Planes ruin the game

13»

Comments

• Reignblazer
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If DICE means to leave AA guns in this practically useless state, then infantry needs a way to fight air. The Fliegerfaust fills this role, but it better be god-tier amazing to even put a little bit of fear into the minds of pilot players. Given that it will be a skillshot with probably not a whole lot of range, I am skeptical that it will be enough.

AA will still need buffs.
  • Endomyst
    4 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Overpowered and somewhat unnecessary to a degree, especially on snowy mountain map where theres only few approaches to conquer points.
  • SendTheInfantry
    811 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Levelcap mentioning the current broken meta again in his latest video at 5:33:

• mrtwotimes
    806 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I just took out 2-3 fighters last night with AA, and stopped plenty of planes from taking out my teams pilots.
  • VincentNZ
    3559 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    snavelaer said:
    people mentioning the Fliegerfaust a few times. 

I hope DICE doesn't introduce new weaponry. 
    I mean if the existing balance is already a problem than please do not introduce new weaponry making the whole experience different again. 
    Fix  and balance first the existing game and than you can start thinking about adding stuff. 

Well the FF is coming next week. It has 9 rockets and fires three round bursts at a speed of 200m/s if I recall correctly from the files. I can not say anything about the damage, naturally, but I doubt it will be strong. I mean sure, you will be able to take out bad pilots, just like I can kill people with anything. The issue is that you are trying to engage fast movers in a 3D environment with weapons that have a lower velocity than SMGs.
  • ElliotLH
    8698 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    VincentNZ wrote: »
    (Quote)

Well the FF is coming next week. It has 9 rockets and fires three round bursts at a speed of 200m/s if I recall correctly from the files. I can not say anything about the damage, naturally, but I doubt it will be strong. I mean sure, you will be able to take out bad pilots, just like I can kill people with anything. The issue is that you are trying to engage fast movers in a 3D environment with weapons that have a lower velocity than SMGs.

So long as we get those pesky 100,000,000 kills are assists 😉

I reckon it'll be like that AA rocket gun in BF1, where people will stop using it once the novelty wears off.
  • VincentNZ
    3559 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH said:
    (Quote)

So long as we get those pesky 100,000,000 kills are assists 😉

I reckon it'll be like that AA rocket gun in BF1, where people will stop using it once the novelty wears off.

That is another issue, of course. It splits the Assault capabilities in two, for a very niche gadget. I mean planes are only in this game to frustrate people on the ground, yet are hardly the gamechanger unless it is a breakthrough bomber. Yet the FF is a gadet taking a launcher spot on a class needed to deal with the vehicles on the field that have an impact on the rounds generally. In my book it should either take the spot of dynamite or go to the support kit, where attrition also plays a minor role.
    Also the damage against infantry is essential, in people picking it. If it is bad against infantry, it will not be used and if it is, it will be a detriment, since people can not engage vehicles anymore.
  • Trokey66
    8604 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)

That is another issue, of course. It splits the Assault capabilities in two, for a very niche gadget. I mean planes are only in this game to frustrate people on the ground, yet are hardly the gamechanger unless it is a breakthrough bomber. Yet the FF is a gadet taking a launcher spot on a class needed to deal with the vehicles on the field that have an impact on the rounds generally. In my book it should either take the spot of dynamite or go to the support kit, where attrition also plays a minor role.
    Also the damage against infantry is essential, in people picking it. If it is bad against infantry, it will not be used and if it is, it will be a detriment, since people can not engage vehicles anymore.

This is potentially a prime example of my 'pebbles in a pond' theory.

If this AA Launcher proves long term attractive, ie it is strong against Air AND infantry, there will be a knock on affect to the armour game.

It may well be a positive but could also be an issue.
  • VincentNZ
    Trokey66 said:
    (Quote)

This is potentially a prime example of my 'pebbles in a pond' theory.

If this AA Launcher proves long term attractive, ie it is strong against Air AND infantry, there will be a knock on affect to the armour game.

It may well be a positive but could also be an issue.
    Yeah that is why in a game like BFV, that relies on multiple people to engage one target, additional gadgets should be chosen carefully. Realistically there are only two options: Noone uses it and the game remains unchanged. Or it is good and some people use it, meaning there is a larger dent in AT-play.