 

Never go full Bartman.
    Something with BF V blinders ... 
  • BeastofBourbon84
    672 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Ok Ive come to the conclusion that cod is just not for me.
    Don't get me wrong there's something there that is pretty enjoyable but in the end the experience is really inconsistent for me.
    Sometimes you are scoring 10 killstreak then suddenly you die 5 times in a row...

Maybe that's just me but I only have room for one mp fps in my life and cod just ain't it.
  • warslag
    1606 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I watched a YT video of 64 player CoD:MW and it looked a lot like BF:3 to me. The buildings were similar to some of the ones in Close Quarters and the map was a bit like Damavand Peak with all the mining equipment.

The spawns are just too random for me, although, I'm sure it helps to level the playing field for players of all abilities even though it also turns the game into a complete mess. But then Battlefield has similar random spawn as well.

I think CoD will be trying to take players from all FPS games probably more from the Battle Royal games than BF:V. It'll still pickup a lot of players from BF:V.

The big advantage I can see CoD having is with eSports which will make CoD very popular on YT and Twitch. Many Battlefield players are totally against competitive gaming in BF.
  • The_BERG_366
    2665 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2019
    NLBartmaN wrote: »
    (Quote)
    You mean like a V1 or artillery strike?
    And those are added to the insane OP assault class ...

no, not at all. v1s are something that one squad can call in once (if at all) in one round of cq. they are slow and easy to hear, you can see where they are going. mortar strikes can easily be run through when noticed early enough and its also easily visible where you take damage.
    on the other hand predator missiles just require a singe player to get 4 kills in a row. in bf you get nothing for 4 kills in a row. in fact thst progression towards a V1 is almost negligible. a good player can easily get 5 or even more predator missiles in one round. each super lethal, impossible to dodge and showing every enemy with a red outline. I'm not even gonna get into harrier jets thst shoot through buildings :joy:

I don't like the concept of V1 and mortar strikes either but they are nothing compared to cod killstreaks. I can't belive I have to explain this...
  • The_BERG_366
    2665 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN wrote: »
    (Quote)
    It is simple math: there are a lot more lethal reinforcements in BF V.

Every sqaud gets at least one, without any effort, just playing is enough.

Things like a missile 9 out of 10 times hit nothing because there is a lot of cover in houses and you actually have to aim, unlike a V1 or artillery strike ...

Gettting a 9 or more kill streak happens very rare and maybe 2 players on every 64 player server get that far and even than those reinforcements do not work in houses, unlike the reinforcements in the very wide and open BF V maps.

As said: the last 25% of every BF V game is a big artilllery and V1 spam fest and there is nothing you can do about it except staying far away from the objectives, unlike the big (9kills) reinforcements in CoD, which you can shoot out of the sky and you can stay inside on the objectives.

9 out of 10 times hit nothing? what kind of bot like players are you playing against? :joy:
  • SirTerrible
    1713 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2019
    Ground War is hilariously anti-teamwork. Wanna group up with your squad and try to flank around the outside? 100% guarantee you'll get a killstreak dropped on your face if you're near each other. Being near any teammate outside for more than a few seconds is a death sentence. You either gotta fall asleep while working a braindead choke point or do the exact same solo flank around the buildings over and over again. Zero depth to that mode. I don't know how anyone could have fun playing that for more than 10 hours.
    edit: though I also don't understand how anyone could have fun playing Metro over and over again so I'm clearly just out of touch lol
  • Shadders_X
    486 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Hi,
    I think as with all CoD maps, there are multiple angles of attack from the opponents - where ever you are. So even on ground war map, it is still a twitch shooter at the flags, and near instant death if you are outside from those camping at the edges of the map. 

On the spawn in ground war - had instances of where i spawned on a taken flag and enemy camping in the corner - took many people out multiple times. They do need to work on that. 

Regards,
    Shadders_X. 
  • BtheReaper49
    369 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm not even gonna get into harrier jets thst shoot through buildings :joy:

I don't like the concept of V1 and mortar strikes either but they are nothing compared to cod killstreaks. I can't belive I have to explain this...

Gave the Beta a shot because like many others my patience for BF5 has run out. I really liked the Beta on Thursday and Friday it seemed to work pretty well. For some reason and maybe it was just me but when the weekend came and the masses entered the fray the TTK/TTD just seemed to go to h***. Did they make some changes to the game with their updates? Not sure but what I do know is that I was getting insta melted everywhere within a 1/2 a second. Take 10 steps and then either get destroyed by a tank that was sitting in between the buildings or would get destroyed while inside a building by the harrier jet....c'mon really?!! It could have been enjoyable but it turned out to be nothing but annoying. Gound war tries to be battlefield but in a shoe box while battlefield is battlefield in a sandbox. The points are just too close together and with 32V32 it just becomes an absolute nightmare. Can't blame them for trying though...
  • Ameriken05
    451 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I tried out the MW Beta this weekend because for some reason I believed some of their marketing claiming CoD was going back to some of its roots (and I was a big fan of the original MW games).  If Ground War mode is their swipe at BF then they did DICE a favor because to me all it showcased is just how much more evolved and advanced BF's large battlefield gameplay is (even in BFV).  It really starts with map layout and design, and for all the faults we can find in BFV maps the "large" maps presented in the MW Beta are silly, arcade-like fun houses that contribute to chaos rather than any sort of smooth, tactical experience.  The vehicles feel gimmicky and handle like RC cars, there are no incentives to work as a team, and weapons and killstreaks are completely out of control - it's like they literally took the traditional modes and copied and pasted it to be 4 x larger, never considering any other sort of balancing/new game mechanisms.

I converted from CoD to BF a long time ago and have not really been tempted back until MW was teased.  CoD trying to do BF appears to be a big mistake as it just highlighted everything BF does better (even in a somewhat broken game).  If Activision was smart they would have just done another Battle Royale with a modern flavor.  I'm still holding out hope some of their smaller game modes have better maps on deck with the full release, and who knows maybe they will try to adjust fire on Ground War so it doesn't feel so amateurish - but as of now I'm a bit disappointed in what I experienced and am back to hoping DICE hits the ball out of the park with the Pacific release.  There's definitely a new opportunity after Activision went for the death punch and and appears to so far have missed...

CPT CALIGULA
  • Shadders_X
    486 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Hi,
    Played MW for a few more hours - Ground War. 

In the end it is frustrating and badly designed. 
    • You do not need to be on target to get a kill - the kill cam with a sniper - all you need to do is get close, and you get the kill. Saw this multiple times.
    • I think there were keyboard and mouse players - as their immediate accuracy for multiple kills was excellent in the kill cam. 
    • Cannot hear other players footsteps, so it is a worse twitch shooter. 
    • Lots of bunny hopping around - not sure if there is aim assist - but i did see a few times my scope being pulled off aiming. 
    • There seems to be laser accuracy with all guns at vast distances. In the kill cam, very short barrelled guns killing at very long distances. Even i achieved this - it was good, but in the end, why have different weapons, if they are all the same ?
    The game is a frantic melee which reminded me of Unreal Tournament, and Ground War with the mechanics of the game in no way is comparable to BF. MW will never offer tactical gameplay - it is just an arena style game. For me, i am glad i played the beta, and will not be buying. Back to BF4.

Regards,
    Shadders_X.
  • Ameriken05
    451 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Gave the beta half an hour then came back to bf5 and breathed a sigh of relief.
    No thanks cod is still cod nothing new there the hype was just hype.
    Yeah I've ignored CoD for over a decade and they kind of fooled me into thinking they were going to make this one better.  Seemed like the exact same game just with more realistic weapons and beardo characters.  I would have really enjoyed a real MW sequel - those games were pretty fun.  But yeah nothing like seeing an amateur presentation of conquest to make you appreciate what you have (even if we are still struggling to have a real WW2 game).  Hell I think BF4 has more going on than CoD MW...
  • ackers75
    2651 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Ameriken05 wrote: »
    (Quote)
    Yeah I've ignored CoD for over a decade and they kind of fooled me into thinking they were going to make this one better.  Seemed like the exact same game just with more realistic weapons and beardo characters.  I would have really enjoyed a real MW sequel - those games were pretty fun.  But yeah nothing like seeing an amateur presentation of conquest to make you appreciate what you have (even if we are still struggling to have a real WW2 game).  Hell I think BF4 has more going on than CoD MW...

I agree bf4 is probably better than the new modern warfare and it’s certainly far superior to battlefield v by rather a large margin
  • Ameriken05
    ackers75 said:
    Ameriken05 wrote: »
    (Quote)

I agree bf4 is probably better than the new modern warfare and it’s certainly far superior to battlefield v by rather a large margin
    I'm not sure I'm going to to go that far.  Unlike a lot of people I remember the dark days of BF4 when it was difficult to join servers and nearly impossible to squad join (in fact that wasn't even a feature for a long time).  I still think BF4 had some of the weakest DLC and though in the end it was a fun game I'm not sure I would say it's leaps and bounds ahead of BFV (at least at the same point in its life).  BFV has a lot of features BF4 did not have and if they ever actually polish BFV up it would be right there next to BF4 (discounting preference for modern vs WW2).  But that's a big IF - lots of work to do on game modes and content, as well as some of the lingering bugs.

But yeah let's just agree that both BF4 and BFV are better than CoD MW :)