[Megathread] BFV and Cheating Discussion

Comments

• VOLBANKER
    1623 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    @TyroneLoyd @LEMSDK What’s your thoughts on good players getting wrongly accused of cheating? See my post above
  • SirBobdk
    5137 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    VOLBANKER said:
    @TyroneLoyd @LEMSDK What’s your thoughts on good players getting wrongly accused of cheating? See my post above
    Wrong accusation of cheating is annoying, but a minor issue and does not affect gameplay. It is a symptom of a non-transparent system and a lack of trust.
    Only option is to give players confidence in the system, and this can't happen with the current system.
    You cannot educate players to see the difference between good players and cheaters unless it is an obvious aimbot and they are imo in the minority.
    Even experienced players need to spend time in spectate to determine cheating or not.
    You can implement a "cheat factor, 0-5" which may indicate cheat, but it will be based on stats and cannot see if people are using for eksampel wh.
    I have played with several clan "pro" players during the last 15 years which I knew and defended online, but turned out to be cheating.
    Until the AC problem is solved good players just have to take it as a compliment.
  • F1sherOrigin
    39 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Personally, I've encountered the cheaters in BFV not too often, despite playing it literally every day. There are more of them than in BF1, but still it's not even close to the numbers of BF3-4, where sometimes you couldn't play on official servers because they were plagued by cheaters.

My thoughts on solving this problem are quite banal.

1) private servers program where admins can kick / ban people for cheating
    2) please return votekick / voteban command - I was asking about that since BF1 beta :)
  • jroggs
    1197 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    SirBobdk wrote: »
    (Quote)
    Wrong accusation of cheating is annoying, but a minor issue and does not affect gameplay.

I disagree. False or mistaken cheating accusations and reports are not a minor issue and they do ultimately impact gameplay.

The goal of reporting issues is for those reports to be taken seriously and given real examination so that problems can get fixed. This takes dedicated personnel, time, and resources, all of which are limited commodities.

We as a player base need to make the best use of this function that we can. If we submit fewer but more clear and actionable cheating reports, then this function can hopefully operate smoothly and take effective actions. But if we bury these support staff in lots of reports that are false or useless, this resource is wasted and cheaters just keep cheating while overburdened and increasingly jaded support personnel cannot identify and resolve problems.

This means problems persist, which affects gameplay negatively, or more resources have to be poured into the anti-cheating workload, which is time and money spent not improving the game in other ways, which affects gameplay negatively.
  • SirBobdk
    5137 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2019
    jroggs said:
    (Quote)
    Wrong accusation of cheating is annoying, but a minor issue and does not affect gameplay.

The goal of reporting issues is for those reports to be taken seriously and given real examination so that problems can get fixed. This takes dedicated personnel, time, and resources, all of which are limited commodities.

you're right, I can see what you mean. But the wrong accusation is a symptom of a system that's not working. There's a reason why most think good players are cheating.
    If people have fait in the system fewer wrong reports will be made. A report system should not be necessary if there is a proper AC and it's transparent, and it should not be the players' job to ensure a clean environment. It will always just end up in to many reports.
  • jroggs
    1197 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    you're right, I can see what you mean. But the wrong accusation is a symptom of a system that's not working. There's a reason why most think good players are cheating.
    If people have fait in the system fewer wrong reports will be made. A report system should not be necessary if there is a proper AC and it's transparent, and it should not be the players' job to ensure a clean environment. It will always just end up in to many reports.

True, the goal should be for the AC system itself to do the bulk of the work sorting out attempted cheaters. But player reporting is a critical part of that process, because it helps the devs assess evolving problems and fine-tune the system to compensate, and that's essential because cheaters are always creating new workarounds to get an edge and ruin the game for everyone else.

I don't know how many people go through the trouble reporting a player they think "must have been cheating," but I get a haccusation every month or so and I'm just a moderately above average player on console, so I imagine false reporting is probably ludicrous for very good players on PC.
  • Nutcrusherr
    323 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Personally, I've encountered the cheaters in BFV not too often, despite playing it literally every day. There are more of them than in BF1, but still it's not even close to the numbers of BF3-4, where sometimes you couldn't play on official servers because they were plagued by cheaters.

My thoughts on solving this problem are quite banal.

1) private servers program where admins can kick / ban people for cheating
    2) please return votekick / voteban command - I was asking about that since BF1 beta :)

If there are more of them here than in bf1 thats just sad. I play bf1 every day and only play on amg server and just on that server alone i see fairfight message about 20-30 ppl were banned in the last 24hrs. Now i can only imagine the other 20 servers not to mention the dice official ones.

Also lets not forget that ppl can hide their cheat rly well which is worst than blatant cheating imo.
    You may never know who uses wh or slight esp and in bf5, where theres no anticheat turned on you will never rly know until we see some numbers.
  • SteveZee
    359 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2019
    VOLBANKER said:
    These types of posts need to stop. NOBODY HAS ANY IDEA whether cheats are OVERESTIMATED, or UNDERESTIMATED. Thats not the issue. The issue is its here and is a problem. The issue is that the game allows, too easily, for people to get away w/ it. Look up soft hacking. People love to run around accusing others of hackusations and simply think they know that players are good or bad. The fact is they dont. 

And its the fact that the game has no real good anti cheat that's to blame. 
    Post edited by SteveZee on
  • SteveZee
    359 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2019
    Just because people wrongly accuse others of cheating IS IN NO WAY an excuse NOT to have a working client based anti cheat.

I just watched a game w/ several hackers in it. All lvl 87+. HERO squad. Well known cheaters. SK group not even trying to hide. Aimlocking, and walling.  If they can do it, then imagine how many can get away w/ soft hacking.
    Post edited by SteveZee on
  • SteveZee
    edited September 2019
    Spectated another game. US server. 5 pings over 245, and wouldn't ya know it? At least 2 hackers not even trying to hide it. That's 2 servers ive found within 5 minutes of eachother where there are blatent cheaters. LVL 72 and 80. these guys have been allowed to play this game for 10+ days. Game reports go back to march 1 on BF V stats.

THese people are ducking the system. And the problem is rampant. No matter what people want to think.

2 SERVERS within 5 minutes i caught cheaters. Imagine how many more i could have spotted. 

But lets not kid ourselves here. 35 games up means the game is dying anyways. And this is a weekday. Weekends are probably worse.
  • SteveZee
    Just found another one w/ clear cheaters playing. That's 2 American servers. OUt of the 3 that were up lol.
  • MusicienElegant
    232 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    QU4NT0R wrote: »
    1. BF5 is in Need of a working Anti-Cheat. I would suggest to use Battle-Eye (I know it'll cost you Money) as nearly ALL Cheat-Developers have stopped to provide cheats for Battle-Eye protected games as most of their hacks were detected by it. Since BF3 those usual suspects are using the same cheat-engine over and over again and they're still undetected. They simply modify some variables... For that reason some of those cheats were already avaiable during Alpha and Beta... If EA can't afford a third-party Service (lol) Maybe it would be an Option to use already used Anti-Cheats by other EA-Studios in other games (e.g. Apex Legends). 

2. Start to take legal Actions vs. Developers/Websites/YouTubers promoting and selling those cheats. If you can't get your Hands on them then cut down their income by having talks with the credit Card companies and PayPal which they use for selling their "products".

3. Bring back ingame Messages like we had in the beginning of BF1... How many were banned in the last 24hrs/month… So the community can see that something is happening and done vs. the Plaque. Also "Name and Shame" them if they're detected in a running game. We're Talking About anonymous nicknames as noone is using his real Name in the game. So naming and shaming is some sort of punishment for them in front of their mates without any consequences for their real-life. 

4. IP-Bans won't work as a lot of Providers in several countries are giving out new IP-Addresses everytime someone is reconnecting his router. Issue hardware-bans instead. I know, that HW-Ids can be spoofed, but I bet a lot of the casual cheaters are not able to do this. 

5. Stop to ignore this thematic and to push it under the carpet. The Plaque is real and I'm not Talking About those obvious rage-cheaters. More dangerous are those cheaters only using Radar/ESP-Hacks.... And within BF there are a lot of them… Knowing where everyone is hiding or from which side someone is comming and getting an alert if someone is aiming at them is nearly as bad as using an aimbot (with randomizer to let it look "legit") or Damage-modifier. 

6. Integrate an ingame-reporting tool… (with Feedback once it was reviewed)… I don't trust the current process as some cheaters, which were recorded and reported a hundred times are still active for month. Even if they've confessed ingame that they're using Tools and making jokes About Dice/EA that Nothing is Happening for several month. - If you've to stick with the crappy origin process then please add the ability to upload/link video-material of the cheaters. 

7. Do you really have an Anti-Cheat-Team ? As some of those cheaters are active since the beginning (and Yes I can differ between Cheaters and skilled Players) I doubt it. 

Fact is… something Needs to be done… urgently…. European Servers are getting more and more affected by cheaters as a lot of Players have left in cause of them and so the Density of cheaters in matchers are getting higher and higher…. Some month ago it wasn't that bad as a lot of more Players were playing the game... so they were more hidden…. But now you've at least 2-3 in every match… mostly more as ESP/Radar hacks aren't that obvious…. but you can check for yourself how bad it is by spending some Hours in spectator mode on the same Server.... you can easily detect them by watching their behavior in game (being carefull if enemies are near and running without Looking left or Right over the "safe" zones on the map where actually no enemy is present - Always turning/waiting into the Right direction once an enemy gets close)…. [/quote I mean, using nice headphones let's me do this. The footsteps in this game are very easy to hear.
  • KrullBorg
    116 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    useless thread
  • Infinit8m
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Dear @TomEA_Tom said:
    Hey all,

We do understand encountering cheaters causes a negative impact on your gaming experience. We want to give you an opportunity to share your thoughts about cheating and what can be done to combat it. Any feedback you may have can be posted in this thread. When posting your comments, please remember:
    • Familiarize yourself with the forum rules & guidelines, here
    • Don't name & shame other players
    • Be constructive
    Keep in mind we don't speak for the anti-cheat team on these forums. While we can forward your feedback, we won't be able to comment directly on ongoing efforts to combat cheating.

Lastly, this is a gentle reminder that our forums are not the place to report in-game cheating. If you'd like to report a user, please follow the steps as listed in this article: 
    https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/report-players-for-cheating-abuse-and-harassment/

Thank you,

-Tom
    This not a solution post obviusly

Looks like you and your company are laugh of us in our face, because i spend my money on this and the other battlefield games and always was the same but on this one are "BRUTAL" and you came here and post this?

Why better you and your company said to us what are you going to do with this problem in a short time?

I try to relax after my work and play some but i have to change of servers because of cheaters i said in another post about update with votekick system that`s all but you the only thing that update are maps?

We dont want anything more than have a playable game.

So that`s all
This discussion has been closed.