Weekly Debrief

[Megathread] BFV and Cheating Discussion

Comments

• REBORN71
    96 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    For decades we the players have been able to deal with cheating on our own. There was a TK and if the cheaters were present their own team would chase them down and exterminate. Also we used to have community servers, clan servers with moderators and a community where regulars hang out like in my local pub - i new when i joined the server who i might be playing against who might come on in the evening etc.

None of this random rubbish. Servers used to have meaningfull names now i join server 6478654784393567932 and if by some reason id like to re-join after getting bad connection and getting kicked out of game or for taking a 3 minute **** break, unless i wrote that server number down before i joined the server there is not even the way to find server name once you are in the game.

You can't see who is on the server before joining which would be handy as i would not waste time joining over and over the servers to find same cheaters are in.

As for cheating -- yes many people complain when there are good players but come on today on 3 occasions throughout the day i followed guy on my own team purposely blocking him trowing smoke into his line of sight and generally trying to stop him getting kills -- he goes 146-3

he was getting kills through walls not even moving at one point as i blocked him into a corner of a room and he could not move.

and yes its getting ridiculous here in australia - at one point there was not a single game without some blatant cheating (mind ya we do have only 6 -12 active servers) 

Another issue PING - seriously we still cant limit ping on australian servers -- maybe that alone could help with cheating at least stopping all the cheats from china and yes they are from china/indonesia and all have 150+ pings
  • Mayday-IG
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Where is EA_Tom? What is EA doing? What is the timeline for implementing it? I’m here more than in game the hacking is so bad.
  • Major_Pungspark
    1488 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 8
    One big problem is that I feel that I care less for every obvious cheater I find, I also start to suspect everyone waaaaaaay faster because of that, and that is also having an effect on the situation for me. I mean, you guys had years to create a better AC system than fairfight that obviously doesnt work well enough, if it works, well, it probably does something but there is no point if it lets players cheat for weeks before doing something?
  • MOSSAD-RECRUITER
    337 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Thoughts have been shared a million times. And nothing has been done. Either you can't, or you won't deal with cheaters. If you can't, votekick is the best option.
  • TyroneLoyd
    1423 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Thoughts have been shared a million times. And nothing has been done. Either you can't, or you won't deal with cheaters. If you can't, votekick is the best option.

Its not
  • MOSSAD-RECRUITER
    337 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Its not
    So... whats better?
  • GVlXxf
    445 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 9
    r_aquarii said:
    i'm cancelling my origin access until EA wake up their idea and do something about cheater
    obviously , u can wake up, they don't care on anti cheating at all. for a human, life is so long, they can wait, but for a company, they make profit for survive in a capitalism society, they can't wait for profit lost , if the logic is true,  they should have a better and quick way to dealing with the cheating issue, so conclusion is they don't care it

i give up the game, i am playing anthem , FIFA20 and the division 2 etc, have better gaming experience than BFV,  may COD is next choice as it's cross platform, console have less cheating issue than PC
  • TyroneLoyd
    1423 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    So... whats better?
    Search your memory on a feature that was supposed to come last patch then ask me again.

I'm tired of explaining why vote kick wont work on official servers.
  • S1n31ra
    131 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH said:
    STOPchris wrote: »
    (Quote)
    This ship has long sailed. They were never going to/are never going to give us ANY servers other than the junk that we already see. Take a look at the old Call of Duty games, you can STILL find active servers today to play those games. Why? Because anyone can create a server for those games. Do you think EA wants people to be playing old BF games for years to come? No, they want you to be playing this years iteration for exactly ONE year when the next round comes out.

Are you not aware that we're getting private servers?

Soon.
  • STOPchris
    567 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 9
    The best option is everyone stops buying games from EA while they "figure it out". The only thing that is going to change EA is losing money. BTW, vote kick has always been terrible. People abuse the heck out of it, just like anything else where people are giving freedom to affect others.
  • zerweast
    26 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Its a game, people wont stop spending money on entertainment. People will still buy battlefield, but people will spend much less money on it. The pc gaming population in asia is massive, stressed out and criticised to death, people want to get away and play some games. But people cannot get good fun in bf5 so they stop spending money to buy extras, I think thats already the biggest hit. Free fps seems to be doing pretty well. 

It seems this big problem is only on asians pc servers, other regions dont seem to have this bad experience. And I enjoy playing on pc. I dont have a problem spending money on games or extras in steam or otherwise. Its entertainment and fun. BF5 plays well and looks good, but its not fun because of extreme cheating. The fix which seems to work before is to have private servers with patrolling admins. Why not implement this? And just do it for asian servers, the other regions dont seem to have this problem.

• RayD_O1
    608 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    zerweast said:
    Its a game, people wont stop spending money on entertainment. People will still buy battlefield, but people will spend much less money on it. The pc gaming population in asia is massive, stressed out and criticised to death, people want to get away and play some games. But people cannot get good fun in bf5 so they stop spending money to buy extras, I think thats already the biggest hit. Free fps seems to be doing pretty well. 

It seems this big problem is only on asians pc servers, other regions dont seem to have this bad experience. And I enjoy playing on pc. I dont have a problem spending money on games or extras in steam or otherwise. Its entertainment and fun. BF5 plays well and looks good, but its not fun because of extreme cheating. The fix which seems to work before is to have private servers with patrolling admins. Why not implement this? And just do it for asian servers, the other regions dont seem to have this problem.

I am afraid it affects a lot more than Asian servers EU servers have the problem also.
  • GenCuster
    83 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 9
    zerweast said:

I state ...
    I hope in private servers.
    But it won't be the best solution,
    because they will become like in BF3 / BF4 / BF1, some "hunting reserves" for those clans ....
    and they are more than you think,
    using low / medium / high profile cheats,
    where if a "normal" player ventures to say that there are gods
    cheaters comes automatically
    expelled (kick) from
    "GOOD" moderator .......
    while certainly the whole group will not expel one of his playmate.
    Another point against the economic one ..
    More and more clans / players have no problem paying private servers, let alone paying for cheats ...
    which kid nowadays doesn't have a debit card and € 10 a month for cheats ??
    This is my fear ...
    A desirable solution is ALWAYS the "super partes" ...
    a truly operating AC .. (economic resources from the game itself, not 5 € a month with origin access)
    the low cost invites only low profiles ...

Simple disquisitions of an old player ...

• ElliotLH
    8562 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    S1n31ra wrote: »
    (Quote)

Soon.

SoonTM. Lol.

Hopefully soonerTM than later.
  • Green-au
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Hi guys 

I first started playing online games in the bc2 days and have played every game since then that you have bort out and really enjoyed them .
    I'm in one of Australia's biggest clans TOG and we love all getting on each night to relax and enjoy a couple of hrs of BFV.
    But up until a couple of mths back I could put up with the odd hacker by just switching servers .
    Now this mth  I can't join any server without at least seeing 10 or more hackers and not just oceana players you see a heap of 140 ping plus players from Asia hacking to .
    When are you going to bring out a proper anti cheat or even better rental servers so we can act ourselves by cleaning this game up.

It's beyond a joke a whole server I was  in the other night reported some  guy with 140 ping and score off 165-5 and he  still hasn't been banned .
  • VOLBANKER
    1045 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I remember the good old Commodore 64 days.
    Every time the game publishers came up with a new anti-crack method, the crackers quickly found a way of removing this new anti-crack method.
    That will happen with EA’s rumored new anti cheat system too, no doubt.
    The cheapest, most simple and effective way of fighting cheaters is probably private servers.
    If you could set a minimum required rank to play on your server, then every cheater that gets banned from your server will not just be able to connect with another account straight away. He’d have to rank up first.
    Suppose you set a minimum rank of 50.
  • Green-au
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I've been a server admin before just having the power to kick hackers from your server creates a awesome server that the legit players will always fill and enjoy playing on  .very simple fix to me 
  • JCap334
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Cheaters aren't even trying to hide it anymore. Last night, I was playing with a blatant aimbotter in TDM and his name actually had the words "aimbot" in it, with some extras but ya know, can't name and shame lol. He was level 11 and destroying everybody in the server. According to his stats, he has well over 90% kill to headshot ratio with a few sniper rifles. DICE has given up on the PC community.
  • MOSSAD-RECRUITER
    (Quote)
    So... whats better?
    Search your memory on a feature that was supposed to come last patch then ask me again.

I'm tired of explaining why vote kick wont work on official servers.
    I did not  ask your opinion on why it won't work. I asked if you have an better idea.