Weekly Debrief

People on rooftops

filthmcnasty
477 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
edited October 7
In Operation Underground people are camping on a rooftop in the north western section of A, from the British spawn viewpoint.
I looked around and have no idea how they got up there, and they are impossible to rout because there are no artillery strikes available, grenades don't hit them, PIATs don't work, nothing does. This needs fixed.

I've seen it in Conquest but I'm sure it will be everywhere soon enough.

Comments

• Tullzter
    1092 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    do you mean the the little edge on the last floor of the building in A ? it looks like the rooftop but can be accessed from inside the building or via the long wooden ramp
  • filthmcnasty
    477 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    This is on the roof, above where the ramp is built. They were jumping from rooftop to rooftop
  • ElliotLH
    8391 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 7
    This is on the roof, above where the ramp is built. They were jumping from rooftop to rooftop

If it's the place I'm thinking of you half build a certain sandbag wall you can climb up. You can even get out of the map that way.
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    3386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Camping on rooftops is, unfortunately, a time honoured tradition of the Battlefield franchise. As long as you have verticality, you will have rooftop campers.

Even if an area is not meant to be accessible, somebody will find a way to camp on it.
  • ragnarok013
    3230 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    ElliotLH said:

If it's the place I'm thinking of you half build a certain sandbag wall you can climb up. You can even get out of the map that way.
    ElliotLH you can DM me the specifics on it and I can run it up the chain back channel as a bug so it doesn't become a common occurrence.
  • ElliotLH
    8391 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    ElliotLH you can DM me the specifics on it and I can run it up the chain back channel as a bug so it doesn't become a common occurrence.

@ragnarok013 I'll pop you through a DM momentarily. I'm surprised it hasn't made its way to EA Answers yet.
  • SPEEDYBUSTER
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 9
    I believe this is what they are talking about.

[edited]
    Post edited by ragnarok013 on
  • ElliotLH
    edited October 9

[edited]

Different map but possibly a similar method used though.

Probably worth sending it to ragnarok like I did with the Metro one.
    Post edited by ragnarok013 on
  • SPEEDYBUSTER
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    @ragnarok013

You might also want to forward this to the relevant team.

ElliotLH wrote: »

• Godmodegta
    330 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    oh that spot, it not bug or anything, you can build sandbag back there, also you can really pin down the enemy there, give you a slight view of where enemy come out spawn .
  • ElliotLH
    Godmodegta wrote: »
    oh that spot, it not bug or anything, you can build sandbag back there, also you can really pin down the enemy there, give you a slight view of where enemy come out spawn .

Not quite. I don't want to share the method but you can get outside the playable map area there and that would probably be considered an exploit. The room itself is fine and a great position for defense for sure though.
  • ragnarok013
    3230 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    ElliotLH said:

[edited]

SPEEDYBUSTERand ElliotLHI removed the link and sent it forward.