Al sundan haze ruins the map.

okiie_918
159 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
I don't understand why they think people want the stupid heat haze but it does nothing but hurt my eyes and head. Its really dumb they put this in here and hamada. No one I play with wants it nor any weather effects they're all way to much. Map would be probably best map in the game if wasn't for this stupid weather effect. Why would they wanna make their beautiful game look like complete trash with the haze is beyond me as well. It looks like your streaming a video that isn't rendering cause of bad internet. Also its horrible to watch so making videos or streaming on this map is pointless and painful to watch. Hopefully rsp comes out and we can remove this effect completely!!!

Comments

  • ElliotLH
    9191 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    +1 as while I didn't find it too bad on the ground it was a pain when I was flying.
  • DMekca
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Marita was set at dusk too.. like why these maps where the lighting is terrible and everything blends in???? Derp derp derp derp
  • ElliotLH
    9191 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    DMekca wrote: »
    Marita was set at dusk too.. like why these maps where the lighting is terrible and everything blends in???? Derp derp derp derp

    Makes the burning castle on the hill pop more 😆
  • SixTouge
    367 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH wrote: »
    +1 as while I didn't find it too bad on the ground it was a pain when I was flying.

    It must not be that much of a problem. I've only played a few rounds of Conquest on it, but so far planes have been a dominant factor in the game in a way I can't remember any other maps so far. So maybe I've landed in games with some aces, but from my view on the ground, planes are a nightmare on Al Sundan.
  • DaMutha1
    1424 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Would be even more of a sniper fest without the haze.  +1 for keeping it in
  • Shadders_X
    486 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Does anyone remember the BF3 map where the sun was permanently in your eyes - so you got shot most of the time ?

    Probably a management decision. 
  • ElliotLH
    9191 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    SixTouge wrote: »
    ElliotLH wrote: »
    +1 as while I didn't find it too bad on the ground it was a pain when I was flying.

    It must not be that much of a problem. I've only played a few rounds of Conquest on it, but so far planes have been a dominant factor in the game in a way I can't remember any other maps so far. So maybe I've landed in games with some aces, but from my view on the ground, planes are a nightmare on Al Sundan.

    Or I just got lucky with the matches I played when I was on the ground.

    The Breakthrough matches I've played (not played it on CQ yet) did seem bomber heavy but it did look like they were just carpet bombing the flags. They might not have been good pilots though. The highest KD I saw was 11-0 and they were in a Blenheim. Definitely something I'll need to keep an eye out for as I can certainly see how it'd be nasty with a decent bomber pilot.

    I was flying the bf109 when I was playing and could see tanks on the hills OK but struggled to see infantry. I was getting hit markers from the guns but couldn't see people until I was almost on top of them.
  • jroggs
    1196 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Planes would make a mockery of the map if they could see easily. There might be a better way to balance the issue, but simply removing the haze is the worst thing they could do.
  • IDazzlerazzle
    526 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ItS cAlLeD cInEmAtIc ExPeRiEnCe ! Vaseline mode engaged 
  • SixTouge
    367 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH wrote: »
    SixTouge wrote: »
    ElliotLH wrote: »
    +1 as while I didn't find it too bad on the ground it was a pain when I was flying.

    It must not be that much of a problem. I've only played a few rounds of Conquest on it, but so far planes have been a dominant factor in the game in a way I can't remember any other maps so far. So maybe I've landed in games with some aces, but from my view on the ground, planes are a nightmare on Al Sundan.

    Or I just got lucky with the matches I played when I was on the ground.

    The Breakthrough matches I've played (not played it on CQ yet) did seem bomber heavy but it did look like they were just carpet bombing the flags. They might not have been good pilots though. The highest KD I saw was 11-0 and they were in a Blenheim. Definitely something I'll need to keep an eye out for as I can certainly see how it'd be nasty with a decent bomber pilot.

    I was flying the bf109 when I was playing and could see tanks on the hills OK but struggled to see infantry. I was getting hit markers from the guns but couldn't see people until I was almost on top of them.

    I never really fly, so I really wouldn't know either way, but even from ground level I can see how the nature of the terrain could make it tricky. To the point that removing haze maybe wouldn't even make that big a difference? Like I said, just spitballing, I never fly.

    I think it's just how open the map is for many flags, you carpet bomb an objective an anyone capturing has very few options for shelter.

    I kind of like the heat effect from the ground, it makes an already large map feel absolutely endless at times. I can see how it would be easy to be jaded about cinematic effects, etc. but that stuff should, and I feel does make the game feel a little more special. (Warts and all)
  • Draxonfly
    211 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I dont mind it, adds something extra to the game. I wish there where more weather effects more often. 
  • NLBartmaN
    4484 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Just get a RTX card (from our sponsor) and it will play and look fine ... basically the whole logic behind the visual aspects of this game ...

    If you don't have a PC with (the latest) RTX card, too bad for you, we are not going to optimize the game/add a different AA for console ...
  • HANSGRUBER30
    3059 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2019
    Shadders_X wrote: »
    Does anyone remember the BF3 map where the sun was permanently in your eyes - so you got shot most of the time ?

    Probably a management decision. 

    Didn’t BF4 test range at one point have two suns?
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    2601 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Does anyone remember the BF3 map where the sun was permanently in your eyes - so you got shot most of the time ?

    Probably a management decision. 
    Nuke blast!
  • MarxistDictator
    5131 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    All the weather effects are garbage and have no place in the game, they just worsen the camping by making the eye strain of this game even worse.
  • trip1ex
    5181 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    DaMutha1 said:
    Would be even more of a sniper fest without the haze.  +1 for keeping it in
    are sniper scopes even affected?  
Sign In or Register to comment.