Weekly Debrief

Too many infantry maps

Comments

  • Woodlbrad
    649 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    With more to come unless they scrap that small team mode and the metro remake.
  • Pelliy
    2228 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Pelliy wrote: »
    I agree completely. The Community and DICE is forgetting what makes Battlefield special. It shows in how weak Tanks are and Map design. Panzerstorm is a Example of what makes Battlefield special.

    Panzerstorm is the worst map of all alongside with hamada. You ppl also have mercury and narvik,arras. These all have planes and tanks so dont tell me there are more infantry focused maps.. marita is the first where theres no tanks or planes.
    You can correct me if i'm wrong here but devastation has tanks not planes, same with rotterdam. Fjell has planes but no tanks.

    Again marita is the first thats only really infantry focused..

    In addition to the 45 other modes that are infantry focused. Leave that **** out of Battlefield

    Yeah, leave the most popular focus combat out of battlefield.

    Battlefield would be dead if the devs listened to people like you or anyone that likes maps like hamada and panzerstorm and want more of that type of maps

    Trying to cater to people like you is what got BF into this mess. Pro tip: BF is dead.

    And if you’d ever played a real Battlefield game like Battlefield 2, you’d understand there is such a thing as a “good” map that doesn’t fall along “durrrrr infantry only or panzertorm durrrrrrrrr” binary you think exists.
    "Real Battlefield"


    Gotta love No true scotsmans.

    I didn't give a false dichotomy. I'm just saying infantry focus and infantry ONLY can coexist in battlefield.   If they listened to players like you, we'd have maps like hamada, panzerstorm and heigoland type maps being the majority and no one would play the game. 
  • Pelliy
    2228 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    SirBobdk said:
    SirBobdk wrote: »
    Only playing infantry against infantry quickly gets boring imo. And not because I like being a tanker, I don't.
    I had the most fun playing as engineer hunting vehicles in previous BF games.

    Tank hunting and copter hunting was always fun in previous BF games, we used to take out attack choppers with nade launchers and .50 cals all the time! And my friend is very good with landmines and would give tankers fits
    Spot on. It seems like most people today think vehicles are just annoying, but it's a different opponent and fun to fight.
    It gives an extra dimension to the game, even if you primarily play infantry.
    Or at least it used to be before BF1. Dice has managed to destroy the balance between infantry and vehicles imo

    Vehicles are ancillary, they're there to compliment gunplay. I have no issues with vehicles. If I did, I wouldn't be playing battlefield. I do have an issue with vehicle balancing. From an infantry standpoint and just vehicles overall, but that doesn't mean vehicles are not a part of battlefield.

    but that's also doesn't mean infantry-only can't be a part of battlefield either. 
  • Pelliy
    2228 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    DrunkwoIf wrote: »
    Its sad what BF has become in the terms of large vehicle war. and I think its funny when people say " running simulator " or why am i spawning so far away? when i see that i know right away they either didnt play the older BF games and are here from CoD or they were just bad at them and didnt realize you could spawn on your squad leader or every single flag had vehicles in it. so if you were running off on your own on foot that was because you didnt know wtf you were doing. or you were trying to run off to some edge of the map with your sniper rifle trying to get those Leet KDRs.



    It's extremely sad and the reason BFV is one of the worst Battlefields to date. I mean look at these comments in this thread. They want Battlefield to become COD.

    They want Vehicles to become timed Killstreak rewards. Because I've killed these type of people in Battlefield with a Tank and they get so butt hurt that they spend the rest of the match trying to kill you. They think we want all Vehicles and huge maps when in reality we want what made Battlefield 4 so popular. A great mix of Vehicles and Infantry play. What we have now is campy Tanks because they have nerfed the movement to Oblivion.

    What we have is a community that didn't like Space jumping in COD so they came to Battlefield during 3 or 4 and now they are trying to turn Battlefield into something it's not. All one has to do is look at how mad this community gets when DICE remove COD modes like domination and other small modes to see Battlefield is in decline.
    You're misrepresenting what people are saying. In no way did people say we want battlefield to be like COD. Tell me how many vehicles can a team have manned on one team?  The context of this thread had to do with the addition of the new map. You(and the OP) are saying ONE map that consists of no vehicles is "too much infantry maps" This is the only pure infantry map in the game across all game modes. 

    The other ones include vehicles depending on the mode. This is the only one. You're calling it COD because ONE map. Come on, man. Is that reasonable?
  • CSO7777
    1196 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Pelliy said:
    SirBobdk said:
    SirBobdk wrote: »
    Only playing infantry against infantry quickly gets boring imo. And not because I like being a tanker, I don't.
    I had the most fun playing as engineer hunting vehicles in previous BF games.

    Tank hunting and copter hunting was always fun in previous BF games, we used to take out attack choppers with nade launchers and .50 cals all the time! And my friend is very good with landmines and would give tankers fits
    Spot on. It seems like most people today think vehicles are just annoying, but it's a different opponent and fun to fight.
    It gives an extra dimension to the game, even if you primarily play infantry.
    Or at least it used to be before BF1. Dice has managed to destroy the balance between infantry and vehicles imo

    Vehicles are ancillary, they're there to compliment gunplay. I have no issues with vehicles. If I did, I wouldn't be playing battlefield. I do have an issue with vehicle balancing. From an infantry standpoint and just vehicles overall, but that doesn't mean vehicles are not a part of battlefield.

    but that's also doesn't mean infantry-only can't be a part of battlefield either. 
    Dice has had big issues trying to balance vehicles in the past. In BF4/BF1, vehicle-players were often on top of the scoreboard, with totally stupid scores like 100-2 (or something like that).

    That is the main issue, vehicles farming infantry. How to balance vehicles in a way that satisfies both vehicle-players and infantry-players.

    Most players play infantry, the game should be focused mainly on infantry game-play and I agree with the above poster, the vehicles are ancillary.
  • Pelliy
    2228 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 1
    CSO7777 said:
    Pelliy said:
    SirBobdk said:
    SirBobdk wrote: »
    Only playing infantry against infantry quickly gets boring imo. And not because I like being a tanker, I don't.
    I had the most fun playing as engineer hunting vehicles in previous BF games.

    Tank hunting and copter hunting was always fun in previous BF games, we used to take out attack choppers with nade launchers and .50 cals all the time! And my friend is very good with landmines and would give tankers fits
    Spot on. It seems like most people today think vehicles are just annoying, but it's a different opponent and fun to fight.
    It gives an extra dimension to the game, even if you primarily play infantry.
    Or at least it used to be before BF1. Dice has managed to destroy the balance between infantry and vehicles imo

    Vehicles are ancillary, they're there to compliment gunplay. I have no issues with vehicles. If I did, I wouldn't be playing battlefield. I do have an issue with vehicle balancing. From an infantry standpoint and just vehicles overall, but that doesn't mean vehicles are not a part of battlefield.

    but that's also doesn't mean infantry-only can't be a part of battlefield either. 
    Dice has had big issues trying to balance vehicles in the past. In BF4/BF1, vehicle-players were often on top of the scoreboard, with totally stupid scores like 100-2 (or something like that).

    That is the main issue, vehicles farming infantry. How to balance vehicles in a way that satisfies both vehicle-players and infantry-players.

    Most players play infantry, the game should be focused mainly on infantry game-play and I agree with the above poster, the vehicles are ancillary.
    I am the above poster :D and that's why big maps do have a place in this game even though its not liked by the majority, but look at the absurdity of this thread. The guy is complaining about one pure infantry map in the game and calling it too much. Some how this parlays into other commentators saying people want bf to be like COD and infantry ruined bf :D

    It's what the people want and battlefield having infantry maps doesn't make it COD. Why do people love to bring up Cod so much? Is anyone watching the COD reveal? You see the difference in speed of the game, tracking, the strafe speed and forth?  It's a different game even just comparing infantry to battlefield infantry. Most people here would not fair well on COD, me included so don't take that as a personal dig. It's not as easy game as people are making it.  

    I just happened to prefer battlefields presentation and style of gunplay. 
  • Woodlbrad
    649 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    They might better make infantry only maps vehicles are garbage compared to previous battlefields this is assualtfield v.
  • SirBobdk
    4070 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Pelliy said:
     The guy is complaining about one pure infantry map in the game and calling it too much.
    I dont read it like that. BF have never been more infantry oriented than in BFV and the new map didnt change that. Imo that is what he means.
    And I do agree. Vehicles seem to have no place in this game and they dont really work.
    Before BF1, vehicles made a difference and took part in capture flags,  not just tanks. Now tanks are camping stationary guns and light vehicles death traps.
    The game has become poorer and with less content imo.
    Its not about one infantry maps, but the whole concept being changed. We have seen many maps in the past with a really good balance between infantry and vehicles play, but this is not the case in BFV. Rental servers with full control are also gone forcing us to play the way EA/dice think we should.

  • ackers75
    2392 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Masqerader wrote: »
    ZombieGent said:
    While i do enjoy the new map i cant help but want more open maps that include more vehicles, what BF is supposed to be about


    I am sure when they add the Pacific theater you will get plenty

    And by then the new cod will be out with 64p game modes so good luck with that!
  • Pelliy
    2228 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    SirBobdk said:
    Pelliy said:
     The guy is complaining about one pure infantry map in the game and calling it too much.
    I dont read it like that. BF have never been more infantry oriented than in BFV and the new map didnt change that. Imo that is what he means.
    And I do agree. Vehicles seem to have no place in this game and they dont really work.
    Before BF1, vehicles made a difference and took part in capture flags,  not just tanks. Now tanks are camping stationary guns and light vehicles death traps.
    The game has become poorer and with less content imo.
    Its not about one infantry maps, but the whole concept being changed. We have seen many maps in the past with a really good balance between infantry and vehicles play, but this is not the case in BFV. Rental servers with full control are also gone forcing us to play the way EA/dice think we should.

    Ok, I'd agree with that on the vehicle end. I am not a fan of vehicle gameplay, but I can see how they are weaker in this game and honestly, feel quite clunky with my limited time with them. It seems cumbersome to play for some vehicles. But there are cheap vehicles like the staghound which I'm not a fan of. Or the carpet bombing. The pilot handling could use some improvement though. Seems like you can't those type of dogfights you can get in bf1. 

    What I don't agree with is that the whole concept has changed. there's still vehicles in this game and they do have a place. I've seen people as I alluded to abuse vehicles rather efficiently in this game still. You get a staghound on breakthrough for example. Park it in spawn and you can still reign down terror and get high kill games. I'm not a fan of that. People have criticised dice for both the piloting but also the AAs being ineffective against planes in fjell for example.

    I know that balancing infantry and vehicles are hard, but I still hold true to the mindset that, the vehicles are the ancillary stuff. They add variety to the game. They're not there to be the main course. If they were, then we'd have game modes like air superiority or something for tank battles. Where everyone gets a tank. As it stands, out of a 32 player team, only a few couple select gets tanks. It's not meant to be the high fragger.  Not saying that's what you'd like it to be, but that's the reality of what it'll became and what it was in the past when you balance vehicles to such an efficient level against infantry, people farm heavily with it.
  • mikey199012
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    People talk the most amount of nonsense on these forums. I’d be happy if they went back to just rush and conquest get rid of the stupid modes like domination and tdm which have no place on battlefield.

    Create proper battlefield maps again designed around conquest and rush, release private servers so if people want to remove vehicles and play infantry only they can. When the new cod is released they can leave and go play that.

    Because the devs have listened to the whiners so much and nerfed everything the balance is now so poor it would be better to roll back to how the games was released and it would still be better.
  • VincentNZ
    2906 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I think it has more to do with them interpreting their telemetry wrong. People do not hate vehicles. They want them in this game, they just do not want them to be prevalent like in Panzerstorm, where the infantry is basically encircled by armour with no cover. Players also do not need tight urban combat. They want what you usually get in an urban environment: Short to medium engagement ranges and sufficient cover.
    Zavod is a prime example, a map with exactly these engagement ranges, quite a few vehicles and still a lot of cover. Whenever DICE tries that they add a bunch of houses that reduce the engagement range to point blank instead of short. That is just as frustrating as long range. Instead warehouses, town halls, churches, barns etc. should be added on every map.
    Destructibility is another issue with the current structures, especially when we factor in planes.
  • Charredtoast67
    60 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    That is the main issue, vehicles farming infantry. How to balance vehicles in a way that satisfies both vehicle-players and infantry-players.

    ^This is why the franchise is heading towards the sunset. It baffles me how people don’t understand and will blame anything except themselves for their incompetence. Infantry players are the pawns, vehicles are the knights, bishops, castles, etc.

    Just because one team is utilizing their pieces on the board better than your team does not mean it’s “overpowered.” A heli is easily dealt with from a jet top-down strafe. “The only way to kill a jet is with another, better jet.” Bullcrap. I fear a good Sraw user much more than the AA when I’m flying. PLD any jet bothering you and any lazed missile will instant kill it and ignore counter measures. Almost forgot stealth vs attack jet. The stealth can pull more G’s than the attack allowing an inferior dogfighter to kill you.

    I have 1.93 kill per minute average in the attack jet and there’s been matches I couldn’t stay airborne 3 minutes against a coordinated team locking me. It takes under 150 attack jet kills to get into Div1 for kills. The game is over 6 years old, complaining is easier than practicing. I used to like battlefield but I don’t like what it’s become. Couldn’t be happier to see it die now.


  • mrtwotimes
    764 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So many assumptions and unfounded declarations
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    5483 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The game desperately needs more maps like Panzerstorm or Al Sundan. Big open maps with loads of vehicles and fun. That's the true battlefiled for any veteran of the series.
    But unfortunately that's not going to happen. Vehicles are ruined and not fun while majority of the maps are just made for infantry and infantry only.
  • M_Rat13
    1057 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Most maps do have access to vehicles, it's just they are so weak, and Assault so OP, that no one dares play them/they camp/they get blown up instantly. And that's not even talking about how few vehicle spawns there are generally. I think Fjell has max 5 planes per team, and Panzerstorm has max 6 tanks per team, and that's your best case scenarios.
  • SirBobdk
    4070 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 10
    That is the main issue, vehicles farming infantry. How to balance vehicles in a way that satisfies both vehicle-players and infantry-players.
    Imo this was not a problem from BF42 > BF2. It became more of a problem after where the main playerbase came from other infantry games.
    Many years of pressure from this base have now led BF to become more their wish than what the original player base liked and wanted.
    So now we have a primary infantry game. Not really any different than other infantry based games. Yes there are vehicles, but they don't really matter and there are only a few maps where they make sense. So what is BF today ?. It's clearly not BF anymore, but it's not cod either. It's a strange clone that lacks identity and far from what BF once was. 
    It feels like a game without soul and ambition. It's still fun, but I can't help feeling the whole franchise have been downgraded to a discount version, where the devs really dont know what they want it to be. The remake of Metro says it all. Out of so many great maps during the last 16 years the players base votes that metro is one of the best. 

    Post edited by SirBobdk on
Sign In or Register to comment.