Do you think BFV fun to play now?

Comments

• mrtwotimes
    806 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I've had fun with this and every BF game I've played.  I haven't seen most of the issues mentioned here (bad visuals, lag, etc) and realize everyone has their own play style or reason for playing.... so I don't sweat the small stuff like "too many snipers", "tanks are camping", "spotting issues", etc etc
  • Noodlesocks
    3173 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Gameplay is still the same ADAD+M1 it has always been. Content is good and all but if the core gameplay is shallow it's all for nout.
  • Draxonfly
    211 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Yes. Always been fun
  • KopaTropa123
    113 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I find it boring. I quit playing in May, for various reasons we don't need to bring up, I downloaded it again last week with the "new" underground metro map. I managed to force myself to play through the 2x breaktrhough and conquest. then i tried some of the new maps that had released since I quit in May. I couldn't even manage to finish a round on any of them. This game is just so slow paced for me it hardly keeps my interest at all. 

The game seems to be in a better state now than in May, which was nice. However, it lacks any "sandbox moments" of past battlefields. I am not even that hard to please, as I exclusively play BF4 Metro on hardcore, that's it, its enough to keep my interest. But i don't like Underground at all... it removes all the fun of pushing though by adding all those "flanking" routes that no one defends.

I just don't understand why they improved things along the way in BF1 only to revert back to the orignal features that were worse. As one example: the autoaim/aim assist whatever it is called on consoles, PS4, in BF1 it started that it would automagically snap to center mass no matter where you were aiming, then they improved it to snap to nearst bone so if you are aiming right it would snap to the arm not center mass. Now in BFV it snaps to center mass again.... I turn the sensitivety of this feature way down or off completely as I don't like it. but since there are no hardcore servers one can't keep pace with all the auto sniping and snap aiming that players abuse, that kind of gameplay is just so boring to me. And don't tell me the auto aim is disabled in multiplayer because it is not. go test it for yourself.
  • maskedocelot
    177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I much preferred battlefield 1, in BFV I often find myself getting bored mid game or just fed up. Part of it is probably the TTK I thought it was probably gonna be too fast for me in the beta so I shouldn't be too surprised but also I think lack of end of round team shuffle for me makes a big difference, lots of people leave 1 team mid game and it just carries on like that.

I can still have fun on it when the team is fairly decent and it actually feels like there's other players there that you see and interact with but when they're not good the game gets really boring, that's probably when the 1 shot kill stuff gets to me.
  • DrizZlingBear
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    VOLBANKER said:
    You really should reinstall the game and check for yourself.

The last few updates have generally been well-received adding stuff like minimap icons for ammo and health crates, Al Sundan map which many people think is the first “real” Battlefield-map in BFV (because of large distances between objectives just as in i.e. BF4), Operation Underground map which many find well-thought out and thus a lot of fun - and more.
    I did reinstall back to try out Al Sundan and operation underground. Was excited at first, but lost interest along the way.
  • TFBisquit
    1768 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Dreadful net-code and servers tempered with a proliferation of cheats is definitely dragging the fun factor down for me. I often wonder why I bother playing

Same here.
  • Blackidus
    273 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I´ve allways liked the gameplay in BFV, the thing is I really miss new maps, specially bigger maps.
    Al Sundan is really great as an actuall Battlefield map, Underground is also a great map but does not feel like real BF map in my oppinion.

So more bigger maps would make it much more fun, I think BF1 had this balance right between smal and big maps.
    To much focus on small maps and small gamemodes lately.

• G-Gnu
    1473 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Since BFV is gradually improving. Do you think the game is fun to play right now or do you still find it boring?Imo, I just cant seem to make myself to like this game like how I like BF1. I forced myself to play BFV and enjoy it but it is mentally exhausting to me. Let me know your thoughts!

What actually has improved ??? Nothing really important though.

• FatherDed
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I can see why some people say it's not like older battlefields - it does seem to lean more towards maps that are mostly infantry-leaning. But there's a bunch of big maps too - Panzerstorm, Twisted Steel, Hamada (I know some hate it but I don't get that), Al Sundan. But BF5 could do with more good big maps for sure.

I think nostalgia and rose-tinted spectacles comes into play when comparing to older BFs. I mean finding yourself stuck on foot on a map like Dragon Valley and hoofing it across emptiness for 10 minutes just to be shot in the face as soon as you got there wasn't fun. There was the bunny hopping, the base ****, a whole host of things people just to complain about - much as they do now. I do miss helicopters that were difficult to fly though.

A bit of perspective is required. If someone had shown a BF2 player BFV back in 2005, they'd have wet themselves with excitement.

And one thing I really really don't get, all the people who are raging about how terrible BFV is, what are they still doing here a year after it's launched??!? Despite how much enjoyment I'd got out of the BF franchise over the years, if I thought this one was that bad and that un-enjoyable, it would be sitting on a shelf unused while I did something else. It's a video game, if it's not for you, move on. 
  • FatherDed
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I can answer that.  For some of us it's more than a video game ....
    I get that people are invested in it. And that they would love to see the franchise continue and thrive. I've been playing since BF2 - put 600 odd hours into that. It was definitely the high point for me. At a time when the FPS's we had were Half-life 2, Doom 3, the original Far Cry and the like, it felt like a quantum leap. Compared to what else was around, it was just stunning to be able to hop into a game with 64 players in jets, choppers, tanks, APCs etc.  I would have jumped on BF1942 as well if I had a broadband connection at the time. I've played each iteration  since to varying degrees. It's the one game I've taken a day off work to play on launch day. 

Having said that, I'm loving BF5. I know it's had problems - it was in a terrible state at launch. It's pretty light on content in comparison to previous iterations. But some of the ranting on here is WAY out of proportion. If you played since BF1942, you'll probably remember the PlanetBattled forums. I was saying in another thread that at the time of BF2, those forums were alight with people raging about all sorts of supposed short-comings, threatening class action lawsuits against EA etc and now folk look back on it as one of the best battlefields. Same with BF4, when it launched the forums were the online equivalent of a mob of torch and pitch-fork weilding yokels storming the castle gates. 

I would bet my house that when you come back here whenever the next iteration launches, you'll have people outraged about some shortcomings (perceived or otherwise) while remembering the good old days of BF5.
  • BFB-LeCharybdis
    857 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    If at any point they decide to fix TTK/TTD then V would be a decent game (not as good as BF1, but better than BF4).

Bullets that hit doing actual damage might be a nice touch too.
  • disposalist
    8684 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    FatherDed said:
    I can answer that.  For some of us it's more than a video game ....
    I get that people are invested in it. And that they would love to see the franchise continue and thrive. I've been playing since BF2 - put 600 odd hours into that. It was definitely the high point for me. At a time when the FPS's we had were Half-life 2, Doom 3, the original Far Cry and the like, it felt like a quantum leap. Compared to what else was around, it was just stunning to be able to hop into a game with 64 players in jets, choppers, tanks, APCs etc.  I would have jumped on BF1942 as well if I had a broadband connection at the time. I've played each iteration  since to varying degrees. It's the one game I've taken a day off work to play on launch day. 

Having said that, I'm loving BF5. I know it's had problems - it was in a terrible state at launch. It's pretty light on content in comparison to previous iterations. But some of the ranting on here is WAY out of proportion. If you played since BF1942, you'll probably remember the PlanetBattled forums. I was saying in another thread that at the time of BF2, those forums were alight with people raging about all sorts of supposed short-comings, threatening class action lawsuits against EA etc and now folk look back on it as one of the best battlefields. Same with BF4, when it launched the forums were the online equivalent of a mob of torch and pitch-fork weilding yokels storming the castle gates. 

I would bet my house that when you come back here whenever the next iteration launches, you'll have people outraged about some shortcomings (perceived or otherwise) while remembering the good old days of BF5.
    I'll take that bet and you will lose your house.

I could only stomach about 50 hours of BF5.  I have never been disappointed in any previous BF.  I have played thousands of hours on the previous versions.

BF6 may well have shortcomings, but BF5 will never seem like "good old days" in a million years.
  • FatherDed

I could only stomach about 50 hours of BF5 

So at 40 something quid for the game, the 50 hours you've played have cost you less than a pound an hour. You say you've played thousands of hours of previous versions - so basically entertainment and enjoyment for pennies per hour. You think you'd be grateful. But instead you seem to think that it somehow gives you some ownership and entitlement. Just because a bunch of people in Sweden have in the past produced games that you got thousands of hours of enjoyment out of doesn't mean that there's some sort of onus on them to keep producing precisely the game you want indefinitely into the future. If you don't like BF5, too bad. I used to like The Simpsons, I don't particularly any more but I'm not going to spend my time grumbling about Matt Groening on the internet. You got your moneys worth. Grow up and move on.

• Ferdinand_J_Foch
    3410 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    FatherDed said:

would bet my house that when you come back here whenever the next iteration launches, you'll have people outraged about some shortcomings (perceived or otherwise) while remembering the good old days of BF5.
    I would hope that this ends up being the case, to be honest. Pretty much every Battlefield game I've played seriously has undergone this cycle; the game would go through countless controversies, but by the end of it's life cycle, it gets the appreciation that DICE always wanted.

Look at BF4. At one point, people hated it. There were lawsuits launched because of BF4. Thousands said that BF4 marked the end of the franchise ... and now, there is a massive legion of fans that love the hell out of it. To an outsider who follows these cycles, it seems confusing, but to Battlefield fans, this is a large part of our involvement in this franchise.

I hope that BFV ends up being the same, because it certainly didn't connect with the Battlefield community at the start, and it hasn't endeared itself to too many fans so far. Maybe, just maybe, this game will end up being cherished after another year of fixes and content updates, before we set to task to playing the next game. 

However, I have two concerns this time around. One, I'm still not entirely convinced that DICE can turn things around fully. DICE has always made silly errors in the past, but this time around feels ... different. I just don't have the same sort of confidence that I used to have in them anymore.

Second, I hope that this cycle ends. I hope that DICE is able to make a game in the future that has a strong start, a life that is mostly positive and controversy-free, and a legacy that is so positive that it doesn't have any footnotes talking about DICE mucking things up. My first concern feeds into my second one ... if they can't make BFV recover, how can we expect BF 2021 to have a strong start?
  • FatherDed
    I think half the problem is DICE have always tried to push the envelope, try new things and maybe bite off more than they can chew. The original COD-MW released 12 years ago and technically has barely moved on at all since. Personal tastes in gameplay aside, in comparison, look at how much battlefield has evolved technically in the same time.

I've been a developer for over 20 years (not in gaming), working on projects nowhere near as complex as something like a battlefield game and from my experience of how difficult it is to estimate projects and foresee problems, I'm astonished that game developments hit a release date announced 6-9 months ahead of time. It's no surprise they often release with issues
  • TFBisquit
    1768 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Shooters have always been fun to play, and one often forget the quality of the graphics when the gameplay feels good and exciting.
    Maybe Dice should focus more on playability instead of eyecandy.
    In any case, the game was fun for me upto february this year, after that some things changed for the worse, for me.
    So no, it's still the same, with the same poor server performance.
  • Prep768
    3441 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 10
    It's always been fun to play.  Once you get used to the changes from BF1.
     TEKNOCODE said:
    It has always been fun 🤷🏻‍♀️
    Really? Am I playing a different game? 
  • TyroneLoyd_TV
    1473 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 10
    Fun in spurts. Tedious after 2-3 hrs sessions