Weekly Debrief

Do you think BFV fun to play now?

DrizZlingBear
8 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited October 9
Since BFV is gradually improving. Do you think the game is fun to play right now or do you still find it boring?Imo, I just cant seem to make myself to like this game like how I like BF1. I forced myself to play BFV and enjoy it but it is mentally exhausting to me. Let me know your thoughts!

Post edited by DrizZlingBear on

Comments

• X_Sunslayer_X
    863 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    well i like to call BFV a really average FPS game
    but an abysmal BF game and if you try hard enough to block out any other BF game it becomes a meh experience.
    just think of DICE as an indie studio from now on having their first crack at a FPS game and get plenty intoxicated with any substance of your liking that is legal to use :)
    then it can be a meh game for you too
  • VincentNZ
    2906 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Optimization is still underwhelming and therefore for a large portion of the playerbase performance is sub-par. Metro and Al-Sundan cater to certain player niches, and are for whatever reason, generally well-received, for me they just bloat the map rotation on servers.
    The current inability to customize my game experience to have a better game, leaves me with a game that I have to drop out of every 1-3 rounds (depending on if I want to play the maps I find mediocre and depending on assignments) and every minute spend in the awful menu system is a minute I absolutely hate and is wasted.
    Add to that that the game itself is just okay, and you have an overall mediocre game experience with phases of total agony.
    I will grant them that things are looking slightly up though, yet only if they can bloody well start to keep their schedule and try to give us a glimpse of their actual vision for this game instead of making it up as they go along.
  • Woodlbrad
    649 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It’s hard to have fun when the majority of the player base on ps4 is at best idiotic.
  • ackers75
    2392 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 8
    You lost me at the gradually improving part!
    It played better in the beta by a long way
  • Zviko0
    1628 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    For me it's always been fun, gameplay wise. It's the maps that made it boring for me. The lack of them, too small or just not good enough design, flag placement etc. And most of all, unknown battles. 
  • Kunstula
    422 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    No, not at all. The game is far more frustrating than it is fun, this is mostly because of a multitude very bad design choices like very poor class/weapon balance. I'm glad I decided to try it out though origin access basic for 1 month, that way I didn't waste much money of this pile of trash.
  • TEKNOCODE
    10859 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It has always been fun 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • krliathbirdeate
    293 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Nothing has change so i honestly don’t know its based on you i guess
  • ZephyX33
    2 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Long TTK makes this game not fun for me personally.
  • VOLBANKER
    1012 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    You really should reinstall the game and check for yourself.

The last few updates have generally been well-received adding stuff like minimap icons for ammo and health crates, Al Sundan map which many people think is the first “real” Battlefield-map in BFV (because of large distances between objectives just as in i.e. BF4), Operation Underground map which many find well-thought out and thus a lot of fun - and more.
  • CSO7777
    1196 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I think the game can be fun, but too often it's frustrating instead (visibility, sound, still a lot of small issues).

It has improved a lot from the launch, but somehow the issues still in the game is becoming more and more annoying.

Also the game is way more "sweaty" than BF1 and it can become a little tiring sometimes.
  • disposalist
    8607 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited October 8
    As much as I criticise BF5, I don't think it's actually *bad* in and of itself.  I mean it's not good, but it's not bad, overall.  It is, indeed, frustrating.

The problem is, I love BF1 and BF1 is so much better and BF1 is being killed off to make way for BF5, so I'm incredibly disappointed with BF5, relative to BF1, and incredibly annoyed it is the reason for dropping BF1.

Also, it's not just the bugs and issues that make BF5 disappointing.  It's the design decisions to make is hardcore-lite and competitive-ish and BR-lite and infantry-centric and badly balanced, etc, etc.  That won't get 'fixed'.
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    3386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Since BFV is gradually improving. Do you think the game is fun to play right now or do you still find it boring?Imo, I just cant seem to make myself to like this game like how I like BF1. I forced myself to play BFV and enjoy it but it is mentally exhausting to me. Let me know your thoughts!
    As I've said on this forum before, only we, as individuals, can decide whether a game is fun to play or not. All of the responses here (including the ones I personally agree with) are biased in some way, so you might end up thinking the game is in a certain way, whereas you might have a different opinion if you play it.

In your case, you've already bought it and played it. If you can't stand playing the game, then our words on this forum will have no impact on your enjoyment. We can't make you enjoy this game.

If I were you, and if I thought that this game was so mentally exhausting that I can't play it anymore ... I wouldn't play it anymore.
  • BrianLocal1
    492 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The truth is it's combo of BF and COD, with supply depots and fortifications thrown in and attrition.  I find it fun, but I can see how the changes throws a lot of standard BF fans off a bit and why they don't like it as much.
  • SirBobdk
    4070 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Imo the fun factor is 4/10 which is fun enough  to play, but much lower than other BF games, that I would rate
    7-9/10
  • OskooI_007
    786 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Maybe it will be fun with custom servers. We can tweak the TTK higher or lower. Ban one hit kill AT rifles. The new Pacific maps should be coming out too.
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1562 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 8
    Dreadful net-code and servers tempered with a proliferation of cheats is definitely dragging the fun factor down for me. I often wonder why I bother playing