Weekly Debrief

$$ All you care about

General__Meyer
2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
I am absolutely bored with Battlefield 5. I have played Battlefield since the beginning on PC,, then following every console Game on PS4. Making us pay for skins is absolutely absurd and as a hardcore follower of Battlefield franchise I truly have pulled away. Now they've made a World War II based game which feels nothing like World War II, I am so done with you Battlefield, it's a sad day.

Comments

• cKrash32
    38 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Sure you pay for skins now compared to BF1, but BF 5 has a stellar live service that gives us free maps! We don’t need to pay for maps and split the community. It’s soooo great!!! (sarcasm; roll eyes).

What’s funny and sad is that people ARE purchasing the weapon and character skins. I know it’s their shillings and they should do what they want. But it irks me, since anytime I see purchased skins I think that DICE is winning the abysmal decision to not include the DLC map packs or premium pass.

Also, I find it funny the German skins are all vile and evil looking where the Allies look good and heroic. Another thread mentioned this. 
  • viper63x
    121 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 8
    Now please tell me how are they "making you pay for skins"? When those skins are 100% optional and do not affect the gameplay at all.
    Are you trying to say that skins should be free for you just because? Or there should be no skins at all?
    Because some skins look nice, and there is no way to unlock the skins in game, so you feel forced to pay for it because that is the only way to obtain the skins you want??

• TropicPoison
    2415 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I don't think the skins are worth complaining about tbh, if you want to talk about tank and vehicle gameplay in general along with garbage maps and crap class balance then I'm all ears, but yeah I strongly agree with the part about BFV is a WW2 game that doesn't feel like WW2 at all.
  • viper63x
    I don't think the skins are worth complaining about tbh, if you want to talk about tank and vehicle gameplay in general along with garbage maps and crap class balance then I'm all ears, but yeah I strongly agree with the part about BFV is a WW2 game that doesn't feel like WW2 at all.
    Some people are happy with the game and enoy it, and want to move on from all the negative side of things and just buy skins for the favourite gun.

• mrtwotimes
    764 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Oh no, someone stopped playing a video game?
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    5483 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    viper63x said:
    Now please tell me how are they "making you pay for skins"? When those skins are 100% optional and do not affect the gameplay at all.
    Are you trying to say that skins should be free for you just because? Or there should be no skins at all?
    Because some skins look nice, and there is no way to unlock the skins in game, so you feel forced to pay for it because that is the only way to obtain the skins you want??

Skins are meaningless. And making such big deal out of it is also meaningless. Some people have to grow up.
  • viper63x
    viper63x said:

Skins are meaningless. And making such big deal out of it is also meaningless. Some people have to grow up.
    they are not meaningless, its part of  customization for your favourite weapons usually.

Nobody has to "grow up"  either. 
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    5483 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    viper63x said:
    viper63x said:

they are not meaningless, its part of  customization for your favourite weapons usually.

They are meaningless as they have no affect on gameplay or your performance. Completely optional thing.
    So if you want to get those you have to complete some assignments or pay money. Not everything is behind a paywall though. 
  • viper63x
    edited October 8
    viper63x said:
    viper63x said:

They are meaningless as they have no affect on gameplay or your performance. Completely optional thing.
    So if you want to get those you have to complete some assignments or pay money. Not everything is behind a paywall though. 
    i dont mind having to compelete assignements to unlock skins, but the ones in the store can that be obtained through assignments? Are they very hard todo? Just wondering as OP said you have to pay for them, are there certain skin you can only obtain by pay for via the store? Also those costumes, the legendary ones, can you only obtain them through the store?
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    viper63x said:
    viper63x said:
    viper63x said:

i dont mind having to compelete assignements to unlock skins, but the ones in the store can that be obtained through assignments? Are they very hard todo? Just wondering as OP said you have to pay for them.
    Like I said, skins do NOT affect anything. Both your performance and gun stats will remain the same even with shiny parts applied to it. Get over it.
    Making such a gigantic deal out of optional customization sounds as dumb as it is.
  • viper63x
    viper63x said:
    viper63x said:
    viper63x said:

i dont mind having to compelete assignements to unlock skins, but the ones in the store can that be obtained through assignments? Are they very hard todo? Just wondering as OP said you have to pay for them.
    Like I said, skins do NOT affect anything. Both your performance and gun stats will remain the same even with shiny parts applied to it. Get over it.
    Making such a gigantic deal out of optional customization sounds as dumb as it is.
    your not answering my quetion, I don't mind that it doesn't have any impact on gun performance, that was never a question of mine to you.

• LOLGotYerTags
    13065 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    I don't see the need for them either,  If people want to spend additional money purchasing elite skins,  then all the more power to them.

I'm happy with the characters I've got in my company and the skins I've unlocked already through tides of war / company coin purchases.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    viper63x said:
    viper63x said:
    viper63x said:
    viper63x said:

your not answering my quetion, I don't mind that it doesn't have any impact on gun performance, that was never a question of mine to you.

Pay the money or get out. Crying won't change anything. It's 100% fair deal because of being OPTIONAL. 
    At least you kids are getting everything else for FREE. Maps, gamemodes, vehicles, weapons and so on. Yet you blow out of proportion such tiny thing as optional costomization. 
    I guess you can't be satisfied at all in the end.
  • viper63x
    edited October 8
    Also you mad a thread about lack of soldier customization, so it would seem that you  would be infavour of some customizations not being a pay feature only option?

• viper63x
    edited October 8

seems like i can't have a reasonable conversation with this guy in here, So I ask you, are there any skins or costumes I can't unlock through assignments, and only asa pay option.  I was interested in the legendary costumes, but last i checked i think its a pay only option?

Im away from home so, can't really look for my self, otherwise I wouldn't of bothered asking in here lol. Would of saved alot of bother on my part.
    Post edited by viper63x on
  • Titan_Awaken
    728 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    There is absolutely no reason whatsoever beyond greed why a Premium AAA game that has the gall to ask for $60 or $80 (or even $100 with their "Gold"/"Super Deluxe" Editions) UPFRONT should have ANY sort of microtransactions whatsoever; cosmetic or otherwise.

This is how you get trash like Ghost Recon: Breakpoint happening where literally every facet of the game is monetised beyond comprehension.

If Publishers want to do that sort of stuff, do it in a F2P game (ie. Apex Legends, Fortnite to name a few) or alternatively a mobile game.