Now this is Battlefield.

Comments

• GRAW2ROBZ
    2635 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Definitely a nice addition...I (we) needed a new map desperately. Beautifully done, nice elevation variation...looks great, plays great.
    Didn't realize how long a Breakthrough match can take to be quite honest. I'm a Conquest guy through and through.

So, whats the next map on the horizon for the big game modes...anyone??
    After October 3rd which is meat grinder Operation Under ground mini chapter with 4 TOW weeks.  After that we get 3 out of 4 maps hopefully before 2020.  But the 4 maps are Iwo Jima,Wake Island,Jungle,Tropic Islands in chapter 5 so USA/Japan factions and weapons and vehicles.

• mike2289
    40 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Definitely a nice addition...I (we) needed a new map desperately. Beautifully done, nice elevation variation...looks great, plays great.
    Didn't realize how long a Breakthrough match can take to be quite honest. I'm a Conquest guy through and through.

Operation underground
  • PeaceWeaver
    210 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Breakthrough is phenomenal, and makes up for Marita’s mediocre, predictable Breakthrough experience. I’m having so much fun with it — even got my first ever end-of-match number one scoreboard spot today while playing Al Sundan on my medic. :) There are so many flanking options on the map, and it just feels so BIG and epic. The devs really knocked it out the ballpark on this one. PS4 has some occasional performance issues with the map when things get crazy, but they’re rare enough that they don’t bother me.
  • clouseau2112
    221 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @ Graw2robz....

Thanks for the input..and attached pics!

Some of those maps make me think of the Naval map pack from BF4. Just from the single pics, they look pretty sweet. Also looking forward to the US/Japanese weapon additions, particularly the M1 Garand and Arisaka(thinkin back to WaW)

Hopefully the 3 out of 4 maps land late Oct, and Nov.

If ur a Conquest addict like me, and your on xbox with a mic...shoot me a friend request Graw2robz. I play organized w/ like-minded objective players.

GT: clouseau1

• StupidNameHere
    191 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    FatherDed said:
    Definitely. It's like everything they worked on came together in that map. For me that's up there with the wow of playing bt2 for the first time.

I think they underestimated the effort in developing big maps in bfv with the level of detail, the destrucitibilty, the visuals, the effects etc. That's why we've had so many smaller maps like marita, Provence and Loften. Think they put too much resource into firestorm too that could have been used better doing maps like this.

You can see how much its stretching the hardware too - when playing Breakthrough and theres a lot going on at one time and the frame rate drops

But when it all comes together like Al Sundan, its utterly brilliant.
    In my experience, small/urban maps take the longest to make because it needs to feel like a place that is lived in. Less effort in making a large field look like a field than making a village look like a village.
    Disagree. I could not care less if it looks like a lived in village, i want fun. 
  • StupidNameHere
    191 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Yeah, Battlefield VI.
  • ChickenTheTank
    834 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2019
    (Quote)
    Disagree. I could not care less if it looks like a lived in village, i want fun. 

What you care about doesn't make the points he made about the differences in development false.

And I imagine you would care, as a ton of immersion would disappear, and BF5's tank is pretty low in that regard anyway.
  • Punxel
    20 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I just played a few rounds of Al Sundan and actually had fun! A couple more maps like that and BFV might be ready for release.
  • VOLBANKER
    1717 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Punxel said:
    I just played a few rounds of Al Sundan and actually had fun! A couple more maps like that and BFV might be ready for release.
    :smiley::smiley::smiley:
  • bran1986
    5913 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    GRAW2ROBZ said:

After October 3rd which is meat grinder Operation Under ground mini chapter with 4 TOW weeks.  After that we get 3 out of 4 maps hopefully before 2020.  But the 4 maps are Iwo Jima,Wake Island,Jungle,Tropic Islands in chapter 5 so USA/Japan factions and weapons and vehicles.

I hope that Tropic Islands map is like Paracel Storm from BF4.
  • JDOGMcFUZZL
    125 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Al sudan is a terrible map. Visually it looks nice but the layout of the map is ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ hot garbage.
  • Noodlesocks
    3630 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    FatherDed said:
    Definitely. It's like everything they worked on came together in that map. For me that's up there with the wow of playing bt2 for the first time.

I think they underestimated the effort in developing big maps in bfv with the level of detail, the destrucitibilty, the visuals, the effects etc. That's why we've had so many smaller maps like marita, Provence and Loften. Think they put too much resource into firestorm too that could have been used better doing maps like this.

You can see how much its stretching the hardware too - when playing Breakthrough and theres a lot going on at one time and the frame rate drops

But when it all comes together like Al Sundan, its utterly brilliant.
    In my experience, small/urban maps take the longest to make because it needs to feel like a place that is lived in. Less effort in making a large field look like a field than making a village look like a village.
    Not really about what you want, really. If you're making an urban map, it has to look urban. Otherwise it might as well just be a bunch of untextured blocks because the gameplay would not change with the aesthetics.
  • RayD_O1
    1144 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    bran1986 said:
    GRAW2ROBZ said:

Yeah I liked Parcel Storm too, would be nice

• VincentNZ
    3885 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    bran1986 said:
    GRAW2ROBZ said:

I am pretty sure it will play exactly like Lost Islands of BF4, but with planes which is an awesome idea.
  • jroggs
    1224 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    mike2289 said:
    Is it me or is visibility pretty good on the map?
    It's poor for planes and mediocre for snipers, but it's very good in terms of spotting closer enemies out in the open, even proners.

In other words, it's one of the best maps in terms of visibility, pretty much exactly what it should be.
  • BlindChance
    541 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So what you are saying is that a multiplayer map created from a single player level beats DICE's tailored multiplayer offering? I'm shocked, sir and almost convinced I might update and give it a try again after 4 months of absence. Oh wait, I probably won't, as I doubt DICE sees this the same way.

Who would guess EA is going to turn this franchise into a dumpster fire.
  • BaronVonGoon
    7055 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2019
    I dont like big maps. Well atleast some people are enjoying it. I'll wait for new maps like Rotterdam/Devestation, more urban stuff too.

Cue the 'If you want small maps, why not go play COD'.

• GRAW2ROBZ
    2635 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I dont like big maps. Well atleast some people are enjoying it. I'll wait for new maps like Rotterdam/Devestation, more urban stuff too.

Cue the 'If you want small maps, why not go play COD'.

On foot Al Sundan is a snoozefest.  My thumb was dead mashing on left stick.  Also the terrain is very lumpy.  What's the fascination of DICE and lumpy ground?  It all started with Star Wars Battlefront 1 then carried over to BF1/BF5. 
    Also once the bridges are out not many places to drive other then the roads you can get to or that open desert with the puddles. Not really into vehicles but larger maps on foot are lame.  Have to force myself to hop in some vehicle. 
    Most of the roads are like on the edge of the hills so they can be ambushed easily as well.  I noticed soon as I played it the first time.  I was thinking gee I bet my SPM is nose diving fast. hahhahaahh  Only cool aspect was the planes taking off at the airfield.
  • BaronVonGoon
    7055 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    GRAW2ROBZ wrote: »
    (Quote)

On foot Al Sundan is a snoozefest.  My thumb was dead mashing on left stick.  Also the terrain is very lumpy.  What's the fascination of DICE and lumpy ground?  .

THIS!

Not a clue. This doesn't make for fun gameplay at all, just frustrating.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    I would of had the airfield where that flat desert with the puddles are.  But with more buildings and maybe under ground bunker.  Seems like a wasted area of nothing but for flanking or last resort a place for tanks to drive.