Weekly Debrief

So when is Breakthrough getting removed?

M_Rat13
1057 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Frontlines and Domination were removed due to lack of players. So, considering at least one side is almost always half filled, when is Breakthrough getting removed for the same reason? 

Comments

• M_Rat13
    1057 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Soon hopefully, would much prefer to see FL and Dom make a come back

Or even Rush, considering it takes up the same sort of asymmetrical warfare slot, while also being a way better version of that slot.
  • Hawxxeye
    5591 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    this is an issue of quitters jumping servers to get to a winning team
  • JamieCurnock
    580 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    There is server upon server every night with full games of breakthrough (at least on Xbox there is) so I'm not sure why you think it would need to be removed due to lack of players?

In my experience one side being half filled isn't the case.
  • M_Rat13
    There is server upon server every night with full games of breakthrough (at least on Xbox there is) so I'm not sure why you think it would need to be removed due to lack of players?

In my experience one side being half filled isn't the case.

Well I can't seem to find those servers. This is even clearer with the Operation Underground rotation, although I think that's gone now. Always been dropped into a breakthrough server to fill it up, never a conquest server. Plus Rush is flat out better than Breakthrough, and I honestly don't know why Rush hasn't replaced Breakthrough, especially with how popular Rush is with the community.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    1673 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
  • X_Sunslayer_X
    863 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    GRAW2ROBZ said:

this is far and wide one of the ugliest tank paint-job i've seen ever...
    well i guess DICE decided to forgo any attempt at realistic stuff for good...
    maybe we get some wizardry weapons then like a lightning-projector for a shotgun
    or an automatic crossbow with a drum magazine for an SMG
    i mean now they have opened all the possibilities
  • UraniumReaper
    577 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    (Quote)

this is far and wide one of the ugliest tank paint-job i've seen ever...well i guess DICE decided to forgo any attempt at realistic stuff for good...maybe we get some wizardry weapons then like a lightning-projector for a shotgunor an automatic crossbow with a drum magazine for an SMGi mean now they have opened all the possibilities

I think the image has a blue hue over it, I think those stripes are supposed to be like a brown red not pink.
  • X_Sunslayer_X
    863 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    (Quote)

this is far and wide one of the ugliest tank paint-job i've seen ever...well i guess DICE decided to forgo any attempt at realistic stuff for good...maybe we get some wizardry weapons then like a lightning-projector for a shotgunor an automatic crossbow with a drum magazine for an SMGi mean now they have opened all the possibilities

I think the image has a blue hue over it, I think those stripes are supposed to be like a brown red not pink.

my point still stands its just a sad bad looking skin no one wanted
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    5483 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)

Free skins > no skins.
  • BeastofBourbon84
    232 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 10
    The skin looks pretty fuggly in the screenshots but I think I red somewhere that it's actually authentic because paint was scarce later in the war so tanks were only partially painted (yellow/brownish).
    The red/rust colour is the unpainted part.

...on mobile so no wiki link sry.

Still it's just a tank skin for a tank I never use and underground playlist is gone so it's gonna be a pretty boring week for me.
    The cc nodes are hardly worth the "effort" too.

OT: After dom was removed BT is my most played mode and the last resort for people who liked bf1 ops and were disappointed by bfv's so called grand ops.
    Stop touching the thermostat!
  • X_Sunslayer_X
    edited October 10
    (Quote)

Free skins > no skins.

free does not necessarily mean anything.
    some devs spend time and resources on this skin. now given the devs making skins are not the ones balancing weapons for example but i think alot of the out-fits need more urgent rework then this "camo"
    i doubt this pre-configured skin BS is not what many anticipated when DICE said there will be customization....
    also wouldn't it be fair if all classes got something for the battlefest "celebration" DICE pulled out of god knows where....
    but again medic gets handed the short stick not getting anything until god knows when....
    heck even pilots go out dry... infact they will be loosing their minds sooner then later since the fliegerfaust will most likely ruin their farming antics on some maps
  • M_Rat13
    The skin looks pretty fuggly in the screenshots but I think I red somewhere that it's actually authentic because paint was scarce later in the war so tanks were only partially painted (yellow/brownish).
    The red/rust colour is the unpainted part.

...on mobile so no wiki link sry.

Still it's just a tank skin for a tank I never use and underground playlist is gone so it's gonna be a pretty boring week for me.
    The cc nodes are hardly worth the "effort" too.

OT: After dom was removed BT is my most played mode and the last resort for people who liked bf1 ops and were disappointed by bfv's so called grand ops.
    Stop touching the thermostat!

This is what I always find funny. People who talk about what would and wouldn't be historical, yet they never look up history themselves.
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    3386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

You do know that this skin is based off of an actual tank camouflage used by the Germans in the war, right?

The hull of many German tanks had a pink appearance when unpainted, and late in the war, the Germans were running out of resources. Thus, they decided to use some tan paint to create an improvised camouflage.
  • X_Sunslayer_X

You do know that this skin is based off of an actual tank camouflage used by the Germans in the war, right?

The hull of many German tanks had a pink appearance when unpainted, and late in the war, the Germans were running out of resources. Thus, they decided to use some tan paint to create an improvised camouflage.

i didn't know they did in WW2 but i still think its looks bad.
    given now this is for once an actual historic skin then....

• TFBisquit
    1637 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    In any case, I'm not a fan of breakthrough.
    The revised frontlines however, I did like that one. Wouldn't mind if they switched them. But they wont since there are plenty of players playing breakthrough.
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1562 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    TFBisquit said:
    In any case, I'm not a fan of breakthrough.
    The revised frontlines however, I did like that one. Wouldn't mind if they switched them. But they wont since there are plenty of players playing breakthrough.
    I'm not sure why DICE even bothered revising Frontlines as it has barely been in the game since, such a shame
  • dandop_oq7r7ppf
    245 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Breakthrough shouldn’t be removed, it’s the 2nd most played mode. Perhaps numbers are down because of Rush.

However I do think Grand ops should be removed, or actually reworked.
    Breakthrough and Grand Ops basically competed with each other.
    I enjoyed BF1 OPs because is was essentially breakthrough.
    If BFV reworked Grand ops into BF1 style OPs than I’d be okay with that.