TTK and weapons balance in BF5

Nic727_1
91 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
HI,

I tried the beta of COD Modern Warfare and lot of people are talking about short TTK. It may seem a bit ridiculous and annoying to be killed each 5 seconds in this game because of the chaos in Ground War (that's another problem), but on the other side of things, Battlefield 5 devs nerfed/buffed so many things that it's not realistic anymore. Take for example tanks who can't kill enemies point blank with the canon in one shot. Or aircraft who are doing almost no damage while strafing. Also now all weapons are doing almost all the same damage. But in reality, all weapons have different caliber, different recoil, different aiming speed, etc. Why do you need to balance things each update?

Whatever, just a though I had this morning.

Comments

• MrCamp121
    1020 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    My TTD is so fast since 4.4 a lot of the time im dead before i can even fire a single round even though on my screen ive shot first. Ttk in Mw seems instant
  • BtheReaper49
    370 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    BF4 and BF1 (before TTK 2.0) got it right. Went back to playing some BF4 with friends and gotta say the gun fights are pretty engaging and you never feel like you get insta melted. I wish they would have just stuck with that in BF5 but instead the tried to go more the Cod route which just doesn't work. I really hope battlefield scales back the TTK/TTD for the next installment.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    2617 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    BF4 and BF1 (before TTK 2.0) got it right. Went back to playing some BF4 with friends and gotta say the gun fights are pretty engaging and you never feel like you get insta melted. I wish they would have just stuck with that in BF5 but instead the tried to go more the Cod route which just doesn't work. I really hope battlefield scales back the TTK/TTD for the next installment.
    Why not instant melt?  If I see 4 or 5 guys that don't see me I wanna melt them.  Not have some crazy suppression fire where I get 5 assists while i'm dead.  When DICE buffed suppression for BF3/BF4 and nerfed plenty of weapons that's when I moved back to Bad Company 2 until Hardline came out. 
    Hardline still has the best bullet damage.  Then BF1 came out and I hated that game.  BF5 is perfect.  At least until you stay in same server for 5+ matches.  Then seems the servers forget pings and netcoding and hit reg then my Model 18 ends up being a 3 shot kill when it should be 2.  But that should be cleared up when out of region players get using RSP when that's released hopefully.
  • THERAMPAGE_ci0h
    258 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Console server can't handle a fast TTK, add the insane amount of lag compensation and that's lead to instadeath/death at cover issues.
  • 6r67uvv1n25z
    129 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    We should be able to kill faster. Not slower. Hardcore is superior
  • ninjapenquinuk
    2220 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    With TTK I think we need a sweet spot where if you get the jump on 2/3/4 enemies at close ranges then you should be able to kill them all with magazine of an msg/ar/lmg, but at medium-long ranges there should either be a greater damage drop off or less accuracy so that people aren't being melted almost instantly.
  • GrizzGolf
    1335 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I felt the MW TTK was WAY better than BFV to be honest
  • Amgtree
    154 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Funny how bf3 ttk was just as low and has the best gunplay. Bf4 is a snoozefest in regards to gunplay. Spent most of my time in vehicles or sniping because it's so boring and slow.

Bfv seems to have done the impossible and somehow make all the guns feel like lasers and feel absolutely useless at the same time.

They also all feel similar. All the low rpm guns feel the same. All the "high" rpm guns feel the same. The only variety in weapons are gimicks like the boys at and mmg that annoy half the player base. Great variety when someone with 10 hours can experience all the game has to offer in terms of gunplay.

Tank combat is also trash. You can honestly ignore enemy tanks because they do so little damage to each other.
  • CSO7777
    1722 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I really think BF4 netcode is really bad and BF4 has a lot more TTD issues than even BFV. And I don't think the TTK is much higher in BF4 than it is in BFV, perhaps at medium/long-range, but not for CQC.

For me personally, BF1 with TTK2.0 was pretty good and the netcode could handle it (most of the time). BF1 without TTK2 was slower than BF4 (for many weapons) and most lmgs were not really working well because of this (like SMGs in BFV).

Regarding gun-play, BF1 was random bullet spread galore and BF4 was tap-fire-meta, BFVs guns feels better than that.