Weekly BF

3 Free trial weekends are coming

llPhantom_Limbll
5628 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
https://www.ea.com/games/battlefield/news/free-trials

So if you are a PC player you can participate in upcoming free weekend trials. Just inslall BFV and you are able to join the game. As far as I know it will be limited to weekly rotation only like Rush tomorrow.
Still not sure how to feel about it though. Also not sure why is it PC only thing. 

Comments

• X_Sunslayer_X
    957 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    https://www.ea.com/games/battlefield/news/free-trials

So if you are a PC player you can participate in upcoming free weekend trials. Just inslall BFV and you are able to join the game. As far as I know it will be limited to weekly rotation only like Rush tomorrow.
    Still not sure how to feel about it though. Also not sure why is it PC only thing. 

maybe this platform has far and wide the least players and they are running out of ideas to keep it alive?
  • dayglowfroggy
    517 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Anything that's gets new players into bf5 is good in my book.
    I have just bought it for my nephew as an early Christmas present because its really starting to pick up now he is young and a fortnight player he has just sent me a screenshot when 26/16 on his first match!!
    wish I had those reactions.
  • trip1ex
    4868 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    sweet I can check it out.  no El Sand though!?!?!?!?!  That's a major bummer.  

• Draxonfly
    207 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Getting new honest players into the game is great. Bit worried about the cheating freeloaders though.. 
  • GrizzGolf
    1019 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I hope we get some new blood that stays 
  • jroggs
    545 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Looks like they're also just doing certain modes each time, doing Rush, Infantry Conquest, and Grand Ops in turn. Why?

Rush tends to be okay at best and utterly unplayably horrible most of the time. People will try that the first weekend and decide they hate the game. HUGE mistake. Then it's Infantry Conquest, with only five maps available. Better for players wanting to dip their toes, but again, why so limited? Last weekend is Grand Ops, which is probably the best idea if you're utilizing the unnecessary limitation.

And I have to echo Phantom's question of why this is only for PC. I know there are a couple extra hurdles for console, but I would think it would be worth it to try coaxing the fence-sitters who have been wary of pulling the trigger on buying BFV.

Are these trial players going to at least have access to a wide variety of leveled weapons, gadgets, and vehicles? Because this is also going to suck for them if they're starting completely from scratch, because most of them are not going to be able to unlock and level much in this time frame.

Don't get me wrong, a free trial to bring in new players is a good thing for the game, but this implementation is very poor.
  • SevenSe7en7
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This ploy is all Dice has in the bag to try and counter the Call of Duty juggernaut on the horizon. 
  • M_Rat13
    1285 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This ploy is all Dice has in the bag to try and counter the Call of Duty juggernaut on the horizon. 

Exactly. COD has always been the best seller, and if they don't mess with what they've already got, they have everything BFV has, but much more polished. Of course there will be some who go down with the ship that is battlefield, but trust me, there's no reason I see why you would play BFV, over COD. I genuinely saw more vehicle action in the COD beta, than I see normally in BFV. BFV is that bad.
  • Big_Daddy_Ado
    60 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    These free trials usually come with a spate of cheating but I would be more than happy to be proven wrong in this case.
  • bran1986
    5741 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    New batch of hackers.
  • NLBartmaN
    3434 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I might give it a try on PC, to see if the game plays better on 60Hz servers.

Just hope my pc can run it smoothly, haven't upgraded it in a couple of years...
  • Godmodegta
    343 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Im not interest CoD, good game, but CoD Mw wasn't for me. That sound about right, open up game for bit more... cheater.. in BF
  • olavafar
    1974 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Free game on PC is mostly a cheat festival. If the anti cheat software were up to standards, it would be a good thing but in this state and cheaters already plaguing the game...
  • ackers75
    2438 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Sure is and it’s pretty pathetic.
    Dice and EA knows full well all it does is attract more script kiddies rather than buyers
  • ackers75
    2438 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN wrote: »

Just hope my pc can run it smoothly, haven't upgraded it in a couple of years...

It’s a pretty demanding game that really needs more than a 4 core cpu to run well and 16gb of ram.
    The netcode is better but not by a huge margin
  • NLBartmaN
    3434 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ackers75 said:
    NLBartmaN wrote: »

It’s a pretty demanding game that really needs more than a 4 core cpu to run well and 16gb of ram.
    The netcode is better but not by a huge margin
    I still have a quad core CPU, but 16gb of ram.
    My system is better than the minimal system requirements: https://www.ea.com/nl-nl/games/battlefield/battlefield-5/buy/pc-system-requirements

So I will just give it a try on low settings and see how it runs.
  • YourLocalPlumber
    2969 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Oh the fresh cannon fodder for me to destroy. This shall be interesting since I have to play Rush in order to unlock ToW skin :D
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    1896 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Lootbox COD?  I hear tons of people canceled their pre-orders and boycotting.
  • G-Gnu
    1422 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    GRAW2ROBZ said:
    Lootbox COD?  I hear tons of people canceled their pre-orders and boycotting.
    Not because of loot boxes though. 
  • BeastofBourbon84
    288 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    G-Gnu wrote: »
    (Quote)
    Not because of loot boxes though. 

True the lootbox onslaught usually comes a few weeks after release to keep the reviewers happy.
    Then the community gets the hose ;)