Why do we italians have to pay money to play with our uniforms?

Legatus_Italicus
394 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
edited September 2019
What the hell Dice!!! On behalf of the italian community, we're very disappointed and angry with your company!

First Cavalleria, which is a super ugly-bad-made copy of an officer uniform. Now you give us the Alpini one, even not realistic because Alpini had a feather on their hats or helmets. The one you're selling are of Bersaglieri and yet, we have to also pay boins again to use this skin as well. Italy has one of the largest Battlefield communities in Europe, and this is how you treat us????? We have to pay real money to play with our stuff?

Also what's wrong with the uniforms and gas masks. Why dont you make real uniforms????

Can some EA dudes like mr Braddock et cetera to come and give us a decent reply here? Thanks
(profanity removed by moderator)

Post edited by Carbonic on

Comments

• F1sherOrigin
    39 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Geez, this is hilarious :D quite typical these days
  • Carbonic
    1826 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Amgtree said:
    Carbonic wrote: »
    The logic that goods of, or inspired by, a specific nationality should be free to people of that nationality escapes me. Do Italians get free Ferraris while the rest of us have to pay? :D

Maybe it's that major participants of a war shouldn't be locked behind a paywall in an AAA world 2 game.

Maybe it's because the only "updates" that get added on regular basis are not new content or fixes but half baked attempts to nickel and dime the playbase.
    Now you are just trying to change the subject. Those are two unrelated arguments ie. not the argument I was talking about.
  • Amgtree
    154 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    My first point is directly related to what op said. Second is in response to this general trend that this game takes with its monetization and probably leads to op's frustration.

All you got was "if I'm Italian then I deserve Italian skins" which is really silly.

Don't know if you simply couldn't understand that or were trying to deflect to something you could easily defend
  • CSO7777
    1710 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    We all knew that some cosmetics would cost money and instead new maps and weapons would be free.

I really don't understand people whining about this, you could say that things are not worth their price (due to low quality), but not being given something for free, that was never promised for free, just makes people look like crybabies. Almost all games works by this model now and in all games people are whining, because they feel 'entitled' to things that was always meant to be payed content.

If you don't like the skins don't buy them, it's the only way Dice can learn what kind of skins gamers want and what price they can charge for them.
  • Draxonfly
    211 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I am italian. I am not disappointed or angry at all. I find op just silly and petty.
  • Matty101yttam
    1349 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The skin isn't yours you didn't make it.
    It is not a uniform but a digital mesh that scales and moves pixels to form an image which then resembles a uniform. That mesh takes money to make that they themselves outlay.
    ie. it's not yours, you didn't make it or pay for it, but feel free to thank them for deciding to choose that uniform over someone elses.

Also when you want free stuff it's a good idea to not insult the person you want it from by sledging their efforts.
  • CoD_Is_Number_1
    309 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2019
    Halcyon_Creed_N7 said:
    So I guess Brits and Germans got this game for free by that logic.
    To be fair, there are British and German uniforms in the game that you can unlock with the in game currency. Nothing for Italians other than paid (unless you count a single helmet which you could only obtain one week).

Oh actually, that Ruvido looks like it's Italian and you can get that with regular currency. No helmet though.
  • SuperiorByGender
    3235 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Because Swedes made this game, not Italians. Case closed.
  • Amgtree
    154 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    CSO7777 said:
    We all knew that some cosmetics would cost money and instead new maps and weapons would be free.

I really don't understand people whining about this, you could say that things are not worth their price (due to low quality), but not being given something for free, that was never promised for free, just makes people look like crybabies. Almost all games works by this model now and in all games people are whining, because they feel 'entitled' to things that was always meant to be payed content.

If you don't like the skins don't buy them, it's the only way Dice can learn what kind of skins gamers want and what price they can charge for them.
    enjoy your garbage payed f2p game known as bfv
  • xXMatte_RktXx
    27 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I get what the op is saying. As a Italian player myself i also would love to use some authentic italian uniforms on my soldiers and not always having to apply british, americans uniforms etc... But guess these countries have some sort of privilege on being showcased?
  • ninjapenquinuk
    2214 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I get what the op is saying. As a Italian player myself i also would love to use some authentic italian uniforms on my soldiers and not always having to apply british, americans uniforms etc... But guess these countries have some sort of privilege on being showcased?
    As a Brit, i'd also like to be able to apply some authentic uniforms not some dodgy US/UK hybrid that DICE have made
  • disposalist
    8837 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Unless you are a WW2 veteran, they aren't *your* uniforms.  Even if you were, it'd be a silly argument.
  • GenCuster
    159 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2019
    However, the "HUGE" error of "NOT" still.... remains
    "Bersagliere" is a soldier with a helmet,
    with on the right side "50 feathers of grouse",
    and gallons on the arm pointing downwards.
    But to call it "Alpine" which should have gallons pointing upwards,
    and "1 crow feather" on the left side with a rosette of various colors that indicate the "division" of belonging ....
    not a small company of friends ........ "DIVISION" to make people understand the importance of such an army.
    It would be like putting on the head a "Basque amaranth" and a "Pegasus" on the shoulder of a German submariner.
    A little wikipedia search for Devs of an AAA game I think is the minimum required.

• Major_Pungspark
    1561 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Well, considering the Italian war effort is that not a good thing?
  • CSO7777
    1710 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Amgtree said:
    CSO7777 said:

enjoy your garbage payed f2p game known as bfv
    I never said I liked this business-model, I'm old (50 years) and would never spend money on in-game cosmetics, but I would spend money on DLCs if that was in the game still.

The amount of content has not been great, but in reality much DLC-content in the older titles wasn't really that good either. A lot of the maps were often pretty bland, and quickly became ghost-towns, because not enough players bought the DLC to keep the maps running. If they deliver fewer, but good maps it would be fine, only so far the new maps has been more or less the same quality as maps in the old DLC-model and we haven't got that many - but at least all players play on the maps and they are all in the rotation.

I don't think the business model is the problem for BFV, it was a rushed release and now they have to repair the damage instead of making new content, and I really believe they would rather make new content than fix bugs.
  • Fedayi_ARM
    57 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Guys! Guys! I was trying to figure this one out since yesterday - and I think I got it!

Italians can play with one of like 30 free skins available, even though they are not Italian, if it is such a problem to buy the Italian skin!

The fact that I am not German nor British and still use those skins helped on this one!

You are welcome.
  • SlowOldWarrior
    461 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Total lack of cultural sensitivity!   OP wants a period accurate Italian uniform, instead he will probably get DICE's version of Mario's plumber outfit - sorta like the German Phantom of the Opera.

Wanna bet if we get Colonel Klink next?