If you could pick one battle to add to BFV, what would it be?

Kruziikrel01
4 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
I would choose the Siege of Castle Itter. It is never gonna happen because the Schutzstaffel is the other side, but it would be amazing to see. Don't know how they would do it though. Maybe they would have to make a new "mixed" German/American faction?

Comments

• ChickenTheTank
    834 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I just hope the Pacific and other content moving forward gets away from the unknown battles approach.

All battles are unknown to this generation of consoles. Give me some darn big crazy BF battles I know!
  • leeroynorth
    61 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Dunkirk. Would be a great rush map. You could also do conquest of course. Building to building combat, fields, beach tanks, planes. Yes please.
  • Kruziikrel01
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Real Ww2 could be nice
    Hard to pick just one because BFV is in dire need of proper WW2 settings.

Yeah. If Pacific isnt done right, Im gone for good.
  • ChickenTheTank
    834 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Real Ww2 could be nice

What if they keep adding incremental things that improve the atmosphere, and it all culminates with the Soviet front?

A man can dream...
  • SuperiorByGender
    3239 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Some Italians battles would be nice. Invasion of Sicily for example.
  • Hawxxeye
    7778 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    the attack on Normady or some of the battles related to the Italian attack on Greece before Germany decided to interfere.
  • DingoKillr
    4352 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2019
    Battle for Hong Kong or the battle of the Kokada track.
  • Zviko0
    1718 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    That's what is disappointing about BFV for me. Wasted opportunity. Map wise, it should've been BF1942 and this thread probably wouldn't even exist. If I had to pick one, it would be anything from BF1943. Those 3 were the maps I enjoyed the most in BF1942 too and we are actually getting (at least)2 in BFV so that's sorted. I will probably never touch any other map once Pacific is out but still hoping for some more BF1942 maps in the future.
  • Trokey66
    9160 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Who cares as long as the map (where ever it is based) plays well!
  • UltraMG42CamPeR
    351 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    D-Day
  • jroggs
    1226 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Dieppe Raid - The bold but disastrous Canadian-spearheaded effort to test Germany's defense of Normandy. I can't believe they gave us Lofoten (a virtually bloodless mission) instead of this.

Battle of Wanjialing - A meatgrinder of a battle where the Chinese Nationalist forces blunted the offensives of the Imperial Japanese war machine so badly that the Japanese had to resort to poison gas, incendiary bombardments, paradropping officers, and all kinds of other desperate measures.

Battle of Singapore - Arguably Imperial Japan's greatest victory, quickly capturing a citadel island thought impregnable, triumphing through combined arms and brutality against the numerical superiority of the British.

Battles of Rzhev - The bloody warfare outside Moscow after the Soviets halted Operation Barbarossa. Could include the Vyazma airborne operation.

Battle of Brody or Prokhorovka - As long as they can make it distinct from Panzerstorm in visuals and terrain. But there has to be at least one big German-Soviet tank clash map.

The Warsaw Uprising - The largest military resistance effort of the war, the Polish people attempted to liberate their capital from Germany in sync with an anticipated Soviet advance. But despite the brave fighting in the streets, the uprising failed when that help never came.

D-Day and Stalingrad - The Germans have largely been winning the battles of BFV so far, but the Allies have to start winning in the end. And let's face it, everybody wants these maps and they would build massive hype to bring in fresh blood.
  • krliathbirdeate
    293 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Probably non of what we said would happen and even if it does EA Dlc cost 50$
  • mrtwotimes
    823 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Battle of Helms Deep   ;)
  • Elephante33
    361 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    battle of Antwerp
    battle of Berlin
    battle of Guam
  • dICEHOUSE
    570 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Battle of Kursk.
  • Woodlbrad
    744 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Never go full ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ with lesser known battles it clearly won’t sell very well compared to famous battles they need their heads checked.
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    3417 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I'd pick Wake Island. Yes, some people might say it's overused, but it's 'overused' because it's an iconic map in this franchise.

However, if you're going to remake this map, pretend that the BF3 version doesn't exist ... use the BF1942 or BF1943 layouts for inspiration.