*FIXED* Game crashing to desktop after patch today

Comments

• Mecc1
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Disabled dx12 worked for me. Played 1,5h after thar without crash.
  • Ovais9er
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    i am having this problem since the Sep 2019 update. Have tried everything but nothing works.

Need HELP.
  • UNCLEJUlCE
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    not fixed. just crashed.
  • bigdaddygonutz
    214 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Ovais9er said:
    i am having this problem since the Sep 2019 update. Have tried everything but nothing works.

Need HELP.
    Me too 

Started with latest Sep update - tried everything and no solution........... even formatted SSD and tried various versions of Win 10 and Nvidia drivers.......... no solution
  • orangesmooothie
    12 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I use intelligent standby list cleaner while playing. It's fixed every issue with every game I play.

You can get it here
    https://www.wagnardsoft.com/content/intelligent-standby-list-cleaner-v1000-released
  • XxPhantombrOxX
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Same issue since September updates.  No solution, uninstall game/origin, reinstall game/origin, cleared cache, and files from the link above.   Drivers are up to date (yes all of them). OS is up to date.  HAVE NOT HAD THIS ISSUE UNTIL SEPTEMBER UPDATE. I really enjoy playing and hope a solution comes out.
  • talkingINTROVERT
    5 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    everything was nice and smooth. no crash, no stutter. and then Update 4.6 came along. ****. reinstalled windows 5-7 times. reinstalled the game, origin several times and still the same. for some reason, in  Windows 10 Home Version 1607 it seems a little bit better. crash is still there but slightly less frequent. 
  • talkingINTROVERT
    I use intelligent standby list cleaner while playing. It's fixed every issue with every game I play.

You can get it here
    https://www.wagnardsoft.com/content/intelligent-standby-list-cleaner-v1000-released
    lol. still nothing, same ****.
  • ZyRonNR1
    43 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I fixed my crashes (CTDs) by LOWERING RAM mhz. Still my RAM is sold as 3000mhz memory, but when I lowered to 2666mhz my crashes is gone. If this dont work for you try to increase VOLTAGE on RAM.  My crashes had certianly something to do with my RAM. Good luck! Oh and I tested my RAM before downclocking with memtest86 and it passed every run, so don't trust this.

//Z

• talkingINTROVERT
    ZyRonNR1 said:
    I fixed my crashes (CTDs) by LOWERING RAM mhz. Still my RAM is sold as 3000mhz memory, but when I lowered to 2666mhz my crashes is gone. If this dont work for you try to increase VOLTAGE on RAM.  My crashes had certianly something to do with my RAM. Good luck! Oh and I tested my RAM before downclocking with memtest86 and it passed every run, so don't trust this.

//Z

dude you are a life saver. my ram is usually overclocked to 3200mhz, but set it to default 2300mhz. have been playing for 3 hours straight and no crash. thanks for sharing your experience here man, appreciate it. on a different note: i always get better FPS in Windows 10 Home Version 1607. Dont know why. but I dont wanna use that version of windows as its almost three years old now. currently running Windows 10 Home version 1903.
  • talkingINTROVERT
    Ovais9er said:

Need HELP.
    Me too 

Started with latest Sep update - tried everything and no solution........... even formatted SSD and tried various versions of Win 10 and Nvidia drivers.......... no solution
    ZyRonNR1 said:

//Z

dude you are a life saver. my ram is usually overclocked to 3200mhz, but set it to default 2300mhz. have been playing for 3 hours straight and no crash. thanks for sharing your experience here man, appreciate it. on a different note: i always get better FPS in Windows 10 Home Version 1607. Dont know why. but I dont wanna use that version of windows as its almost three years old now. currently running Windows 10 Home version 1903.

• gailjon
    78 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Now doing it for me now. Tried hotfix drivers, no luck. Approx 5 seconds in game, then ctd. No error message, nothing.
  • talkingINTROVERT
    anybody seeing lower FPS? I used to have 170+ constant fps before, in all maps basically. but some maps in squad conquest seems okay. but the rest is 120 fps average. using gtx 1080 ti, with i7-8700. 16gb ram. 1440p everything low except mesh quality ultra.
  • Lou00007
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Borderless works for me only
    Laptop user with rtx

They gonna ruin it specially with cheaters....ffs
  • GROM_SPB_RUS
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ombre370 said:
    Hey guys! I'm a software engineer (developing games as well). And honestly, I must say: congratulations, DICE! You've successfully created an issue in BF V, that I couldn't be able absolve using my entire knowledge and experience about computers. Now let me tell you what I've tried to fix CTD (Crash To Desktop) - NONE of them worked (...):
    1. Quick solutions :)
      • Software
        - disable DX12, DLSS, RTX ..(and everything related to those) in game, lower some graphic settings
        - reboot PC + use Antivirus - scan for malware, then try to turn the antivirus itself on/off
        - restart game/origin
        - delete BF V save from the ~/Documents folder in Windows
        - in game, change from borderless to fullscreen or vice versa
        - close every other overlay software like Discord, Nvidia Control Panel, (browser too), etc.
        - turn on the Future Frame Rendering option
        - check your installation hard drive for errors.
      • Hardware (kinda)
        - check your PC's minimum requirements for the game (that must be order 1!!!)
        - check if you have the latest updates installed for all of your
        - uninstall and re-install your graphic drivers
        - remove all kind of overclock from your computer (XMP included), set everything to default in BIOS
        - check the monitor's refresh rate and resolution, it might differs from in-game settings (e. g. high MHz)
        - check your pc's parts one by one, especially the PSU (Power Supply Unit)
        - you might have overheating problems, also check the temperature of your PC on some live diagnostics      software
    2. Common solutions B)
      • Origin related
        - re-install or update origin
        - clear origin cache - https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/
        - right click on Battlefield V, and choose "Repair Game" option
        - turn off the Origin in-game overlay
      • Game related
        - re-install or update Battlefield V
        - reset to default video settings
        - open Battlefield V\__Installer\vc\vc2015\redist\ and select vc_redist.x64 or vc_redist.x86 if you have          32 bit OS, then install them
      • OS (Windows) related
        - re-install or update Windows
        - turn off/on DPI scaling on the BF V executable, running that and origin as administrator, etc.
        - try to disable/enable HDR at Windows settings (also try every variations with game HDR settings)
        - use CCleaner https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-use-ccleaner-to-fix-pc-issues/
        - re-install DirectX
        - the virtual memory should be activated and managed by windows
    3. Hardcore solutions :#
      • Reactionary
        - send a kind message to Support, they can help more than you think (lol o:))
        - pray to your God, or if you are an atheist, simply try to pray to DICE
        - wait for next patch, your problem might be fixed at next update
      • Seriously hardcore

(I don't recommend to try them)
        - in windows, check the router's port-forwarding towards Origin Launcher
        - reboot your router
        - make sure that your internet connection is not the cause of your sudden crashes (ask ISP, etc.)
        - check every single cables and little parts on your computer, make sure everything is 100% perfect
        - compare your PC with someone else's who plays BF V without crash and try to find out the issue
        - test the game with other (stock) video card, processor, RAM (...), different variations
        - change Vsync to Freesync monitor, or vice-versa (depending on your current video card and processor)
    4. Extreme solutions >:)
      (WARNING: this might make you stop playing Battlefield V and you'll want back your money)
      • 
      get brand new PC or Gaming Laptop
      • uninstall Origin, remove Origin from Registry, delete ALL files related to Origin, then re-install
      • log in to your account on another computer (the cloud save can differ from your local save)
      • if you feel like Origin's "raid" must be stopped, get a lawyer and move on https://www.origin.com/irl/en-us/store/great-game-guarantee-terms - you can ask for refund in the case of technical issues within the first 30 days of game launch (since we are way far from that in September 2019, I don't recommend to do this either if you're not a time + money millionaire)

If you have the same Crash To Desktop issue which is annoying me and tons of other players for one year straight now, please upvote my comment or send me a PM:

Dear Moderators,

This comment has been created to help people with their crashes and not to insult, nor attack DICE and EA with their wonderful developer team. I need the upvotes to show you, how many players are actually suffering from the same issue without any valid fixes in the past one year. Let me echo myself, NONE of the solutions above worked for me, that makes me think this is a directly-implemented "crash", not a real bug nor regular technical issue.

>>> That's my opinion about CTD and I can't prove it! <<<

Best regards and good luck with your crashes, ombre370 ;)
    Thank you.
    Repairing game installation solved my problem.

Game crush dump sayed that i have memory issue:

BUGCHECK_STR: APPLICATION_FAULT_NULL_POINTER_WRITE_INVALID_POINTER_WRITE_MEMORY_CORRUPTION_LARGE_256
    FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: MEMORY_CORRUPTION_LARGE_256_c0000005_memory_corruption!bfv
    FAILURE_EXCEPTION_CODE: c0000005

• KING_IN_YELL0W
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This game is an absolute joke. Nothing works to solve the crash issues, its pot luck if you find a fix. Their is an issue with the game itself. I have tried every step you can think of, I still cant play the game for more than 10 mins before crashing to the desktop. DICE haven't even acknowledged the issue have they?
  • I9sixty2
    39 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Nothing works to solve the crash issues, its pot luck if you find a fix. 

True. My pot luck was that I reinstalled the game and started it right after it is playable but still downloading.  And it started ....Then I resetted all video and let it finish the download.   Used GF Experience for optimized video and  no crashes anymore. But I have really no idea why it works now and earlier on with the same settings it didnt. 
  • Kompura
    276 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I haven't found any consistency about BFV crashes to desktop. Last few days it has worked fine and smooth but it can change any moment and start crashing. Earlier I changed Nvidia drivers, fixed game, emptied caches, lowered GPU clocks and so on and so on, but still it seems very random what actually helps. Game just starts working on some days and then breaks again without any logic.
  • sepp38517
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Game was crashing very often. When restarting I always got a message saying that some files are damaged. Repair really found invalid content and replaced these parts. In Windows event viewer I also found several events with disk errors. After replacing the ssd the game runs fine, even with DX12.