Weekly Debrief

Supperbullets and one frame death its here again Dice

2»

Comments

• Caustic
    27 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Also had the luxury of dying to 2 invisible soldiers yesterday. The first one didn't appear in the death screen (the game just focused on empty air - I got killed by a pistol) but the second one was way weirder. I was aiming down an empty hallway with a Lee Enfield when my aim suddenly locked onto open air. Fired and got a hit marker, then seconds later died to a guy who then appeared in front of me in the death screen with a SMG. Actually got that one on video at home. Absolutely terrible - if it wasn't for the Madsen unlock I'd have quit way earlier.
  • M_Rat13
    1057 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    G-Gnu said:
    Problem is that BF1 is not much better in that regard , though TTK is slower and therefore a bit more manageable.
    Network wise BF1 is more or less the same crap as BFV.
    Well for me personally, BF1 always ran super smooth. Not the case with other modern battlefields.
  • G-Gnu
    1416 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    M_Rat13 said:
    G-Gnu said:
    Problem is that BF1 is not much better in that regard , though TTK is slower and therefore a bit more manageable.
    Network wise BF1 is more or less the same crap as BFV.
    Well for me personally, BF1 always ran super smooth. Not the case with other modern battlefields.
    FPS wise yes , but most of the time the TTK and TTD are not remotely in sync with each other as in BFV. 
    Much of which probably has to do with higher latency players effing up the compensation in that game, because you can have matches without that annoyance.
    Not so much in BFV though.
  • LeesSummit09
    364 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Maybe it’s the server you join. Until now, playing underground, Ttk seemed fine. Today I feel like I am getting killed before I see the enemy even begin shooting. I can’t react at all.
  • A_al_K_pacino_A
    586 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Maybe it’s the server you join. Until now, playing underground, Ttk seemed fine. Today I feel like I am getting killed before I see the enemy even begin shooting. I can’t react at all.

I honestly think there is something in this. Performance really does vary round to round and day to day.
  • StupidNameHere
    77 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Been finding that even Call of Duty Mobile has better hit registration than battlefield and it's a mobile phone game.

Pity.
  • Hawxxeye
    5591 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    also the movement of everyone else seems faster and sharper than my own
  • NLBartmaN
    3312 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I have no doubt this is "the reason".

1 out of every 15 to 20 rounds on EU servers everything works and my stats at least double and I have almost no "netcode" problems.
    Those good servers give me a server tick between 10 to 12ms.

BF V servers are virtual servers (so more than 1 server on every hardware server).
    When there is demand virtual servers get started on a allready running hardware server with full servers with players on them.
    Even though the virtual servers are probably limited in the amount of resources (cpu, ram, network, disk, etc) they can use this will be instantly noticeable on the allready running servers.

The more ping differences there are between players, the more resources are needed to compensate for the differences, server tick goes up instantly.

For example: Running 4 virtual servers with lots of ping differences on 1 hardware server will give the worst performance you can imagine for players with "the wrong connection" because of the needed compensation and limited stressed resources.

Playing on a hardware server with only 1 virtual server running and most players having close to the same ping and the game will feel great and performance top notch.
  • Matty101yttam
    965 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:
    also the movement of everyone else seems faster and sharper than my own
    Is that on the run or strafing? I got a feeling the lack of inertia/momentum screws with player prediction.
    At the point where other people on your screen change directions the game lags out a bit so the player is actually offset to it's predicted position by a long way, so the game warps them much much quicker to their correct position trying to catch up. Then what should be the easiest point to hit someone(stalling when transitioning to the opposite direction) actually becomes the hardest.
    But i'm not sure why youtubers vids there doesn't seem to be this issue, when i watch those guys everyone moves very smoothly and are easy to predict, nothing like what i'm playing on, so may be at much lower pings the issue is greatly reduced.

As for superbullets one easy way to tell how it's never gone away is be looking at the lack of shotgun hate that was present in previous games, people hated the shotgun because it was instant death, but they don't complain now because that's what every gun behaves like when being shot.
  • dcs500
    1415 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Here again? When did it leave? 

Yeah, when was there a time when one frame deaths weren’t the norm?
  • viper63x
    121 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield V Member
    its alot worse now
  • NLBartmaN
    3312 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    viper63x said:
    its alot worse now
    It is pretty clear the servers are terrible again, not just for BF V, players playing BF H, BF4 and BF1 are complaining too.

The need to stop using poorly configurated virtual AWS (Amazon) servers and use a real capable gaming provider.

But this will probably be to expensive, there won't be enough money left for all the manager/investor bonuses ...
  • ProAssassin2003
    3360 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's the reason High ROF Guns dominate everything. You almost are forced to use High ROF weapons to kill anything.
  • CSO7777
    1196 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It's the reason High ROF Guns dominate everything. You almost are forced to use High ROF weapons to kill anything.
    I get one-framed by everything, pistols, slrs, lewis-guns etc. But spammable high ROF-weapons are best because of the crazy movement, which is probably also partly because of bad "netcode"
  • ackers75
    2392 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    CSO7777 wrote: »
    (Quote)
    I get one-framed by everything, pistols, slrs, lewis-guns etc. But spammable high ROF-weapons are best because of the crazy movement, which is probably also partly because of bad "netcode"
    Same here.
    Seems everyone runs around with a 50cal and I seem to have a potato gun!
    16ms ping zero jitter and zero packet loss and it plays like a dog.
  • MrCamp121
    559 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    CSO7777 wrote: »
    (Quote)

Same. Lately its been the MP28 dropping me when i fire first on my end. ALT+f4 too much for a game