Now this is Battlefield.

ProAssassin2003
3865 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Al Sundan is pure Battlefield on Breakthrough and Conquest and it's glorious. Easily the best Map in the game.

Big great cover, amazing visuals, elevation, caused Battlefield moments.

Great job DICE. This is what the community wants is every map to be like this then you can have your one Meat Grinder Map.

Comments

• Godmodegta
    509 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I haven't tryed the map, is it really that good? :o
  • FatherDed
    292 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Definitely. It's like everything they worked on came together in that map. For me that's up there with the wow of playing bt2 for the first time.

I think they underestimated the effort in developing big maps in bfv with the level of detail, the destrucitibilty, the visuals, the effects etc. That's why we've had so many smaller maps like marita, Provence and Loften. Think they put too much resource into firestorm too that could have been used better doing maps like this.

You can see how much its stretching the hardware too - when playing Breakthrough and theres a lot going on at one time and the frame rate drops

But when it all comes together like Al Sundan, its utterly brilliant.
  • Noodlesocks
    3631 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    FatherDed said:
    Definitely. It's like everything they worked on came together in that map. For me that's up there with the wow of playing bt2 for the first time.

I think they underestimated the effort in developing big maps in bfv with the level of detail, the destrucitibilty, the visuals, the effects etc. That's why we've had so many smaller maps like marita, Provence and Loften. Think they put too much resource into firestorm too that could have been used better doing maps like this.

You can see how much its stretching the hardware too - when playing Breakthrough and theres a lot going on at one time and the frame rate drops

In my experience, small/urban maps take the longest to make because it needs to feel like a place that is lived in. Less effort in making a large field look like a field than making a village look like a village.
  • ChickenTheTank
    834 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2019
    I had a ton of fun on breakthrough. The distance the first zone stretches on the first sector gives some awesome long range fire fights that I haven't seen much in other maps. It's definitely got some unique gameplay to it, and if they can improve performance on the map, I think it could be a stand out. (It had the best part in the Ch4 trailer I thought too >.> )

I even liked the round I played on Conquest, and I haven't enjoyed conquest since BF4.

Pro‐tip, Conquest C flag gets pretty beefed up if you build all the fortifications. It has an AA gun that has a huge field of view, a pak cannon that looks towards B and covers the whole road leading to the point, and an infantry firing box looking towards E and F.
  • MintySSD
    132 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I agree, I don’t play break through but it was great on conquest i definitely love the map. But in saying that;

Flags C & D on conquest will be a sniper camping fest. If you take C it’s like shooting fish in a barrel when the enemy are at D.

One game I played last night legit both teams were just in an all out battle to take both C & D the AA gun at C is great.

It will also be great for support and tanker role plays as well.
  • sabootheshaman
    1259 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @ProAssassin2003 genuinely happy that you’re enjoying the game bunj.

It feels good to me but I’ve only played it twice although I played it a lot in squad conquest.
  • okiie_918
    159 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The haze ruins it for planes really it's to much. I hate the weather effects personally its way to much.
  • BeastofBourbon84
    728 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Some low res textures on rocks and weird formations but all in all I like it.
    I never played sp so it's completely new to me ;)
  • opsis_1
    255 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Getting bf 1942 feelies here. 
  • bran1986
    5913 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Most fun I've had playing in a while.
  • mike2289
    40 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Is it me or is visibility pretty good on the map?
  • Blackidus
    355 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I really like the map too, it gives you that classic Battlefield feeling with all out war with infantry and a lot of vehicles.

Another good thing about the map is actually visibillity wich I think is better in this map.
    It does have a much better color pallette than Hamada for example where the sand can get so bright it hurts your eyes.
    The colors of this map does resemble the ones from the desert maps of BF1 wich I prefer, my eyes dont hurt after playing it.
  • bran1986
    5913 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I think the visibility is quite good on the map. Only issue I had was the bushes on the left side of the bridge on Sector A. Other than that seeing enemies wasn't an issue at all.
  • Tactical_wizzzeR
    351 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I thought I was so clever I used a light tank to get rid of the camping Churchill... I had a rude awakening, the other guy used a Staghound and surprised me on the mirage fields, it was a tense chase and I lost. even though I lost I've got them real Battlefeels.
  • dayglowfroggy
    623 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think this map is great in both modes reminds me of large bf4 maps with a good choice of directions.
    You are really punished if you don't use smoke and try to take direct routes but there are normally lots of alternative ways.
    I like to consider myself a smoke expert these days so could carry the team in and out of objectives.
    It is a snipers dream there seemed to be an out of bound s camping problem above b not sure if that was close to there spawn so only out of bound to our side but easy enough to pick them off if you change angles.

Makes me want to take up flying again.
  • Tosasan_HUN
    106 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    mike2289 said:
    Is it me or is visibility pretty good on the map?

i play yesterday BT in this map and the first part under the mountain shadowed riverside its a darken area enemy got glowing aura easly see them if i go home i make a screenshot.
  • VincentNZ
    3885 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    FatherDed said:

In my experience, small/urban maps take the longest to make because it needs to feel like a place that is lived in. Less effort in making a large field look like a field than making a village look like a village.

Quite true. Urban environments take much longer to make. It stands to reason. They tweeted months ago that Devastation took a year to develop, more than any other map. A "true" BF map is basically a huge sloped field with assets sprinkled over it, that do not need to be filled. No real lanes to cover, few map flow considerations etc.. just wide areas with long and wide sightlines.
    DICE does not understand that players want combined warfare, which does not mean Aerodrome, Panzerstorm or Marita and Fjell, where engagement ranges are either very high or very low. They want maps that flow and allow varying playstyles without limiting them to a certain area/weapon/vehicle.
  • johnkapa1
    293 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    not enough vehicles
    yeah they need more transport becasue you travel so far in some places. They really need a motorcycle in the game. 
  • clouseau2112
    221 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Definitely a nice addition...I (we) needed a new map desperately. Beautifully done, nice elevation variation...looks great, plays great.
    Didn't realize how long a Breakthrough match can take to be quite honest. I'm a Conquest guy through and through.

So, whats the next map on the horizon for the big game modes...anyone??