Is BFV the worst?

Comments

• misisipiRivrRat
    1004 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    sasqch10 said:
    Yes it is. Don’t play for a couple weeks and come back to it. You realize how not fun and bad a game it is. It really is a terrible gaming experience at most turns. Modes and maps are poorly made and some are about unplayable. Updates have been handled as bad and lacking as release. Underwhelming and under delivered.
    I haven't played bfv in months but with with the latest big Conquest map released  and another patch I thought maybe it's time to jump back in. Going to a buddies to watch football and he offered to sell me his copy for $10 bucks. I'm thinking about it , but I'm thinking there's still still too much wrong with it. They could release 10 more maps tomorrow but that isn't necessarily going to make it fun for me ya know?
  • mike2289
    40 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    mudpig44 wrote: »
    For me it is by far. It had so much promise. But it's just a complete trainwreck.
    Completely unbalanced. Accurate fire with light machine guns more than a hundred metres is completely wrong. Killing people with shotguns from more than a hundred meters is laughable. The same with outshooting rifleman from a distance with a pistol. Unbelievable.

List your most hated points on this game. Hopefully someone from Dice will read it before releasing the next game.

Ive played all bf games since bf3, there all great, none of them are bad games, even with bf5 techical issues its not a bad game. I prefer bf5 way more than bf1 but in no way im calling bf1 terrible still put lots if hours just wasnt my favourite, and i think a lot people just because they didnt prefer something or theres something that annoys them they call it a bad game.
  • REALITY1ST1
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yes IT is. From BF4 the gameplay was liquid. Buy @ea they schoose for the bug instaid of the Gameplay for all. They completely fkd up the interface, there is no way of getting in a specific game mode easely. And for the weapons. There is no way of getting things done.... They3are digging thiere grave
  • flatrock101
    149 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    No, Bf1 is the worst Bfv a close 2nd. 
  • Halcyon_Creed_N7
    1545 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    No, Bf1 is the worst Bfv a close 2nd. 
    True. I actually can't think of a single thing that made BF1 better in any way than previous "next gen" titles. The epitome of casual gameplay combined with a boring setting. Don't get me wrong, I think that WW1 is unique and interesting, but for an arcade shooter that used to boast great combined arms gameplay and in-depth weapon customization choosing such a limiting setting was not the best idea.
  • TropicPoison
    2505 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2019
    I vote hardline being a better Battlefield game than BFV, if I had to rank BFV it would definitely be at the bottom of the list for me for Battlefield games.

Probably the worst maps in the whole franchise, and the vehicle gameplay is the worst it's ever been, as well as class balance.
  • GargleTheseNutz
    183 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    A lot of garbage things from BF1 like the gunplay, the movement mechanics, gas masks, random weapon sight deviation, etc made that game the worst battlefield game I've ever played. Though, BFV is the close second without a doubt. A lot of people hated Battlefield Hardline, but I personally think that the word ''battlefield'' killed that game. If that game was just named ''Hardline'' and if they went all out with that cops vs robbers concept, it would have been absolutely incredible.
  • TropicPoison
    2505 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    It's far from a complete train wreck.  With the exception of the poor network performance the game itself isn't that bad, it's the issues outside the game like no rented servers and Live Service that are holding it back.

Accurate fire from a light machine gun at more than a hundred meters is completely wrong?  You don't know what you're talking about, the Bren gun was used for accurate fire up to a thousand meters, you should really do some reading before you sound off on issues like that.

I've never been killed with a shotgun at that range in this game, are you sure you have?  Long-range pistol shots are annoying, in some cases they come from players who seem like they might be getting some outside help.  On the other hand I once got a kill with the scoped magnum from the TV tower to Hilltop on the Caspian Border map, so who knows?

My BFV dislikes haven't changed--no rented servers (so far), little new content due to Live Service, weak anti-cheat, poor network performance.  And yet I can still have fun in this game, just like lots of other games with significant flaws.  BFV isn't the game it could have been, but it's not the disaster you paint it as being, and certainly not for the reasons you list.

Well you know the thing is everyone doesn't have the same experience, and your opinion differs from his and a lot of others apparently, it might be a game you have fun with but not the majority seeing as how dead these forums are compared to how they used to be, and will only continue to get worse.

It's foolish to think that DICE can turn BFV around at this point with all of the glaring issues.
  • snavelaer
    1148 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2019
    juicy quote of a ex- hacker; 
     'I think  EA just don't gives a damn. I really don't. I would say within 5 to 10 years they are not going to be produce a good game' 
    I think it bagan with Battlefield 4....

DICE introduced certain new gadget like the UCAV. And this was annoying for a lot of players. So instead of redesigning the UCAV they made it so you would have to wait a minute unitl you could use it. 
    Same with the mortar......
    Lazy solutions. 

Instead of redesigning (which is more work) they often choose from that time onward strange and oddly feeling 'solutions'

Anyways... all you guys have legit and valid points why this game is broken. However I think there is a certain underlying idea or thought at EA/DICE that is causing this kind of broken gamemechenics. 

I think those ideas are...

- players don't have any choice to buy another  kind of battlefield. Battlefield is unique so we can give and sell any crap we want.
    - It doesn't have to be great. Ok is good enough.
    - Maximize profit, minimize costs AKA lootboxes, skins, sell them OH YEAH!
    - Reduce skill between players. So that new players stay and keep playing and buy those ^^^^^^^^^^ lootboxes, skins and what not. 
    - Make it really hard to crack the game by installing 3rd party software that totally messes up the game itself. 

And overall lack of vision. Their ain't no great visonairy gamedesigners left at DICE that can stand up against a corperate shark like EA.
    [removed]

This kind of mentalilty really needs to change or.....
    This ex-hackers words will be very true;  'I think  EA just don't gives a damn. I really don't. I would say within 5 to 10 years they are not going to be produce a good game' 

[edited to conform to forum rules]
    Post edited by ragnarok013 on
  • dA_9_eL_81
    1908 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    KPNuts74 said:
    It’s my fave FPS to date. The gunplay is sublime.
    Ads really ARE getting smarter
  • Eikou
    4 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Is it the worst? Well for me it's the worse value. I've not played since launch due to forced TAA making the game look like a blurry mess
  • ragnarok013
    3884 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    A lot of garbage things from BF1 like the gunplay, the movement mechanics, gas masks, random weapon sight deviation, etc made that game the worst battlefield game I've ever played. Though, BFV is the close second without a doubt. A lot of people hated Battlefield Hardline, but I personally think that the word ''battlefield'' killed that game. If that game was just named ''Hardline'' and if they went all out with that cops vs robbers concept, it would have been absolutely incredible.
    WrexDotExe I've said that for a long time. When they put Battlefield in the title Visceral had to shoehorn 15 years of expectations on what makes a proper Battlefield game into an unrelated Cops and Robbers game. Had they made Hardline a completely separate franchise they could have had unlimited freedom to make Hardline into something unique instead of a sub par Battlefield game.
  • ackers75
    2651 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2019
    Yep it’s the worst by a considerable margin!
    Roll on modern warfare.

Even the fixes that fix the broke stuff are erm usually broke!
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    2636 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    BF5 is a direct reflection of the dev team and community managers. if the top names are the same next title, i'll gladly unsupport it.

If Bad Company 3 bombs on XBOX2 i'll be ticked.  It will be the last Battlefield i'll buy for a while.  Gaming industry needs new Mom and Pop indie good shooters.
  • xJohle
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Can second that just another "Live Service" trainwreck released with laughable content and  as a buggy mess and instead of play testing and spending time on in-game balancing dice is occupied by fixing grave issues... Well at least  you can get the Game for Cheap nowadays https://www.gameforest.de/shop/gamekey/origin-games/battlefield-v-5-origin-key-pc/ 
  • mrtwotimes
    823 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    More opinions, wonderful
  • ackers75
    2651 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    mrtwotimes wrote: »
    More opinions, wonderful
    Erm it’s a forum
    Give me a clue as to what you was expecting?
  • mrtwotimes
    823 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ackers75 said:
    mrtwotimes wrote: »
    More opinions, wonderful
    Erm it’s a forum
    Give me a clue as to what you was expecting?
    "Were expecting"

How about not the 200th same post about how someone thinks BFV is awful.... it's not giving the community anything new to think about.  Be specific ...give facts.  That's what I would prefer.