Master Discussion Thread For BF4 Punkbuster Bans.

Comments

• SpoolaZ
    195 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    If you want to experience exactly how big companies are deceiving their customers. Don't complain to BunkBuster, because it just does its job. With Fairfight and BF5, they have pushed it so far that pay cheaters no longer get caught, as long as they adhere to rules that the publisher considers to be normal states.
    That's the difference, in BF5 there is no active anti-cheat like PunkBuster. Therefore, BF5 is lost by cheaters who are certified by FairFight. FairFight is what you can really call a false trust, if you are an honest player.
  • aRareMonster
    26 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    SpoolaZ said:
    If you want to experience exactly how big companies are deceiving their customers. Don't complain to BunkBuster, because it just does its job. With Fairfight and BF5, they have pushed it so far that pay cheaters no longer get caught, as long as they adhere to rules that the publisher considers to be normal states.
    That's the difference, in BF5 there is no active anti-cheat like PunkBuster. Therefore, BF5 is lost by cheaters who are certified by FairFight. FairFight is what you can really call a false trust, if you are an honest player.

Goes to show that EA is ultimately responsible and is guilty of dereliction of their duty as owners of the franchise.
    This is dishonesty in the highest degree.
  • MASKthefirst
    25 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    I will never ever buy EA products till this issue has been solved.
    I'm gonna play the way like EA do. EA says "don't pay money for our products" so i'm gonna do this.
  • Sirtoastalot
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I finally received the 'generic' response from Alex P. via the Punkbuster support ticket system. Two and a half months later...
    Case has been closed, but nothing has been resolved. Sixty quid down the toilet, plus whatever money I've paid for server costs/upkeep.
    The last EA advisor that I conversed with stated that I should contact DICE execs and staff via social media, in order to make them aware of the problem Windows 7 False Positive situation. What a joke of an organisation.
  • USMCss07
    43 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    I finally received the 'generic' response from Alex P. via the Punkbuster support ticket system. Two and a half months later...
    Case has been closed, but nothing has been resolved. Sixty quid down the toilet, plus whatever money I've paid for server costs/upkeep.
    The last EA advisor that I conversed with stated that I should contact DICE execs and staff via social media, in order to make them aware of the problem Windows 7 False Positive situation. What a joke of an organisation.
    I am not all to certain that this isn't just a Windows 7 problem. I believe it may have something to do with an update to Avast for machines running Windows 7. Although I do still contend that many, if not all, of the #83018 coded "violations" arose from a particular instance of Battlelog error (that was well documented and posted on the ea.answers website: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Battlefield-4/Battlelog-Launching-Issue-Origin/m-p/7938058#M231910 by EA) that triggered PB. I am inclined to believe that the #81668 wave of bans are caused by Avast/Windows 7 and not the aforementioned Battlelog issue (dual instances of the game starting-->triggering PB).

I would suggest that all of you comment in the new sticky'd post that EA_Tom started (pinned right above this one).
  • Sirtoastalot
    It definitely happened a few hours after installing an essential (but small) Windows Update.
    I do not have Avast on my Windows 7 PC; Bitdefender Total Security was running at the time of the False Positive, I am not certain as to its database having been updated that day. I am also not running an Nvidia graphics card (commonly reported issue with those cards + drivers on here).

I was not given any reason or issued a category code (#8xxxx) in Battlelog. GUIDs were of invalid format or not found on the PBBans index.

The situation seems to be absurd; there seems to be very little co-operation between Even Balance and EA nowadays, presumably due to the latter's dropping of PunkBuster for the last two Battlefield titles.
    EA Support and Help staff are not able to relay these problems to the higher-ups at EA HQ and DICE SE/LA, hence them telling me to 'directly' contact Executives and Staff via Facebook/Twitter/Instagram. This is mind boggling in the extreme.

As advised, I will try to make a suggestion in the new thread started by EA_Tom.
  • StarscreamUK
    7495 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    the pbbans index is only an index of bans/violations/etc on servers streaming to pbbans, if they dont stream to pbbans, then pbbans wont know about any kick/ban issued on that server
  • Sirtoastalot
    The server I tried to join is definitely of the type that is streaming to PBBans - one of its Owners/Admins got banned the week before, and he's indexed on PBBans for the #81668 Game Hack.
    https://www.pbbans.com/mbi-view-ban-423194.html

On a side note: The new thread started by EA_Tom is not allowing for replies/comments. Is it locked since it is in a Legacy section?
  • Nujaseb
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/193972/punkbuster-keeps-on-kicking-me-despite-updating-and-successfully-testing-the-services#latest
    I opened that thread because of punkbuster kicking me for what I believed was no reason, ran the game through battlelog and TA-DA, permanent global ban for whatever reason, I opened a ticket last week and got no response. It's incredible that this absolute piece of garbage is still supported.
  • aRareMonster
    26 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Nujaseb said:
    ... It's incredible that this absolute piece of garbage is still supported.
    Au contraire, brother.... our situation is proof that it is NOT being supported. At. All.
    Do a search on Even Balance, and try to find their business address. EB is the closest thing to a scam associated with a co. like EA.
    They have 3 addresses, and one of them is located near a pizza joint. Maybe they run their business from a public wifi during their breaks from delivering pizzas?
  • cucumberDudeMan
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Same sob story here, got a global ban for BF4, haven't ever hacked in my life.  I want to buy another copy of the game and move on but I'm afraid that account will get banned as well since I don't understand what happened.  Can anyone help me figure out what is going on?  I submitted two even balance tickets in the last two days since I have two machines I now run on.  I wonder if that is where the problem happened since I just got banned recently and in the same time frame started running BF4 on my laptop.

Here is my info:
    guid
    5b7625d55d01158e83d9e9ff2ce54a8d

GUID Ban:
    2ce54a8d

I can't seem to figure out anything more from the PBBans website.  It says this is a Punkbuster global ban.

Desktop:
    Win 7, AMD 6 core 3.5 GHz processor, 12 GB RAM
    Radeon HD 5800 graphics card with driver version 15.200.1062.1004 dated 8.3.2015
    PunkBuster Client (v2.351 | A0 v) Enabled

Laptop
    Win 10, Intel i7 2.3 GHz processor, 16 GB RAM
    NVIDIA GeForce GT750M with driver version 22.21.13.8205 dated 5.1.2017

Specific questions:
    Q1.  Anyone know how to check up the status on my even balance ticket?  I never got an automated response back.
    Q2.  Anyone know how to figure out why my global ban happened from any website?  Or is that only something you learn if/when even balance responds.
    Q3.  Based on my hardware setups is there any reason to believe if I buy another game and just never play it on my laptop that I will be good to go (since this is how I have done things since BF4 came out and only had the issue since I started with my laptop in the last week)?

Thanks!
  • MASKthefirst
    25 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Same sob story here, got a global ban for BF4, haven't ever hacked in my life.  I want to buy another copy of the game and move on but I'm afraid that account will get banned as well since I don't understand what happened.  Can anyone help me figure out what is going on?  I submitted two even balance tickets in the last two days since I have two machines I now run on.  I wonder if that is where the problem happened since I just got banned recently and in the same time frame started running BF4 on my laptop.

Here is my info:
    guid
    5b7625d55d01158e83d9e9ff2ce54a8d

GUID Ban:
    2ce54a8d

I can't seem to figure out anything more from the PBBans website.  It says this is a Punkbuster global ban.

Desktop:
    Win 7, AMD 6 core 3.5 GHz processor, 12 GB RAM
    Radeon HD 5800 graphics card with driver version 15.200.1062.1004 dated 8.3.2015
    PunkBuster Client (v2.351 | A0 v) Enabled

Laptop
    Win 10, Intel i7 2.3 GHz processor, 16 GB RAM
    NVIDIA GeForce GT750M with driver version 22.21.13.8205 dated 5.1.2017

Specific questions:
    Q1.  Anyone know how to check up the status on my even balance ticket?  I never got an automated response back.
    Q2.  Anyone know how to figure out why my global ban happened from any website?  Or is that only something you learn if/when even balance responds.
    Q3.  Based on my hardware setups is there any reason to believe if I buy another game and just never play it on my laptop that I will be good to go (since this is how I have done things since BF4 came out and only had the issue since I started with my laptop in the last week)?

Thanks!
    A1. As far as i know u can not check the progress

A2. Check this link pls  https://bf4db.com/player/search?query=MASKthefirst

• StarscreamUK
    7495 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    I'd be more inclined to say the laptop isn't the issue but more so the desktop.
  • cucumberDudeMan
    I guess I should have clarified further on my Q2.   (As nice as it is that BF4DB says I'm good, I know that isn't my problem).  Since I'm banned globally by evenbalance, I'm trying to figure out the why behind this.  

I thought maybe the master ban index on pbbans might help me learn more but I can't seem to find my ban info other than just being stated as a global ban.  Apparently even balance doesn't have an equivalent database to search publically.
    https://www.pbbans.com/mbi-search.html

I'd be more inclined to say the laptop isn't the issue but more so the desktop.
    StarscreamUK, what about the desktop do you see as problemmatic, mainly the Windows 7 verses 10 or are there other potentially problemmatic details?  Has a "non-cheaters guide to not being called a cheater in Battlefield 4" been collected anywhere?   Seems like snippets from this forum and other places have slowly started documenting them.

Odd note: I searched pbbans again today for my global ban and it was gone.  Excited, I then tried to play but had the same exact permanent global ban kick and now the website indicates it again.  Curious behavior.
  • StarscreamUK
    I personally believe its windows 7 related.

• Winter2395
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member

I think you are right. I got also a global punkbuster ban for no reason a few days ago. And i am using Windows 7 as well + newest updates and nvidia driver version 436.48. Played for 5 years, over 1000+ hours and suddenly ban. Tickets have already been sent, but still no answer. If they dont remove the ban, this was definetly my last EA product i ve ever bought. Real cheaters dont get kicked and still could join servers even with their punkbuster bans as i saw in the serverchat and legit players like us get banned - makes sence. Anticheat-software is basically a very good thing to keep the games clean, but when its broken like that and creates false positives, someone at EA or EvenBalance should at least take the responsibility and remove these unjustified bans. Ive always kept my system clean, so its not my fault if their software does not work as it's supposed to be.
  • USMCss07
    43 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    At this point in time, due to the overwhelming number of players that have been banned by violation #83018 and #81668...that has reached approximate numbers in the several thousands of bans issued, it is obvious there is something wrong with PunkBuster. With a player count of roughly 50,000+ players regularly playing BF4 now, worldwide, in comparison to the 500,000+ that were actively playing the game in 2015 (the last time there was a major issue with false-positive ban issuance by PunkBuster) it is suspect at least that there is a serious issue ongoing.

Hell, in 2015 with a player count of at least 10x what it is currently, DICE and thereby EA stepped in a leaned on EB to look into violation #81568 (very similar number range to one of the current mass ban violation numbers...) with the result being that those roughly 900 bans were lifted for false positive reasons. Now we have roughly 1,200 players banned for #83018 and roughly 1,800 players banned for #81668!!!!!! Imagine how high that number would be if there were still 500,000 players playing BF4! And that total worldwide player count, or lack thereof, is exactly the reason why nothing has been done...it would seem crystal clear that EA could care less about this ongoing issue with regards to BF4. 
  • tuolumnejim
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Cyrant_F said:
    I updated with a new hardrive went from windows 7 to 10 home and just reinstalled BF4 just joined a game and got the same crap message.

"Game disconnected; you were kicked by PunkBuster. Stated reason: PunkBuster kicked player Tuolumnejim' (for 2 minutes) ... Violation (GAMEHACK) #81670"
    Shame, I was hoping that an upgrade to win 10 would solve the issue. Where did you guys get your keys, I got mine from mmoga.de, is there a possible lead? Anyone affected with keys directly from EA?
    Yep my key was an EA key from when the game was intoduced.
  • cucumberDudeMan
    USMCss07 said:
    At this point in time, due to the overwhelming number of players that have been banned by violation #83018 and #81668...that has reached 

Just curious to see if maybe this will help me clear up my confusion.  Where did you get this information?  In other words, how can I see my global ban was related to one of these two violations?
  • PBSTAFFNick
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member

The violations and bans the players are getting have NOTHING to do with Windows 7.
    The bans and violations are all to do with cheating, We don't ban on player stats, but we do ban when we detect players using anything which gives them an unfair advantage over other players.

Players may feel that their ban is unfair, but did any of the players think that it was unfair to be using cheats on clean players. Does not matter if a player was using reduced spread, recoil or ESP or Chams. If we detect the cheat, then a ban / kick  will be incoming at some point.