Al Sundan breakthrough feedback

tamatem13
159 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
Please reduce (push back) the available zone for defenders on flag A (breakthrough).
Basically, push them away from the attackers spawn flag area.

The defenders can basically go all the way behind the attacking player who are still at their spawn zone and heading to A.
This is not fair for attackers who are already at a disadvantage on such an open map.

Comments

• filthmcnasty
    851 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I expected more vehicles
  • ChickenTheTank
    834 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Build the trenches and you'll be fine
  • tamatem13
    159 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

That won't do anything.
    They camp behind the attacking team...wait for attackers to go towards A flag, then start killing them (beacons and squad respawns for defenders make their numbers a problem behind attacking team).
  • ChickenTheTank
    834 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    tamatem13 wrote: »

That won't do anything.
    They camp behind the attacking team...wait for attackers to go towards A flag, then start killing them (beacons and squad respawns for defenders make their numbers a problem behind attacking team).

I disagree, because the first game I played I had your problem. The second game I played, we built our fortifications, had firing lines on defenders, and overwhelmed them pretty quickly.

I know there were different players involved, but the fortifications definitely help a ton
  • mike2289
    40 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2019
    Best way to get through A, use medic and use all the smoke you got and throw it towards the middle areas of the bridge, it will break enemies line of site and give time for your team to push through. Strategy👍
  • jroggs
    1224 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I played on the defending team once and although there were some very close calls we held at the first sector for the win.

I played on the attacking team twice and it was a tough fight but we broke through the first sector both times. The first time we did it with ~210 tickets left, but the server crashed in the second sector. The second time we broke through with ~130 tickets left, and we fell just short of winning the match.

On defense in the first sector, the keys are to keep your fortifications in good repair, hit enemy armor with AT weapons regularly to discourage them from pushing, and keep pushing back the front line forward. On the attack, use smoke, speed, and shock to create chaos, penetrate the enemy line, and slaughter the defenders with close quarters fighting they're not equipped for while minimizing your exposure to the campers well behind the front lines.

Regarding side flanks, the basin side is very exposed to snipers and machine gunners, and you should probably avoid it unless you're in a vehicle. The waterfall side has some very good flanking terrain, though.

As a side note, I'd love to see what a properly spec'd Staghound or Valentine could do with a fast bridge push. I think you'd get killed either way, but if you could get there before the enemy had time to build AT obstacles I think you could disrupt the defenders so badly that your fellow attackers could push straight in and gain an unshakable foothold. I never get the tank at the beginning of the match, but if someone else gets a chance to try that, let me know how it went.
  • filthmcnasty
    851 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I agree with the OP, I don't think the defenders should be able to cross the attackers side of the bridge. That or make more room on the attackers side, the bridge side spawn is terrible.
  • Hawxxeye
    7750 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I think that when it comes to buffing attackers the best ways is to give them more vehicles for the problematic sectors
  • gailjon
    78 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Many people don't build fortifications enough. Just get them done and keep topping them up when they get damaged.  It really helps when you just need to get out of the way for a little while!
  • VRtroper
    183 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The problem is the same as always, excess sniper on the server and long-range optics in the vast majority of weapons.

This problem makes battles over long distances, so it is frustrating to attack flags on foot.

Everyone struggles with far-reaching sights, it is something I don't understand because they have allowed it. Are Battlefield users blind? I don't see any reason why all the weapons of the different roles of the game should carry this kind of optics in the weapons.
  • xXMatte_RktXx
    27 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Al Sundan in breakthrough is a hellfest of hil camping tanks (for the attackers) and r*******snipers that will never move an inch to defend their objectives. Only one time i managed to win in defense, because the overmentioned hilltankers were more interested in showing everybody how to NOT play this game by just killing infantry and forgetting about capping. Such a bad category of players that will quit the game as soon as they face a good player that manages to destroy their hilltank.
  • JediMastaWyn
    586 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Defenders on first sector could probably do with another artillery piece as the one on the bridge is basically a headshot magnet. 
  • A_al_K_pacino_A
    1095 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It's just reminded me why I don't play much breakthrough despite enjoying the mode. You need 20 of your team willing to get on the flag and if you don't have that you won't have a fun time.
  • Marcusspinner
    286 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Maybe a plane for the attackers?
  • Noodlesocks
    3631 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Al Sundan breakthrough has the same problem all of the new BFV maps do. Large open approaches with little cover to the first objectives and a very generous 'out of bounds' area for the defenders. Granted it is not nearly as bad as Marita (should honestly just be removed from rotation until fixed) but it is not nearly as good as most of the launch maps.
  • trip1ex
    5228 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It's just reminded me why I don't play much breakthrough despite enjoying the mode. You need 20 of your team willing to get on the flag and if you don't have that you won't have a fun time.
    Exactly.  It is has nothing to do with map balance. 
  • DukeSan27
    1297 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    One half decent Tank on the hill can clear the bridge easily. Look for the curved road just above where the bridge starts. You are pretty safe from Infantry up there. And take out the German supply depots while you are there, and German Tank is out of commission.
  • DukeSan27
    1297 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Al Sundan breakthrough has the same problem all of the new BFV maps do. Large open approaches with little cover to the first objectives and a very generous 'out of bounds' area for the defenders. Granted it is not nearly as bad as Marita (should honestly just be removed from rotation until fixed) but it is not nearly as good as most of the launch maps.
    Actually, 90% of the games I played, the attackers won. Just too many tickets. 
  • mitchpic
    65 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Love this map on both breakthrough and conquest, performance issues need fixing still though.

It could do with a few tweaks here and there but its without doubt the best map on BFV so far.

I would perhaps add another tank or two on breakthrough for the attackers and maybe another artillery gun for the defenders. I find that sometimes on the attackers side there will be a tank that camps at the spawn area and doesn't have any intention of actually taking the flag, it's also nearly impossible to damage this tank from a defenders point of view.

Overall I feel good map just need some more transport on conquest and 1 or 2 more tanks on breakthrough and some more tweaking/improvements on Flag A.