Fast TTK + No 3D Spot is the worst thing that could happen on console

Comments

• VOLBANKER
    1596 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    @TFBisquit the players against 3D spotting coming back and pro-fast TTK are the same people that want extreme mode to come back, Dice can't balance the game the way it should be because there is no extreme mode in BFV , this people will cry if they change the core mode without adding extreme mode ... Every other player are suffering from this state of the game ... 

They just need to add an extreme mode with fast TTK, no 3D spot and balance the core mode with slower TTK and bringing back 3D spot like in previous game... 
    No. I am against dorito-spotting because it is ridiculous, but have no desire for any “extreme mode”.
  • Turban_Legend80
    4745 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    VOLBANKER wrote: »
    (Quote)
    No. I am against dorito-spotting because it is ridiculous, but have no desire for any “extreme mode”.

What if there was a normal mode (no 3D spotting, attrition included, fast ttk), and a ridiculous mode (3D spotting, no attrition, and slower ttk).
    Which mode would you play?
  • Schlep2112
    74 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Even with testing it in BF1 (decrease in TTK lead to notably more 'campy' playstyle) then trying different levels of TTK in alpha and beta of BF5 they just could not resist going hardcore-lite, competitive-ish, BR-ish and ruining the core game, especially with technical issues making it worse.

You just know that even if they add a decent server program where proper hardcore and competitive modes could be set up, they still won't reverse the awful design choices in the core game.

Let's hope they realise trying to appease a small niche of pro-wannabe BR stream fans isn't the way to go for BF6.

Even as I type that I have very little hope.
    Well, I can guarantee you that I (along with many, many others) won't be playing the game at launch (let alone pre-order) until we see how things shake out.  I think there are going to be a lot of people who are extremely skeptical of how BF6 will be....   and rightly so.
  • IDazzlerazzle
    526 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2019
    Gotta love how they destroyed the performance with the Al Sudan patch, game chugs and stalls all over the place. Metro runs 15fps 
  • THERAMPAGE_ci0h
    256 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    @BURGERKRIEG It's never too late ( look BF1 TTK 2.0 at the end of the game's life ) , chapter V will come with a marketing campaign ( like "in the name of the tsar" dlc for BF1) , a lot of player will come back and a lot of new ones too . It could be a second chance for the game ( like BF1 ) ... but if nothing change and if the game is still frustrating because PC balance doesn't work on console server, it's gonna be a failure ... AGAIN ... 
  • NLBartmaN
    4484 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    @BURGERKRIEG It's never too late ( look BF1 TTK 2.0 at the end of the game's life ) , chapter V will come with a marketing campaign ( like "in the name of the tsar" dlc for BF1) , a lot of player will come back and a lot of new ones too . It could be a second chance for the game ( like BF1 ) ... but if nothing change and if the game is still frustrating because PC balance doesn't work on console server, it's gonna be a failure ... AGAIN ... 
    TTK 2.0 basically killed BF1 ... so lets NOT hope they do something stupid again ...
  • THERAMPAGE_ci0h
    256 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Battlefield V killed himself , on console it's a pure garbage since the alpha ... so let's hope they will do something to make it enjoyable on console ( slower TTK + bringing 3D spot is a part of the solution ) BF1 right now isn't a bad game if you change your FOV to prevent random bullet deviation, there is 3D spot, there is a slower TTK ( faster than launch ), audio mix is perfect ( you can easily ear and know where are the ennemies just with their foosteps sounds ) and there is no instadeath / death at cover issue, campers are not everywere exploiting the prone "invisible" meta ... It feel and play better than BFV 
  • disposalist
    8842 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    THERAMPAGE_ci0h ...change your FOV to prevent random bullet deviation... 
    You know changing your FOV just changes what the deviation *looks like* it doesn't actually alter it, yeah?
  • Jarp75
    88 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2019
    Please no more 3D spotting in Battlefield games. This was the best decission that DICE made. Now you can run across the map without lights all over your head.
  • 6r67uvv1n25z
    129 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Make ttk more hardcore. Remove all spotting. You all sound like sissy’s
  • BURGERKRIEG
    1046 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I don’t mind the TTK in theory but in practice it isn’t working. Maybe it’s the servers, the netcode, I don’t know.

The one frame deaths have been a problem since launch. The TTK doesn’t match the TTD. I think it’s why people rage quit.
  • disposalist
    8842 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Jarp75 said:
    Please no more 3D spotting in Battlefield games. This was the best decission that DICE made. Now you can run across the map without lights all over your head.
    And you can lie hiding in a pile of clutter kill after kill yay
  • CSO7777
    1717 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2019
    I don’t mind the TTK in theory but in practice it isn’t working. Maybe it’s the servers, the netcode, I don’t know.

The one frame deaths have been a problem since launch. The TTK doesn’t match the TTD. I think it’s why people rage quit.
    Exactly, TTD is still the problem, killing people doesn't feel too fast, but dying does.

Doritoes is awful, I got so many cheap kills in BF1 (probably in the thousands) just by shooting doritoes and it really is a stupid/cheap game-mechanic, that I personally never want to see in a game again. We still got them in BFV, but they are at least reduced a lot compared to BF1/BF4 and are now class-specific (flares and LMG-suppression). The same goes for BF4's showing on minimap when firing guns, again a stupid/cheap mechanic that hopefully never gets back in BF-games again.

TTK2 in BF1 was good IMHO, it more or less buffed support and many of the assualt weapons, compared to BAs and shotguns (and the Automatico). BF1 already had low TTK, if you used the right weapons. It changed the 'meta' for the better and made more guns viable in the game.

The TTK in BFV doesn't really feel much faster than TTK2 in BF1, but TTD does. The "netcode" in BF1 works better than in BFV and that is the biggest problem.
  • BURGERKRIEG
    1046 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    CSO7777 said:

Exactly, TTD is still the problem, killing people doesn't feel too fast, but dying does.

Doritoes is awful, I got so many cheap kills in BF1 (probably in the thousands) just by shooting doritoes and it really is a stupid/cheap game-mechanic, that I personally never want to see in a game again. We still got them in BFV, but they are at least reduced a lot compared to BF1/BF4 and are now class-specific (flares and LMG-suppression). The same goes for BF4's showing on minimap when firing guns, again a stupid/cheap mechanic that hopefully never gets back in BF-games again.

TTK2 in BF1 was good IMHO, it more or less buffed support and many of the assualt weapons, compared to BAs and shotguns (and the Automatico). BF1 already had low TTK, if you used the right weapons. It changed the 'meta' for the better and made more guns viable in the game.

The TTK in BFV doesn't really feel much faster than TTK2 in BF1, but TTD does. The "netcode" in BF1 works better than in BFV and that is the biggest problem.
    Previously Battlefield was a game that offered different modes and different experiences. Normal, hardcore and had rented servers that allowed a clan or community to tailor a game to their own specifications. For whatever reason EA/DICE decided to kill all that off completely.

The desire to create a singular one size fits all game mode hasn’t worked for Battlefield. 
  • NLBartmaN
    4484 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    CSO7777 wrote: »
    TRK story

TTK2.0 in BF1 made BF1 one big campfest, just like it does to BF V.

The TTD problem also got worse in BF1 when TTK2.0 was added.

The current (base model) consoles in combination with the frostbite engine and poor servers can't handle that...
  • VOLBANKER
    1596 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    VOLBANKER wrote: »
    (Quote)

What if there was a normal mode (no 3D spotting, attrition included, fast ttk), and a ridiculous mode (3D spotting, no attrition, and slower ttk).
    Which mode would you play?
    If 3D spotting is BF1-type spotting where you can just spam Q to spot, then it’s not for me.
  • TropicPoison
    2503 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2019
    I was saying this when the game came out the ttk is what killed it for me, along with the garbage class balance, and absolute crap vehicle gameplay and maps.

Not that big of a fan of the gunplay probably at the bottom for me enjoyment wise.
    Post edited by TropicPoison on
  • BFB-LeCharybdis
    857 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The TTK isn't really all different from BF1 TTK.2, which for better or worse feels like a good compromise between those that prefer a high and low TTK.

The TTD most of the time feels more like the MW Beta.

Jack Frags stated in a video a while back that Frostbyte was struggling with the Nvidea tech, resulting in the problems we still have now. 

How does technology designed purely for the PC platform end up so severely disrupting console performance? Genuinely curious about this if anyone knows. 
  • MarxistDictator
    5131 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2019
    NLBartmaN wrote: »
    CSO7777 wrote: »
    TRK story

TTK2.0 in BF1 made BF1 one big campfest, just like it does to BF V.

The TTD problem also got worse in BF1 when TTK2.0 was added.

The current (base model) consoles in combination with the frostbite engine and poor servers can't handle that...

What a load, TTK was unchanged outside of 12m. Do people really think 95% of gunfights occur in the span of doorway? We get it, camping was somehow made worse even though Scout score/play time % of the whole went down post TTK 2.0, and whatever other 'actually the exact opposite thing occurred because TTK 2.0 bad anyway'.