Weekly Debrief

$$ All you care about

Comments

• MOSSAD-RECRUITER
    319 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If someone are willing to pay extra to play with dolls, and EA wants to make money out of it, thats fine with me. Personally, I don't care, I'm in for the action.
    However not spending money on fighting cheating, is a huge problem in this game. I know, its costly to develop and maintain, and it will reduce paying players. But thats not an excuse. Its a shady and greedy business model.
  • NLBartmaN
    3312 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    At least you kids are getting everything else for FREE. Maps, gamemodes, vehicles, weapons and so on. Yet you blow out of proportion such tiny thing as optional costomization. 
    I guess you can't be satisfied at all in the end.

Players payed full price for those things by buying the game... they are not free.

As for skin having no influence: all the customizations settings from every pkayer have to be loaded and kept up to date during the game, this has influence on the performance of the servers.

The maps and color pallete also have to match the customizations in color tone and TAA (which gives the trash visibility) is also probably used because of the customizations.
  • baroncrovax
    254 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'd actually prefer if they were truly only profit-motivated. At least then my wallet could speak for me.

As we have seen there are other motivations that can often be at odds with a profit motive.
  • firechickenfan
    470 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    @viper63x

To answer your question, yes there are skins that are only available through purchase with money.

All legendary characters are for purchase only.
    All epic skins are for purchase only.
    All epic gun skins are for purchase only

If I am not mistaken, only common and rare skins can be acquired through in game assignments and in game EARNABLE currency.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    5483 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN wrote: »
    (Quote)
    At least you kids are getting everything else for FREE. Maps, gamemodes, vehicles, weapons and so on. Yet you blow out of proportion such tiny thing as optional costomization. 
    I guess you can't be satisfied at all in the end.

Players payed full price for those things by buying the game... they are not free.

As for skin having no influence: all the customizations settings from every pkayer have to be loaded and kept up to date during the game, this has influence on the performance of the servers.

The maps and color pallete also have to match the customizations in color tone and TAA (which gives the trash visibility) is also probably used because of the customizations.

The game has no premium dlcs so nobody is forced to pay extra to get more. Like all of you wanted and demanded. So yes, all post-release content is free and your argument makes 0 sense.
    Also, I have better performance in BFV compared to BF1, even with all those customizations in it. Go figure.
  • YourLocalPlumber
    2896 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 9
    @viper63x

To answer your question, yes there are skins that are only available through purchase with money.

If I am not mistaken, only common and rare skins can be acquired through in game assignments and in game EARNABLE currency.
    Wrong! A lot of "Epic" skins are obtainable through ToW ranks/Weekly challenges and special assignments. Elite skins are obtainable through shop only.
  • NLBartmaN
    3312 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

The game has no premium dlcs so nobody is forced to pay extra to get more. Like all of you wanted and demanded. So yes, all post-release content is free and your argument makes 0 sense.
    Also, I have better performance in BFV compared to BF1, even with all those customizations in it. Go figure.
    We got less content when buying the game, so in the end we just payed in front for the post-release content.

Next to that Dice/EA clearly are saving costs by releasing very poor quality content and using by far not good enough servers, so we pay, but just not directly for the post-release content, but indirectly ...

And yeah we know some are really benefiting from the very poor performance of the game for others, I am happy for you, but for a lot of players the game is pure trash.

It is pretty clear this game was made with only money in mind and not quality ...
  • Godmodegta
    330 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I mean, I get useless skin, and have no befit in battlefield, and no one forcing pay of course, but those price are absurd, those Elite and gun skin, you could buy 2nd BFV, or any other game.
  • BFB-LeCharybdis
    816 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Whether you appreciate MTX skins or not it's massively lucrative and highly popular. It just shouldn't be released with a highly broken game that needs massive amount Dev time spent on repair instead of content.

If this game had DLC I believe we would have had more content, but the state of it would have been pitiful and absolutely worthless.

A live service can work and has been proven too in multiple titles, just not when you release a game as shabby, broken and therefore as unpopular as V.

I do appreciate EA/Dice's decision to make MTX skins only (unlike say Activision) but in Battlefront (EA/Dice) and Anthem (EA/Bioware) all skins are available to their loyal player base through grind. It's only the Battlefield community that has EA's grubby claws permanently wedged in our wallets.

Yes a tiny selection of Epic skins are available through ToW, but the entire point of customisation is to make it personal to your individual taste, not Dice choosing for you.

Like everything else in V, good ideas very poorly implemented.
  • GenCuster
    71 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 9
    I would never pay for a skin .....
    I paid the game as Premium and I think they should give it for free 
    exactly like the DLCs. Who has not done Premium, would be free to buy them.
    Although in reality they have only a symbolic use,
    since they do not give any gaming advantage.
    But surely thousands of customization variables
    make the gameplay heavy to handle for the game engine.
    What surely many of us would pay without a price limit would be DLC with new maps or servers
    which are absolutely 110% guaranteed without cheaters.
    (P.S. I think I expressed myself badly ... I apologize)

Post edited by GenCuster on
  • ragnarok013
    3230 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Just a reminder to keep things on topic and civil. You can disagree about a game's business model, and that is the crux of this thread, without making it personal.
  • Woodlbrad
    649 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 9
    Can’t blame the op progression is garbage there’s nothing good to unlock or work towards after the initial stuff. It’s pointless company coin is worthless almost everything is locked behind a paywall and severely overpriced poor design imo. Let’s just throw more worthless cc at them with nothing to spend it on game is trash.
  • viper63x
    121 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield V Member
    @viper63x

thank you :)
  • cKrash32
    38 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    warslag said:

That's a really good point.

The price of the full-game being the same as the combined prices of 2 or 3 skins is not just outrageous, it's also an alarm bell for people who spend their time and money on games. It's a blatant sign of a scam that preys on the compulsive nature of players when they're video gaming. It's an act of conscious manipulation by game producers. They dangle this stuff in front of players constantly, and know that players feel a compulsion to spend money on their products. Game producers encourage, develop and exploit that compulsion. This affects everyone who plays video games including children.

I believe that we are being taken advantage of while we are playing these games. But then some people will say "why don't you just stop playing games then?" But the real question is "are video games safe and fair for the consumer?" The answer to that is "no!" The fact that these companies are getting away with it makes all those other organisations and politicians- who should have put a stop to these practices years ago - look as corrupt as the game producers themselves.

It seems to me that those who are responsible for protecting consumers are instead colluding with game producers to make this unregulated period of gaming last as long as possible out of complete and utter greed. We have been in this situation, where players' compulsion to play games has been nurtured and exploited by game producers, for so long, that it's now a disgrace for every day it continues.
    Your statement reminds me of the South Park episode "Freemium Isn't Free". It's a good one, check it out. It makes fun of the evil nature of these game developers to take advantage of  our compulsive nature.

Since some of us can be more compulsive than others the episode touches on how they get the small percentage of ultra-compulsive people to keep paying and playing to increase profits. It's scary funny! :)
  • viper63x
    121 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 10
    @viper63x

Wrong! A lot of "Epic" skins are obtainable through ToW ranks/Weekly challenges and special assignments. Elite skins are obtainable through shop only.
    ok. will check wen im back home.
  • cKrash32
    38 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Unfortunately I can be very compulsive, so I dont buy games anymore where they emphasize mtx. I didnt mind back in the day when I didnt look at the big picture and now I hate that all games are so hyper focused on micro transactions. I get the want to maximize profits, but they are running full speed ahead with reckless abandon and it will end with either legislative intervention or a gaming crash that will utterly destroy the industry... maybe even both.

LOL, watch out! Here come the congressional hearings and public announcements about compulsive video game behavior. 😊

Look. We are manipulated every day by companies who want us to purchase products. DICE and video gaming is no different.

Free enterprise is great!

Free thinking is better!

Consumer beware....
  • UraniumReaper
    577 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    cKrash32 wrote: »
    (Quote)
    LOL, watch out! Here come the congressional hearings and
    public announcements about compulsive video game behavior. 😊

Look. We are manipulated every day by companies who want us
    to purchase products. DICE and video gaming is no different.

Free enterprise is great!

Free thinking is better!

Consumer beware....

Mtx has already in the past year been banned in a country (more so considered to be gambling and thereforecant be sold to minors). It's not hard to believe it will happen again in more countries. I'm not saying I'm in favor of it, I'm saying that the companies are so hyper focused on short term profits that they are ignoring some very clear warning signs that the future is headed towards legislation and not to mention the more large scale encouragement of impulsive behaviors of young people (but that's more of an ethical ideal).

Being manipulated by companies is not unheard of it's true, however we are talking about manipulation of kids... which typically gets a very negative response. Notice how you dont see cigarette commercials in the US? that's mainly because they didnt want kids to get persuaded to start smoking. Once parents learn that MTX is basically gambling they will start to lobby against it being in videogames.