Weekly Debrief

Windows 10 Update Fixed The Stutter

13»

Comments

• Cerben1
    265 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    @chinook240
    Is the update you're speaking of,  The ones that Dropped for me this evening?

The updates I got tonight were : 
    • KB4501375
    • KB4502584
    • KB4503293
    After playing a few rounds,  Stutters are seemingly gone.
    TY this worked perfect for me as well =) 
  • _astrix_au
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2
    I did update my driver yesterday as well from 19.6.2 to 19.6.3. I'm gonna try reverting and see if that fixes it.
    I  tried previous version 19.6.2 it has slightly less CPU usage but it's smooth. At least 16.9.3 ran  smooth just a hell of a lot of CPU usage and cutting it too close for my liking. I'm reverting back to 19.6.3 which makes sense as it's meant for the latest windows updates.

I'm gonna get a new SSD this week so I'm gonna try a clean install on Windows 10 Pro 1903 I think this should work much better than going through the update route. I gonna buy a larger SSD as my Samsung 840 EVO  500GB isn't cutting it anymore with my ASUS Maximus VI Formula.

• 5hadyBrady
    441 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I love how everybody just assumes there's a certain amount of competence at DICE , and expect this to be user error. Is it because the stuttering issue has been here for so long? Keep in mind, there's still a standby memory issue associated with BF1 and BFV that has been present since October of 2017 after the Windows 10 fall creators update. There has never been an attempt to remedy this by the developers. Most users are dumping standby memory with third party software lol. So , to assume the stuttering is user error , even after it's reported so frequently by PC players is a bit absurd tbh. If I had to bet on it, I would look toward the servers. I have network graph set to display on errors , and it's always popping up with stuff at the same time I experience the stutters. It doesn't happen in BF1, and it doesn't happen in any other game I play. The stuttering happens during firefights, and is typically a up/downstream packet issue. The stuttering also happens after I kill an enemy. Which is hilarious because the only way I can play BFV without stuttering is to avoid killing people.
  • Lahoo_Eckbert
    1284 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    There is definitely a randomness factor to BF V performance. Which is the annoying part. Some people don't experience frame spikes or stutter, some do. 
    Some people experience them more often then others. And sometimes game stutters, sometime it doesn't. Yesterday there was some frame dips and stutter for me, but the day before there wasn't any. I'm starting to wonder if servers also have something to do with stutter and performance issues in general. 
  • 5hadyBrady
    441 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2
    There is definitely a randomness factor to BF V performance. Which is the annoying part. Some people don't experience frame spikes or stutter, some do. 
    Some people experience them more often then others. And sometimes game stutters, sometime it doesn't. Yesterday there was some frame dips and stutter for me, but the day before there wasn't any. I'm starting to wonder if servers also have something to do with stutter and performance issues in general. 
    Bring up the network graph to display on problems only , this way it's not on your screen the entire time (even though it will be), because you will quickly learn how bad the network performance is on their servers. It is 100% the servers. Even if the stuttering for some users is related to hardware or software on their end, I can 100% confirm the EA servers are massively unstable and cause a variety of problems , one of which is stuttering.
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1618 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 3
    Installed last night after it became available to me in Windows Update  (I understand Microsoft are staging the roll out).  The Media Creation route was failing as it said my machine had incompatibilities. Stuttering seems better, FPS is still not brilliant but Devastation Conquest definitely seems smoother. I didn't notice any FPS warning indicators either!

Specs

i5 4690k
    Gigabyte Z97P-D3 LGA1150
    16 GB DDR 3 Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel
    Gigabyte GTX 1060 WINDFORCE OC 3GB
    Samsung Evo 850 250GB SSD
    GPU Driver Version - 430.86
    Windows Version - Win 10 Pro X64 - 1903

• DrunkOnRedWine
    1618 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    And the fake news of the day award goes to?!
    Nothing fake about it, it has been reported on Reddit too that for some this has resolved the stuttering. Also Windows versions 1607 or less do not stutter either.
  • chinook240
    90 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    And the fake news of the day award goes to?!
    Nothing fake about it, it has been reported on Reddit too that for some this has resolved the stuttering. Also Windows versions 1607 or less do not stutter either.

Thank you, I did say in the OP that I'd seen this fix reported on a thread dating to December 2018. I'm glad it seems to have worked for some.  However, although it has cured the stuttering and frame drops to a significant degree, the lack of smooth gameplay and instakill are still a PITA. 
  • SirBobdk
    4128 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Cerben1 wrote: »
    so just hang in there and wait i they might fix it. 

Hope so. Had to stop playing after last patch. Didnt have any problems before april patch. But the last 3 ones did a lot of damage on my side.
  • Cerben1
    265 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    its allot of problems in this game atm but i have not been playing any Dice games they have not fixed and i wold be surprised if they dont fix this game also it can take time but its so many things that can go wrong in to days games 
  • EDK-Rise
    24 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    install nvidia driver v425.31
  • LOLGotYerTags
    13308 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    New update has been rolled out to Windows Insider consumers.

The build number is : 18392.1000 and is only available on fast ring for the time being.
  • StingX71
    817 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Does seem to have smoothed out the game some.  Still have 100% CPU on some maps, Rotterdam being the worst which causes stutter.  Cranking up the Resolution Scaling to 130% seems to settle my cpu, but eats up some fps. 
  • viper1152005
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    On a x99, 6850K, 64 gigs memory, 1080TI, Realtek audio, HDR CHG70 samsung 1440P.  Intel 1TB SSD (games), Samsung 960Pro 512gb OS, No stutter for me past first texture load. so after 4 seconds on a new map it's fine. what specs everyone else running.
  • _astrix_au
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 6
    StingX71 said:
    Does seem to have smoothed out the game some.  Still have 100% CPU on some maps, Rotterdam being the worst which causes stutter.  Cranking up the Resolution Scaling to 130% seems to settle my cpu, but eats up some fps.

_astrix_au said: 130% res scale has reduced my CPU usage as well thx.
  • iHer0TK
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It totally workded for me. Stuttering completely gone. Just download Windows 10 Update Assistant (Let it download over night if you got a slow connection). 
  • g0merpile
    683 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2
    g0merpile said:
    Yup,  I'm sorry but I have to disagree with you here @chinook240

The 1903 update doesn't do anything when it comes to BFV,  In fact,  The latest few major version releases of Windows 10 has hampered performance of BFV for quite some time.

Pretty Early builds of Windows 10 don't suffer game slowdowns,  And add to the fact that the issue only really reared it's ugly head 2 patches ago ( BFV patches ) then it is clearly a software issue with the BFV Client performance and stability,  Newer builds of windows 10 just compounds the issue further in my experience.

It is the meltdown patch and spectre patch. Each version of win 10 update comes with updates for that patch. Disable meltdown and spectre.

Bumped up for carbonic.
    Edit: Notice the date of this post.
    Post edited by g0merpile on
  • duendemago
    77 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Riflen said:
    Not sure why you’re saying fake news, I’m simply reporting what I’ve found in the hope it’ll help others? Do you have issues?
    Many people have been using Windows 10 1903 with full screen optimisations disabled for a long time and still this game stutters. It is a DICE back-end server problem. I understand why people are confused and looking to their hardware / software configurations as the cause, because most games are not designed in such an insane manner as to have server issues affect the player's experience so drastically. I fully expect as soon as you join a server that exhibits the problem(s), or begin progressing on a particular assignment, or combination of assignments, that the game will stutter.

Finally someone confirmed my suspicions, that explains why even gamers with very high end rigs with 2080s and I9s are still having very bad performance, stuttering ,etc.!!!! But Dice and EA are very shady about sharing info about their server issues...in fact, NO BODY TALKS ABOUT SERVER ISSUES! So sad, such a beautiful game and almost a year has passed and we haven't experienced the full product yet....
  • DaChileanSeabass
    165 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    5hadyBrady wrote: »
    I love how everybody just assumes there's a certain amount of competence at DICE , and expect this to be user error. Is it because the stuttering issue has been here for so long? Keep in mind, there's still a standby memory issue associated with BF1 and BFV that has been present since October of 2017 after the Windows 10 fall creators update. There has never been an attempt to remedy this by the developers. Most users are dumping standby memory with third party software lol. So , to assume the stuttering is user error , even after it's reported so frequently by PC players is a bit absurd tbh. If I had to bet on it, I would look toward the servers. I have network graph set to display on errors , and it's always popping up with stuff at the same time I experience the stutters. It doesn't happen in BF1, and it doesn't happen in any other game I play. The stuttering happens during firefights, and is typically a up/downstream packet issue. The stuttering also happens after I kill an enemy. Which is hilarious because the only way I can play BFV without stuttering is to avoid killing people.

Ive been in stutterfeast since release of bf5. I got used to it by ignoring it but its not to enjoy the game but to complete weekly stuff quickly and wait till next week cuz the game goes up and down